Thread: Potential QoL update for "ignore"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default Potential QoL update for "ignore"

Ignored players can't housemail you, text you, or party you. But why are they able to join you in maps? I mean they made it to 'ignore' for a reason. Remapping till you get a fresh map without them is an option but just making it so that you can't be in the same maps as them saves the trouble. Don't know about others but I for one don't want to see the frigging pixels of players on my ignore list again

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundlos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    Ignored players can't housemail you, text you, or party you. But why are they able to join you in maps? I mean they made it to 'ignore' for a reason. Remapping till you get a fresh map without them is an option but just making it so that you can't be in the same maps as them saves the trouble. Don't know about others but I for one don't want to see the frigging pixels of players on my ignore list again
    How do you manage to get in same players as you ignored? Are you in same guild then? So he joins you all the time. Or that you're spamming the same maps the same time? I'm just wondering haha

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syaxyy View Post
    How do you manage to get in same players as you ignored? Are you in same guild then? So he joins you all the time. Or that you're spamming the same maps the same time? I'm just wondering haha

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    Arlor is not that big and i've been in the same situations. You just join a map with randoms and the one guy that you ignored joins or is in there.
    "Control is an illusion."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

This can lead to issues for random party making. Im not aware of how many people are on ignore lists but lets make an extreme example.
    20 people are running a specific map random. And each of them has 5 different people of those 20 in their ignore list - none of them can play with each other.
    Seems unlikely but heres another example: You join one person who has all 19 other guys in his ignorelist - you end up running duo with that person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

This isn't a good idea... So you ignore someone who's in the same map as your 5 friends. You're trying to join your friends but you can't cuz of that ignored guy... Smh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I almost made a thread with this suggestion before, because there are many randoms who just leech maps, especially in Valley Frontier and Greensap Farm, and it's painful.

Actually I feel like those 2 maps are exactly what pushed the OP to make this thread, because for other maps you can easily find a party or just solo.

I'm going with a +0.5 :P
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yeah it comes with complications. And it is not only about leeching etc, there are some people even within ignore who are tolerable. I have a low tolerance threshold for the toxic and the depraved and I don't want to have to do anything with them, not even share a random run with them. Doesn't hurt to put this up in suggestions, if it is deemed acceptable something will be done about it, if it is not possible it will be ignored like the many suggestions which never get implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I agree with you , I have 243 people in my ignored list lul it would cause more problems than solutions