Thread: BASTARD SWORD OF LEGEND: vulgar word detected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default BASTARD SWORD OF LEGEND: vulgar word detected

for those of you who know me, i am rinny. about a while ago, when i was playing pl, i was browsing through cs for cheap items when i saw an item called : bastard sword sword of legend. then, my six year old bro came back from tuition and he asked me " wats a bastard?" not wanting him to know that it was a vulgar word, i said " ummm a unintelligent person"
    after two days,when i was in school , i was to go to the principal`s office. i went inside and saw my bro crying infront of the principal. shocked, i asked the principal wat happened. then she said " ur brother called his teacher a bastard.

i hope STS can consider this letter and change the item name.
    in_game name in PL: rinny/spirituosa
    rinny:lvl 65 enchantress
    Spirituosa: lvl 17 dex bear ( 99% on this character pvping)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I see your point, but maybe you shouldn't have lied to your brother. Maybe the real issue is that he shouldn't be calling his teacher any names whatsoever, vulgar or otherwise.

Just saying.

PROUD OFFICER FOR AEO - 2B1ASK1
    PL Toons - Flenami | Raebami | Dribami | Remrafami | Onihrami | Xofami

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maiohwmai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rinny:565218
    for those of you who know me, i am rinny. about a while ago, when i was playing pl, i was browsing through cs for cheap items when i saw an item called : bastard sword sword of legend. then, my six year old bro came back from tuition and he asked me " wats a bastard?" not wanting him to know that it was a vulgar word, i said " ummm a unintelligent person"
    after two days,when i was in school , i was to go to the principal`s office. i went inside and saw my bro crying infront of the principal. shocked, i asked the principal wat happened. then she said " ur brother called his teacher a bastard.

i hope STS can consider this letter and change the item name.
    The word "bastard" does not carry the meaning that it used to. Now adays there are significantly more children of unwed parent than there are to wed parents, but some people are still offended by that word, because most likely they got in trouble for using the word as an insult themselves. A "bastard" sword is not an insulting phrase at all, it is just a sword that is a bit larger than a longsword and can be weilded with either one hand or two so there is no reason for STS to censor that word since it is not used as an insult. Also, I believe that STS has a recommended minimum age for their games, so people if that age or older should have some idea of when a word is used as an insult or not. It is generally better to look up a word that you don't understand in a dictionary to learn the real meaning, or to ask your parents.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growwle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

that's right, he said bastard.

Edit: I think the issue is a lack of respect for authority rather than sts taught the kid the word bastard. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by wvhills; 02-10-2012 at 03:53 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

So how will the removal of the proper historical name for the sword prevent your little brother from calling his teacher unintelligent.

Brother needs some discipline.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

You should have told him he should never call anyone a bastard.if he is six he won't know he isn't supposed to say certain words. He is too young.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think if ur bro called his teacher 'uintelligent!!!' instead of bastard, he would still be sent to principle's office, wouldn't he?? Its not what names he uses to call his teacher, its the name calling itself that they dont tolerate.

Tbh I think that sword name is fun, me and my guildies use them as pranks, he would throw me a 'vampiric wood', I usually reply by throwing him a 'bastard sword', then he would throw me 'white stuffs', ill answer with a 'limbchopper'! Haha who knows loots could say many things??

sent from Tapatalk on Arc d'Eau

Aquaveridian L.66 Paladin -Aquavera L65 Nuke -Aquamaryan L61 Dexmage -Waterpossum L52 mage - Aquavian L61 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Any word can be used as a slur. Call a round-bodied person with acne a "potato", for instance, as Zappa does in one song, and you'll hurt their feelings. Say it to a teacher and you'll end up in the principal's office. A female dog, a donkey, and an ancient sword have names that have been used as slurs so many times that it's hard to use the terms in their original meaning anymore. Yet, the kennel club, the Bible, and this game all do so, so learn to cope.

In the future I hope you recognize a teaching moment. Your brother asked you because he knew he couldn't ask Mom, so next time remember to be a big brother and secretly tell him what it really means, and never to say it to a grownup!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

-_- should expect that from a kid... To call the teacher that.
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Some items in PL have cuss words in their description too! This really is a problem because I am a big Christian, this needs to be fixed!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faoeskekie View Post
    Some items in PL have cuss words in their description too! This really is a problem because I am a big Christian, this needs to be fixed!
    I have to ask: please list the cursing in PL item description.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faoeskekie View Post
    err Fao just a reminder, didnt you want us to call u 'monkey' as a guild nick name? just so u know, where I come from, when u call someone 'that', that means war!! So since ure in a multicultural mmorpg, u should understand what means something to u doesnt always mean the same to other.

Well, so I think it depends on each persons interpretation of each word. its not the words that cussing. Its ppl who uses them as cuss u should have problems with.

Last edited by aquaveridian; 02-10-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Aquaveridian L.66 Paladin -Aquavera L65 Nuke -Aquamaryan L61 Dexmage -Waterpossum L52 mage - Aquavian L61 archer

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aquaveridian For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i
    just
    had
    a
    lolgasm
    his
    teacher
    is
    probably
    a
    legit
    bastard

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

isnt a bastard a fatherless child? cause my step dad said i was a bastard before he came around and.. that has nothing to do with an uninteligant person btw..

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

22. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Did I seriously just read all these posts? -_- and what are u even doing in your 6yr old brothers principals office? This thread is weird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd:566222
    Did I seriously just read all these posts? -_- and what are u even doing in your 6yr old brothers principals office? This thread is weird.
    xD too true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    and what are u even doing in your 6yr old brothers principals office? This thread is weird.
    duh, clearing things up of course, let his little bro knows what 'bastard' really means, and to let the teacher know what his brother actually meant when he called him 'bastard', I hope he got lighter punishment after that.
    ;p