Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Farming Items Meta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    I have been grinding the game for a year, I’m able to afford most of the items I need to make my stats look decent, all the gold is made through events, if low level players have started the game when there’s no event around, than obviously they’ll think it’s impossible to get those gears, even when I started there were items worth over 100m+. But farming is the key, new players should focus on their level first, best time is when there’s no event since you can ask players for help in harder maps, but if the lower level players think they would come into the game and just expect there’s a way to earn gold like late game players, than no player would make themselves fully geared and spend millions of gold since all of them would be able to get gold, rn people are making gold through the new expansion (gates), well what the new players don’t realise is that players spent over 100m worth of gold to get the right gears and last longer in those maps, it’s not as easy as low level players think it was for high level players,
    You aren't getting the point.... Read my post again....

My main point was that gold should be cycled to keep the economy healthy

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

A simple solution can be introduced , gold sinks to make gold in overall less in the economy of the game to avoid gears getting too expensive , for example these bound awakening gems are GREAT gold sinks ^^) , sts tried to make other gold sinks like in marvelous event opening mini exotic chests but it was for 1m , price needs to be reasonable for the players to spend their gold on these gold sinks , which means the gold that will be added from gold loot , will be sinked in purchasing things from npc's etc

Hope i explained my opinion in an understandable way ^^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Hi,

Do you guys prefer the current Gold Loot meta? Do you guys like it? Is it healthy for the game?

Personally I feel it keeps widening the gap between new and poor players, and rich players.

If STS decides to shift the meta to farming items, how would you guys react?

For example: They slowly nerf gold drops and remove gold loot from lvl 81 items.

I, personally, believe that gold should be cycled between the players. Player A loots an item, Player B buys the item, Player A uses the gold to purchase his items from Player C, and so on... The gold keep moving around this way.

Gold loot keeps adding gold into the game making all the items extremely expensive, they might not be expensive to ppl who have high gold loot, but to a new player that's unattainable.

Another situation: Since gold keep being added into the game, it will lose its value. If the game states keep going on like this, normal arcane weapons will be 100m+. Now imagine how long will it take for a person to reach these items.

Before guilds would farm elite maps together to try to loot rare items, now ppl just farm gold and buy them from those who open locks.

It should take about a month of farming for a new player to get his hands on arcane items, not a year.

Assuming a player earns 1 million gold a day, that's 2 month for him to have enough for duggar dagger. That's if the player earns 1m a day. Only ppl with very high gold loot can do that. If someone earns 500k a day, that's 4 month...I hope you guys get what I am tryna say...

Peace

For me gold loot is good but the game should really have more ways to farm that needs gold to buy them so gold will circulate to players. But the game doesnt do that just gold loot farming and will really tear the gap between poor and rich. Jewel farm was a thing before and now it's gone which will make items to go higher since there are no other stuff that needs gold to spend on. Idk why sts is letting the doors close for new players to come in and just happy with players who are pay to play and players who have gold loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argoub View Post
    A simple solution can be introduced , gold sinks to make gold in overall less in the economy of the game to avoid gears getting too expensive , for example these bound awakening gems are GREAT gold sinks ^^) , sts tried to make other gold sinks like in marvelous event opening mini exotic chests but it was for 1m , price needs to be reasonable for the players to spend their gold on these gold sinks , which means the gold that will be added from gold loot , will be sinked in purchasing things from npc's etc

Hope i explained my opinion in an understandable way ^^)
    Why do they need gold sink to begin with.....

Gold should be cycled between the players.....

A little gold loot farming should be fine since there needs to be gold in game so it can be cycled but it shouldn't be the main way of farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Yikes, now that jewel farming is gone. There aren't many options left besides gold loot

Last edited by umarrahim; 06-21-2020 at 12:18 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback. Keep it coming! Great insights here.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For me nerf gold loot will be the answer for those items that keeps getting higher in price. Demolish eggzavier and bring back the old school egg farm that is farming in elite maps, lock farming is really dead because of high luck items and awakes. Better if they introduce new ways of farming that the farmed items are needed to every players.

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

while gl is the main thing in the game you can make gold during events, craft things that rich players need, if people could get rich in just 1 or 2 months i want it on that cheat :v, obviously it is boring to wait for events so, maybe farm elite golden war/pirate/puzzle chests or just lvl a second character :v

maybe create a gl awakened pack for new players, 20%gl in very item weapon,ring,amulet,belt and make it untradeable evens they will get gold eventually, i personally started farming with like 140%gl in esg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasaria View Post
    while gl is the main thing in the game you can make gold during events, craft things that rich players need, if people could get rich in just 1 or 2 months i want it on that cheat :v, obviously it is boring to wait for events so, maybe farm elite golden war/pirate/puzzle chests or just lvl a second character :v

maybe create a gl awakened pack for new players, 20%gl in very item weapon,ring,amulet,belt and make it untradeable evens they will get gold eventually, i personally started farming with like 140%gl in esg
    But that was on the time of esg when runners just like every farmers to get speed set and go. Now? most runners want u to have end game gears (arcane engine wep). What im telling u is even u farm elite gold chests it is not enough to farm it to buy an end game wep which costs 50m+. Will they farm that forever about 5months while gold loot farmers' pockets are increasing everyday? ofcourse not they will think it is not worth it to play the game. More gold input to the game (thanks to gl farmers) the more item prices go up and thanks to the current update the gold cap is increased. For me the gold cap increase just shows the gold pool of rich players (thinking mostly are gl farmers and pay 2 play players) which will result that everyone(rich players) thinks all players have huge amount of gold then they will increase their items to be sold more. Just my speculation but we will see in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback. Keep it coming! Great insights here.
    Could u give me insights on the idea behind introducing gold loot to the game?

High gold loot players are farming 1million gold per hour while low end players can barely make 50k.

New players struggle to make even 10k in an hour. This keeps widening the gap between poor and rich.

Items are getting really expensive day by day for newer players. How are they suppose to earn enough money to buy gold loot? Sure there are events like Easter and Eggzavier, even rich people benefit from them which makes the price of gears even more expensive, and luck plays quite a big role in events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Could u give me insights on the idea behind introducing gold loot to the game?

High gold loot players are farming 1million gold per hour while low end players can barely make 50k.

New players struggle to make even 10k in an hour. This keeps widening the gap between poor and rich.

Items are getting really expensive day by day for newer players. How are they suppose to earn enough money to buy gold loot? Sure there are events like Easter and Eggzavier, even rich people benefit from them which makes the price of gears even more expensive, and luck plays quite a big role in events.

I also have the same question, but I don't think they'll ever answer that, so I'll share my thoughts instead. :P

I guess it's because it's easier to just slap a big gold drop to each boss instead of adding different items to every boss, and still keep it a good spot for farming. It's probably way easier for STS when designing maps and bosses, and also good for the players who don't mind grinding endlessly without getting bored. When the new expansion comes, chances are DM gets a gold drop nerf (like ESG did), then in the other one same happens to Valley bosses, and so on. That way the newest expansion will always be relevant even if it doesn't drop anything cool, just like Valley is now. XD
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I also have the same question, but I don't think they'll ever answer that, so I'll share my thoughts instead. :P

I guess it's because it's easier to just slap a big gold drop to each boss instead of adding different items to every boss, and still keep it a good spot for farming. It's probably way easier for STS when designing maps and bosses, and also good for the players who don't mind grinding endlessly without getting bored. When the new expansion comes, chances are DM gets a gold drop nerf (like ESG did), then in the other one same happens to Valley bosses, and so on. That way the newest expansion will always be relevant even if it doesn't drop anything cool, just like Valley is now. XD
    That's the problem, they introduced gold loot. For me, gold loot killed most all farms it should've been better if they terminated it. They couldve put booty as mini events and doesnt need gold loot that should give more life to the economy of the game because sts can hold the input of gold to the game. Now that jewel farm is dead there are no more items that every player needs which will result for inflation of items in the future