Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Event Lb Ties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    'Why go for the extra mile if you can do it in less time and effort'

So if ties aren't an option, only then would you go for that extra mile. Changing the pointing mechanic that would make ties not possible shouldn't be a problem in your regard with that logic. A complete turn.

I'm stopping here, I've made my point.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    If ties arent an option it wouldnt be “an extra mile”
    If there were no ties it would be a regular race of who can pay more.
    An extra mile, my friend, is something optional.
    If there are no ties theres no option on wether to tie or to pass.
    Common sense.
    Explain how changing points wouldnt change anything in my regard, would love to see how you ended up with that conclusion after my posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Don't generalize the Top10 players as being fine with ties. One thing is for sure only ones happy are the ones who ties.

Only then would it be fair if the Top10 rewards are for those who strive, not those who describes it as 'convenience', 'saves a week of "intense" grinding'... or in other words.. an oppurtunity to do the bare minimum for maximum return... this phrase summarizes tieing in a nutshell.

If the top 10 players arent fine with ties

Why do they do it? CONSISTENTLY

Because it easier for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

If the OP is so concerned with ties every event, start a campaign every start of an event and convince people to actually pass the ones that go for a tie, your concern will be a non-issue by the end of that event.

It is a competition, i agree totally, but those ties are not standing agreements between those players either, anyone of those tieing can break the tie and deprive the others at the very last minute, but they dont, you know why?, because its based on fellow players recognition of the fact that ACTUALLY getting to the tie point is NO small feat, otherwise the top 50 will always manage to tie for the top prize.

Threads such as this reeks of envy. Its a decease and people need to curb it at all times.
    Last edited by Svvords; 06-19-2020 at 06:10 PM.
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Svvords For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Svvords View Post
    If the OP is so concerned with ties every event, start a campaign every start of an event and convince people to actually pass the ones that go for a tie, your concern will be a non-issue by the end of that event.

It is a competition, i agree totally, but those ties are not standing agreements between those players either, anyone of those tieing can break the tie and deprive the others at the very last minute, but they dont, you know why?, because its based on fellow players recognition of the fact that ACTUALLY getting to the tie point is NO small feat, otherwise the top 50 will always manage to tie for the top prize.

Threads such as this reeks of envy. Its a decease and people need to curb it at all times.
    I agree

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Or why not change the parameters such that tieing deliberately is unlikely? so players could be competitive for once? and not be contented doing the bare minimum for maximum return.

All those who ties just want the rewards easily attainable. I bet if this was changed none of those tie breakers would think to run the Top10 because it now requires constant grinding, not to settle low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Or why not change the parameters such that tieing deliberately is unlikely? so players could be competitive for once? and not be contented doing the bare minimum for maximum return.

All those who ties just want the rewards easily attainable. I bet if this was changed none of those tie breakers would think to run the Top10 because it now requires constant grinding, not to settle low.

Your asking for them to take away one aspect of the players' freedom away?

People CHOOSE to tie or not to tie. Redirect your passion on this subject not at the devs but to the players.
    This system has worked for years, all that has changed are the player's mindsets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I’m not the guy you should be discussing this with, perhaps a dev can indulge you, all those who tie definitely don’t want the easy way out, 170k? are you freaking serious? its their choice, you can’t dictate that choice, it is what it is, if the devs wanted it to be competitive as you envision it to be, then so be it, players just work with what the devs provide them with.

I mean, do you want something that discourages you to run lb just because the parameters are too restrictive? its just a game and we are talking about pixels here, dont complicate it any further.

I would think that ties are there as an incentive from the developers, for those aspirants who want to at least be within striking range of the top prize, the risk of course is getting passed by others and wholly ignoring the tie, what you are proposing is an imposed commitment which I think takes out the fun while being competitive, what you are proposing is greed.
    Last edited by Svvords; 06-20-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

I’m not the guy you should be discussing this with, perhaps a dev can indulge you, all those who tie definitely don’t want the easy way out, 170k? are you freaking serious? its their choice, you can’t dictate that choice, it it what it is, if the devs wanted it to be competitive as you envision it to be, then so be it, players just work with what the devs provide them with.

I mean, do you want something that discourages you to run lb just because the parameters are too restrictive? its just a game and we are talking about pixels here, dont complicate it any further.

I would think that ties are there as an incentive from the developers, for those aspirants who want to at least be within striking range of the top prize, the risk of course is getting passed by others and wholly ignoring the tie, what you are proposing is an imposed commitment which I think takes out the fun while being competitive, what you are proposing is greed.
    Those 'aspirants' you speak off, in other words are those who are contented with what currently is possible, an oppurtunity to do the least and still be rewarded equally, which is the flaw, don't you think?

Take the Swamp Temple event, is an example of a truly appealing &competitive lb, tieing deliberately is almost impossible, rewards are only given to deserving and striving runners.. Did players oppose how it is almost impossible to tie? No. With that, the same reactions can be assumed if applied to events like these..

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-20-2020 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Those 'aspirants' you speak off, in other words are those who are contented with what currently is possible, an oppurtunity to do the least and still be rewarded equally, which is the flaw, don't you think?

Take the Swamp Temple event, is an example of a truly appealing &competitive lb, tieing deliberately is almost impossible, rewards are only given to deserving and striving runners.. Did players oppose how it is almost impossible to tie? No. With that, the same reactions can be assumed if applied to events like these..

those aspirants are the people who tied, you should crash their party next time by running lb and depriving them of their prize.

do not compare this event with swamp temple, the event is what the devs decided to give the players, deal with it including the supposed flaws you speak of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

[QUOTE=Ilove_Poopoo;3232872[/QUOTE]

What leaderboards / position did you run?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    What leaderboards / position did you run?
    Lbs where ties are unlikely, so players can't degrade the exclusivity and credibility of the rewards by doing the bare minimum.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I personally like seeing the ties. It shows cooperation instead of promoting screwing each other for ppl own gain.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crystalwiz For This Useful Post: