Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Event Lb Ties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Tieing deliberately is too easy. Teamwork and cooperation is seen, but lb runners running in a team to tie vs lb runner running indpendently is unfair in terms of getting into Top10. Basically players with connections have an advantage, instead of actually running harder.

It is time to introduce decimal points. For example, Ursoth when killed would either give 50.00 or 50.01pts. This would add overtime, but not significant enough that your luck getting the higher one would matter.

This would make ties harder, and similarly how timed lb works, milliseconds is considered, making ties so much harder.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Tieing deliberately is too easy. Teamwork and cooperation is seen, but lb runners running in a team to tie vs lb runner running indpendently is unfair in terms of getting into Top10. Basically players with connections have an advantage, instead of actually running harder.

It is time to introduce decimal points. For example, Ursoth when killed would either give 50.00 or 50.01pts. This would add overtime, but not significant enough that your luck getting the higher one would matter.

This would make ties harder, and similarly how timed lb works, milliseconds is considered, making ties so much harder.

@@ So rather making a boss give a fixed # of points per death it varies? That wont accomplish anything, ties can still happen lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiaaaa View Post
    @@ So rather making a boss give a fixed # of points per death it varies? That wont accomplish anything, ties can still happen lol.
    Currently, players can pre-determine which bosses to run, making it easy to organize a tie. With decimals they can't because it varies, but the sole purpose is to make ties very hard rather than advantage in points (which is insignificant).

Timed lb for example, if it only considers seconds than a tie would happen frequently. But currently with decimals, ties would only happen once in a blue moon.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-18-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Currently, players can pre-determine which bosses to run, making it easy to organize a tie. With decimals they can't because it varies, but the sole purpose is to make ties very hard rather than advantage in points (which is very miniscule).

Timed lb for example, if it only considers seconds than a tie would happen frequently. But currently with decimals, ties would only happen once in a blue moon.

I see your point, and it's probably the best anti-tie system I have seen so far.

Question,

If Person A receives 50.1 pts consistently whereas Person B receives 50.7 wouldn't this leave room for issues? Unless your saying that the amount of points a person can get is randomized within a certain range per boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I think it could also consider the number of bosses in case of tie.

Example :
    -Player A has 275.500 pts, and killed 1125 bosses
    -Player B has 275.500 pts, and killed 1107 bosses
    Player A gets better lb spot

Not sure if this can solve the situation though

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

add System Timestamp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I always wondered if you can get a punishment if you act like you tie up with somebody but break the tie in the last minute to let all others loose their placement and eventually make them loose top10 rewards. If I know that this does not cause any kind of punishent I would not trust people easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I agree with this. The only way sts could atleast do something like this would prevent ties. If sts gives a crap.

Back in the days, 1_4 would tie at very max in every class. Look at the players leading every event tie now sitting at very low points getting 10_15 per extra to get the rewards per class it's just pathetic to those who rlly tries to compete for the rewards yet "top 10 ea class" becomes top 30 ea. Preventing ties would stop all kinds of lb dramas and would actually bring some real competition. It's a leaderboard for top 10 ea class pls dont tell me 20 Olympic racers hold hands to cross the finish line together.

Meant to quote ilovepopp idea.

Not to mention, 70 players r getting the top 10 rewards this event. The number will only increase every event now.
    Last edited by Scll; 06-18-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scll View Post
    I agree with this. The only way sts could atleast do something like this would prevent ties. If sts gives a crap.

Back in the days, 1_4 would tie at very max in every class. Look at the players leading every event tie now sitting at very low points getting 10_15 per extra to get the rewards per class it's just pathetic to those who rlly tries to compete for the rewards yet "top 10 ea class" becomes top 30 ea. Preventing ties would stop all kinds of lb dramas and would actually bring some real competition. It's a leaderboard for top 10 ea class pls dont tell me 20 Olympic racers hold hands to cross the finish line together.

Not to mention, 70 players r getting the top 10 rewards this event. The number will only increase every event now.
    I dont.. what?
    How is it “pathetic” to those who want to compete? People who want to be first can still go farm to #1, ties are usually spot 5 and down.
    What lb dramas? The way i see it people are actually cooperating instead of creating drama.
    Actually, the only people creating drama here are people like you?

What timemachine are you using?
    Id love to get some insights in the life of a time traveler, and why dont you do usefull things instead of checking how many people will tie in the upcoming events?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scll View Post

I agree with Spooked.

Its actually beautiful to see people working together and agreeing to tie and not breaking it. At the end of the day, all of those on LB worked hard for it so why not?
    And if its "Exclusivity" your worried about that means your greeeeedy mate.

In life you win you lose and you compromise (tie).
    No reason for it to be different in game.

I have yet to see an actual person who participated in running the Event LB complain on tying with others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

I agree with Spooked.

Its actually beautiful to see people working together and agreeing to tie and not breaking it. At the end of the day, all of those on LB worked hard for it so why not?
    And if its "Exclusivity" your worried about that means your greeeeedy mate.

In life you win you lose and you compromise (tie).
    No reason for it to be different in game.

I have yet to see an actual person who participated in running the Event LB complain on tying with others.
    Well thats clearly because you having been looking for one. Most of the people who haven't tied, aka are above the ties don't agree with tying... That's why they broke the tie. Common sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
    Well thats clearly because you having been looking for one. Most of the people who haven't tied, aka are above the ties don't agree with tying... That's why they broke the tie. Common sense.
    "Common Sense"

Those who don't want to tie...do not and those who want to tie...do.
    Its not mandatory for there to be ties every event. Players do it because it is convenient for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I dont.. what?
    How is it “pathetic” to those who want to compete? People who want to be first can still go farm to #1, ties are usually spot 5 and down.
    What lb dramas? The way i see it people are actually cooperating instead of creating drama.
    Actually, the only people creating drama here are people like you?

What timemachine are you using?
    Id love to get some insights in the life of a time traveler, and why dont you do usefull things instead of checking how many people will tie in the upcoming events?
    Not worth my time replying to the one who just tied this event. Mr dan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

People are forgetting why players run Top10.

Its Top10 for 10 players for a reason. Rewards are exclusive for 10 players only, this is the appeal and motive why independent players even consider running. Ties like these makes the Top10 less competitive.

The grind from Top1-9 players vs. 20 players settling low at Top10 is incomparable. Don't tell me they did 'hardwork' when all they did was running significantly less and depending on others. If you'll manage to tie at Top1 (which no one will do because they want the rewards as easily attainable hence doing less effort) then thats teamwork.

If they made tieing deliberately improbable, it would be more competitive, appealing.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-18-2020 at 09:50 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

People are forgetting why players run Top10.

Its Top10 for 10 players for a reason. Rewards are exclusive for 10 players only, this is the appeal and motive why independent players even consider running. Ties like these makes the Top10 less competitive.

The grind from Top1-9 players vs. 20 players settling low at Top10 is incomparable. Don't tell me they did 'hardwork' when all they did was running significantly less and depending on others. If you'll manage to tie at Top1 (which no one will do because they want the rewards as easily attainable hence doing less effort) then thats teamwork.

If they made tieing deliberately improbable, it would be more competitive, appealing.

Asking STS to intervene and change the system so that ties are harder to happen seems....foolish?

This is a problem for the player community to solve tbh, and although there have been a few rallies for ties to end, players do it every event.

Point system works and has worked for years, kinda weird to change it because some players are okay with settling for ties and other players dont like them doing so.
    Last edited by Sophiaaaa; 06-18-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Asking STS to intervene and break the ties or change the system so that ties are harder to happen seems....foolish?

This is a problem for the player community to solve tbh, and although there have been a few rallies for ties to end, players do it every event.

Point system works and has worked for years, kinda weird to change it because some players are okay with settling for ties and other players dont like them doing so.
    Never did we discussed to change it during an event.

