Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New jewel farming system, ideas, toughts..what to change and what to keep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nu.exe View Post
    How will jewel elix go up in price if there are no jewel farmers to consume them? No specific gears? for a mage and rogues that are naturally have high dmg that is. Can u clear morgera lair and gates without arc gear?
    If it gets hard buffed...If u think clearly..... Anyone can farm them now, anyone can open 10k elixir and maybe make 30k off of it. Tripling their gold.

The elixir won't go up in price.... If it gets easier to farm then everyone will do it dropping the overall price of jewels. Now that elixirs drop from bosses, this just adds to what I said.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    If it gets hard buffed...If u think clearly..... Anyone can farm them now, anyone can open 10k elixir and maybe make 30k off of it. Tripling their gold.

The elixir won't go up in price.... If it gets easier to farm then everyone will do it dropping the overall price of jewels. Now that elixirs drop from bosses, this just adds to what I said.

When the drop rate was normal, fin, mind and fury jewel lixes (the most sought after) prices were 35k, 28k, and 22k respectively. And they all sold well as there was a constant stream of supply and demand from players. If the jewel dropped rate is buffed, the prices will bounce back up as players will start buying them again. They are only so low in auction because a majority of jewel-farmers stopped farming as they found it unfulfilling and not worth their time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post

Ill ask u this again is that fulfilling? 20k profit for 30min farm? In gold loot farming 30 mins is 1m if u have 400-500gl or more. Before the nerf all class can farm jewels but only war class is the best to make profit from them. What I'm telling u is let there be jewel farmers to do it while others do gold loot so there is a circulation of gold. What u want is just gold loot farmers getting all the gold they want while poor players are trying so hard farming for months-years just to get 1 good arc gear. Good thing i started at easter event to have my capital gold but if not u think players will play the game? I dont want to the jewel elix to be buffed just stay the way it was just nerf the maps we are currently using. They introduced the jewel elix with damaging mobs and they made mauso witches to have dmg reduction orbs is that our fault to take advantage of it? Do u think everyone can afford to farm with gold loot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good luck to all rogues no Jewel farming = 5m noble fin xD I'm just kidding let's see how much will increase the jewel prices if the jewel elixir not going to change.... Btw. I can't say "fair" because the jewel farming is dead really dead it's like you are farming tindrin like before... Old day price jewels will be back xD good luck to all

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The point of this nerf, IMO, is for free to play players (f2p) to upgrade their jewel for free. Bosses drops jewel elixirs and mobs drops jewels, which means they don’t need to buy the already expensive jewels in the market prior to the nerf to upgrade their gears. They can just upgrade their jewel socket by themselves. Albeit, it will take a while, but at least it’s cheaper. The same applies with the awakening ingredients which had an increase in drop rate. It’s not all about profit, guys.

Furthermore, earning gold in AL is not only limited to jewel farming and gold loot farming. There are many ways to earn gold in Arcane Legends such as selling sack of orc tags, hauntlet, farming elite chests, events, merching, and etc. Again, it might take a while and not very consistent than gold farming or jewel farming, but it’s something to start with. Also, gold farming also takes effort. Keep in mind that they still have to farm for hours like everybody else to have a decent amount of gold.

With regards with toxic players, there’s an ignore and report function in the game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

The point of this nerf you say is so all classes can farm jewels. I tried some lixes with my mage in deep marsh and using 3 lixes at different times I couldn't even craft 1 standard jewel. Seems like nothing has changed with farming jewels with a class other than tank. Seems like the lixes are dropping but not the jewels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

A way to save jewel farming is good drop rate n as will said.. drop til fortifine
    I farm deep n i make 1m per house.. i used 2 lix but only able to craft 2 weak.
    I drop some craft n damage but its too low?
    I hope dev come up with some solutions!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trolzerkeinstein View Post
    The point of this nerf, IMO, is for free to play players (f2p) to upgrade their jewel for free. Bosses drops jewel elixirs and mobs drops jewels, which means they don’t need to buy the already expensive jewels in the market prior to the nerf to upgrade their gears. They can just upgrade their jewel socket by themselves. Albeit, it will take a while, but at least it’s cheaper. The same applies with the awakening ingredients which had an increase in drop rate. It’s not all about profit, guys.

Furthermore, earning gold in AL is not only limited to jewel farming and gold loot farming. There are many ways to earn gold in Arcane Legends such as selling sack of orc tags, hauntlet, farming elite chests, events, merching, and etc. Again, it might take a while and not very consistent than gold farming or jewel farming, but it’s something to start with. Also, gold farming also takes effort. Keep in mind that they still have to farm for hours like everybody else to have a decent amount of gold.

