Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Looking for VPN

Any quality VPN that anyone can recommend? Too much lags.. thankyou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

VPN AI is one of the best i know, only vpn that allowed me to play CODM/ARK/AL on school wifi, might be only for apple tho not sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

X Vpn, Vpn proxy master.

Sent from my Armor_6E using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Turbo VPN. Been using for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

I feel the need to clear up this misconception that VPN's somehow boost ping or improve lag when playing AL.

When information flows around the internet, your ping is determined by the amount of time it takes for the information from your device to reach the nearest STS server (Amazon-Linux Servers I believe). If my understanding of sts servers are correct you can find the server location nearest to you by just googling the location of the amazon linux servers around the world. When you normally play AL, information is sent directly from your device directly to the server and resultingly how good your ping is, is determined based on how close you are geographicaly to a server.

Using a VPN severs this direct connection and sends your information to the VPN servers before sending your information to the STS servers, as opposed to directly sending to sts. Thus, your information is traveling around the internet longer then as opposed to if you just sent your information directly to STS servers which resultingly INCREASES your ping. While it is possible in some cases your ping will remain unchanged (when a VPN server is essentially next to or on an STS server), using a VPN will only in extremely rare cases help your ping. Virtual Private Networks were initially designed to bypass firewalls. By sending your data through a different country's server you can get around those firewalls.

I've tried to break down what I know in the simplest way possible. :/

The only real reason to use a VPN in AL would be if you are bypassing a firewall or platinum farming....
    Last edited by Spheresome; 06-17-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the info mates! Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I previously didn't understand anything about the VPN and for what purposes it should be used. Most recently, I've gotten a job in a foreign transport company and for high-quality work, I was told to purchase a VPN. Since I don't understand programming at all, I downloaded the first option in the search list and this became my main mistake. It could switch by itself, there were practically no clean channels, and this made it terribly difficult and spoiled the quality of my work. Then I decided to study in more detail the question of the functioning of the VPN. On one of the forums, I was suggested netflix vpn free, as one of the reliable and convenient providers. I've been using this VPN for a couple of months and I'm completely satisfied with it.
    Last edited by LiamBosco; 04-03-2021 at 03:22 AM.