With that logic of yours, and others, Timed/Hydra/Orrick/Gates lbs, Swamp Temple events must be for greedy players because STS made it almost impossible to tie with the decimal increments and scoring parameters.

So does that mean these lbs ive stated doesn't involve cooperation, teamwork because players can't tie and get the same rewards for more than what is advertised?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I still cant comprehend why people are whining about this.
    People who actually DO run the top10 arent that against ties as are the keyboard warriors on the forums.
    Ofcourse there will always be some tiebreakers but the majority is fine with a tie, wanna know why? Convenience.
    It saves a week of intense farming.
    Is this unfair? No.
    People who arent in the tie can easily take advantage of this and catch up or even pass.

In the end of the day its a vanity as reward, a V A N I T Y
    Your gameplay isnt going to be affected by this, and lb vanities wont kill anything faster either.
    Dont even get me started on the “exclusivity” argument.
    Lets look back on things like green arlor set/zhulong aura and most recently the “exclusive” golden title.
    The word exclusive can be taken with a grain of salt in AL, so why is a lb vanity being distributed to a larger demographic who have still put massive amounts of gold and effort in causing such an uproar.
    Last edited by Spooked; 06-19-2020 at 08:58 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I still cant comprehend why people are whining about this.
    People who actually DO run the top10 arent that against ties as are the keyboard warriors on the forums.
    Ofcourse there will always be some tiebreakers but the majority is fine with a tie, wanna know why? Convenience.
    It saves a week of intense farming.
    Is this unfair? No.
    People who arent in the tie can easily take advantage of this and catch up or even pass.

In the end of the day its a vanity as reward, a V A N I T Y
    Your gameplay isnt going to be affected by this, and lb vanities wont kill anything faster either.
    Dont even get me started on the “exclusivity” argument.
    Lets look back on things like green arlor set/zhulong aura and most recently the “exclusive” golden title.
    The word exclusive can be taken with a grain of salt in AL, so why is a lb vanity being distributed to a larger demographic who have still put massive amounts of gold and effort in causing such an uproar.
    Don't generalize the Top10 players as being fine with ties. One thing is for sure only ones happy are the ones who ties.

Only then would it be fair if the Top10 rewards are for those who strive, not those who describes it as 'convenience', 'saves a week of "intense" grinding'... or in other words.. an oppurtunity to do the bare minimum for maximum return... this phrase summarizes tieing in a nutshell.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-19-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Don't generalize the Top10 players as being fine with ties. One thing is for sure only ones happy are the ones who ties.

Only then would it be fair if the Top10 rewards are for those who strive, not those who describes it as 'convenience', 'saves a week of "intense" grinding'... or in other words.. an oppurtunity to do the bare minimum for maximum return... this phrase summarizes tieing in a nutshell.

“The majority” isnt generalizing, get your facts right please.
    Ofcourse, why go the extra mile when you can also do it for less time and effort.
    When you have to drive 10 minutes to get to work, would you drive 30 just because?
    Bit of a weak argument.
    People can still overtake and force the players in tie to move.
    They dont? Not the fault of the people in tie.
    Regardless of doing “minimum effort” its still a very time consuming and draining road, wether you buy all the energy you need or farm it.
    Last edited by Spooked; 06-19-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

“The majority” isnt generalizing, get your facts right please.
    Ofcourse, why go the extra mile when you can also do it for less time and effort.
    When you have to drive 10 minutes to get to work, would you drive 30 just because?
    Bit of a weak argument.
    People can still overtake and force the players in tie to move.
    They dont? Not the fault of the people in tie.
    Regardless of doing “minimum effort” its still a very time consuming and draining road, wether you buy all the energy you need or farm it.
    'Why go for the extra mile if you can do it in less time and effort'

So if ties aren't an option, only then would you go for that extra mile. Changing the pointing mechanic that would make ties not possible shouldn't be a problem in your regard with that logic. A complete turn.

I'm stopping here, I've made my point.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-19-2020 at 10:22 AM.