Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Maybe was mistake ..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Always great to read well-reasoned discussion from the Vampire Nation!

Before I consider allowing enemies to chat with each other in PVP I am going to review the dozens and dozens of private messages and forum threads that consumed my time during 2018 and most of 2019. If I recall correctly, I instructed every reporting player to use the "Ignore" function, and literally every player refused. The reason being: if I 'ignore,' it doesn't keep that player from saying things to other players... and what I really want is for them to be punished / banned, etc. for insulting me (regardless of what insults I may have issued myself).

If things stay as they are PVP popularity will suffer because players cannot trash talk their enemies. While this is not ideal, in my opinion this is acceptable because I don't have enough time to police all of the toxic rage chat and do meaningful development on new stuff at the same time.

Looking forward to hearing your further thoughts on the matter :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Always great to read well-reasoned discussion from the Vampire Nation!

Before I consider allowing enemies to chat with each other in PVP I am going to review the dozens and dozens of private messages and forum threads that consumed my time during 2018 and most of 2019. If I recall correctly, I instructed every reporting player to use the "Ignore" function, and literally every player refused. The reason being: if I 'ignore,' it doesn't keep that player from saying things to other players... and what I really want is for them to be punished / banned, etc. for insulting me (regardless of what insults I may have issued myself).

If things stay as they are PVP popularity will suffer because players cannot trash talk their enemies. While this is not ideal, in my opinion this is acceptable because I don't have enough time to police all of the toxic rage chat and do meaningful development on new stuff at the same time.

Looking forward to hearing your further thoughts on the matter :-)
    oh well.oh well ..were Vampires nd we bite each other hard nd at end pvp is war nd in war nd love all acceptable..Im sorry if I was the one asking before chats to close but was trying figure out how to drag more pp oops sorry vamps in arenas ..now arenas re empty totally !!
    thnks though that u always hear us even when we change moods xd!
    open chats nd let us deal with that as we deal with it 8 years now ..BUT

DL nd all will be much happier nd at least for a while less toxic if all get rich !
    so up the morales nd bring positive energy with a gold event ?
    Make game mate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to namca For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

It Is essential. Especially in a game type like this. The chat was always a big part of it especially in pvp.