Thread: The current situation with awakening gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default The current situation with awakening gems

As most of you already know, bound gems will be 10k during this event and tradeable ones will be 30k. Personally, this doesn’t sound too bad since you could stock up on bound gems to awaken your own gears. However, therein lies the issue with players who may miss this event/have recently started out and do not have enough gold on them. Won’t it be a tad bit too ridiculous to have to spend ~1m in awakening gems (if you’re unlucky) to unlock 2 slots on a legendary ring (since, I’m guessing, normal gems will rise to 50k-70k each)?

This is just my two-cents, please do let me know what you think of this change.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

why do you think that sts would care how much gold you spend to open slots?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

The issue imo is there will be a lot less awakes bought thus making them scarce. In the future we have over 6 months before this event comes back.
    Over those 6 months we have expansion which releases new lv 81 items people would want to awake and over time we will get more gold loot sets from winter people want to awake. I won't be surprised if they go over 100k each. We seen what happen with the awake event in January.
    You guys now realize why I was against it, they had that event too early and over time more items got released in the game and awake gems hit an astonishingly 55k each before they released another awake event. They should keep tradeable kits 10k each and nontradeable 8k each. 30k is too high.

Sent from my Armor_6E using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The issue imo is there will be a lot less awakes bought thus making them scarce. In the future we have over 6 months before this event comes back.
    Over those 6 months we have expansion which releases new lv 81 items people would want to awake and over time we will get more gold loot sets from winter people want to awake. I won't be surprised if they go over 100k each. We seen what happen with the awake event in January.
    You guys now realize why I was against it, they had that event too early and over time more items got released in the game and awake gems hit an astonishingly 55k each before they released another awake event. They should keep tradeable kits 10k each and nontradeable 8k each. 30k is too high.

You’re right that gems will become too scarce; we’ll have to work with pre-existing gems + the few gems that will be added during the event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

These normal gems would eventually reach peak price, a price that is too expensive for its value. Such that spending just another few thousand more for an Elite gem would be better.

Now, Elite gems skyrocketing even more, assuming more players will now shift to using elite gems. If so, would make players revert back to normal gems again as elites are now expensive.

The problem is awakening would eventually be expensive for future gears. Current gears with existing awakes would skyrocket.
    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-17-2020 at 10:59 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is Madness TBH this is not an Event
    It would be Fair if This Event Come back every Month

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

The best solution would be to abolish the event and making them permanently buyable in the store

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    The best solution would be to abolish the event and making them permanently buyable in the store
    Or make the event coming fixed for 4 times per year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Would make elite awakes less of an option, decreasing their plat revenue from it. So no they won't do this.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post

Oh please encryptions, you just want to invest your 500m pure gold into these things so, when they reach 20 or 30k you can merch them triple profit back. You can have more than 500m profit. Which would give you more than 1billion or 1.5 billion. Mr i hoarded 2k plat eggs.

They should just make them bound in store for 10k. It doesn’t kill the economy. And it won’t make the Elite gems lose value since, with elite gems you have better awakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I think this new arrangement is perfect price wise. What should change is the initial slot opening. The current 5k should be per slot, not a gamble. Enuff of that happening after slots are open.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giant bench View Post
    Oh please encryptions, you just want to invest your 500m pure gold into these things so, when they reach 20 or 30k you can merch them triple profit back. You can have more than 500m profit. Which would give you more than 1billion or 1.5 billion. Mr i hoarded 2k plat eggs.

They should just make them bound in store for 10k. It doesn’t kill the economy. And it won’t make the Elite gems lose value since, with elite gems you have better awakes.
    I'm still going to use my 500m on them hahah, but still sends that 500m to the void. I may profit more than ever this time on awake event since less gems will be bought so price rises higher and faster. They need that 999m cap. I wouldn't mind if they kept gems in the store for ever but the item prices will be hard to determine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

You guys don't understand it.
    The normal blue awake gems , even if they reach peak price as u say about 90-100k..there is still the elite awale gems for the same price.
    So why buy normal awake gem while u can buy elite awake gem.

Herein lies my point so there will be a bigger increase in elite awake gems.
    This will give more sales on elite awake gems.
    This is not about player friendly or not but a good strategy for increasing elite awake sale in plat store.

But I like this change since there won't be no hoarding and selling bulk like was before to such an extent.
    So all good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Merch this, merch that. Omg is no one bothered about the blessing this event is for low-levels and poor players that can't afford normal priced gems?
    Everyone is so consumed by greed, they just want to make a profit for themselves. The forum is flooded with angry people that invested over millions in hoarding gems but what about the little guys that can't afford to buy a couple gems without going broke?
    What's happened to this community

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.