With regards with toxic players, there’s an ignore and report function in the game.
    Farm it themselves? If they have to pay 5k fin elix for 1 weak fin jewel then they have just wasted their time for more expensive jewel. Before nerf u can buy weak fin 2k each directly to some jewel farmers and now they have to farm it themselves paying twice the cost. Just like u said there are more ways of farming but it is not consistent that there is a drop for the item they are farming (elite chest). Gold loot farmers farm 30 mins for 1m while other elite map farmers get 100k for maybe 30 mins to 1 hour. Is that fair? ofcourse not then they are forced to get gold loot too but it will take them months-years farming for a good gear and gold loot gear since most gold loot farmers are picky. I'll repeat again, before the nerf all class can farm them but only war is the best class on making profit out of it. What do u even mean by its not all about profit, u can say that because u dont feel what we are feeling. If everyone cant make a profit from farming then does that mean u should farm to get it? For example, everyone can farm anything but can they farm gold? No right? then how can they buy gold loot gears then? Going back to your comment, u want every jewel farmers to go back when they started earning 100k per 30mins-1hour. I know that u know items in this game is so expensive that costs millions while majority of players cant even make 1m a day while gold loot farmers makes millions a day. The point of the update for me is to be independent on everything which will result for gold to not circulate from players to players, that will be a positive thing to gold loot farmers because u guys are earning the gold but wont buy anything to others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nu.exe View Post
    Farm it themselves? If they have to pay 5k fin elix for 1 weak fin jewel then they have just wasted their time for more expensive jewel. Before nerf u can buy weak fin 2k each directly to some jewel farmers and now they have to farm it themselves paying twice the cost. Just like u said there are more ways of farming but it is not consistent that there is a drop for the item they are farming (elite chest). Gold loot farmers farm 30 mins for 1m while other elite map farmers get 100k for maybe 30 mins to 1 hour. Is that fair? ofcourse not then they are forced to get gold loot too but it will take them months-years farming for a good gear and gold loot gear since most gold loot farmers are picky. I'll repeat again, before the nerf all class can farm them but only war is the best class on making profit out of it. What do u even mean by its not all about profit, u can say that because u dont feel what we are feeling. If everyone cant make a profit from farming then does that mean u should farm to get it? For example, everyone can farm anything but can they farm gold? No right? then how can they buy gold loot gears then? Going back to your comment, u want every jewel farmers to go back when they started earning 100k per 30mins-1hour. I know that u know items in this game is so expensive that costs millions while majority of players cant even make 1m a day while gold loot farmers makes millions a day. The point of the update for me is to be independent on everything which will result for gold to not circulate from players to players, that will be a positive thing to gold loot farmers because u guys are earning the gold but wont buy anything to others.
    And also it's not hard to make a warrior lvl66 its just take 1-2days and it's only need night set arm awake and glint aegist or just glint and run tindrid while gold loot cost 2-3× price of Jewel farm gear and most important in Jewel farming no one will call you nab aghh

I'll already accept the fact that Jewel farm dead

Hahaha I'm just angry cuz today someone call me nab hahaha then leave

Sent from my RMX1911 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

When system was first implemented the whole community cried out loud, it only became better cos of aegis glint and jewel elixirs, now price of jewels is going to increase like it was at the begining, 500k for a fortified. Price on jewels was fine it was really hard to go over noble quality and now is going to be impossible. There was no greed in jewel prices, it wasn't easy to get them. I rarely farmed them lately because I get a much better profit farming valley gates but I was hoping I would eventually get over full noble in another year even though the improvement versus cost is just not worth it. You are killing the system sts, in a few months everyone will be complaining cos the system was nuts to start with, there was a post when the system started of how many jewels u need for a noble and now noble has another 2 levels above it, it will take more kills to get full gear precise ewel than the amount of pve kills top players have in total.
    Last edited by Hellsunk; 06-22-2020 at 06:24 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hellsunk For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Moved to suggestions and feedback. Thank you so much for the feedback, and definitely keep it coming.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trolzerkeinstein View Post

What do you mean by “already expensive jewels prior to the nerf”, it was so cheap back then and the prices were stable. I am not a Jewel Farmer, I just buy Jewels for my gears but after this update I tried to Jewel farm on my Rogue. The drop rate is incredibly low and is not worth any F2P player’s time. I am above average (I have 76 arcanes and hidden set) and I was able to clear maps quickly, but even with that the drop rate did not justify the time I spent farming. How do you think average or below average players will feel about this? Before the nerf Jewel Farming and Gold Loot were the 2 biggest ways to make gold. They dwarfed all the other ways that you could make gold. With Jewel Farming there was a constant stream of supply and demand, both the buyers and sellers were happy. Now that it is broken, Gold Loot will dominate. And the Jewels were great because it didn’t contribute to inflation. Now with it gone there will be ppl that farm gold instead of jewels. And you point about other ways of farming gold, it’s pointless when u can just use gold loot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    What do you mean by “already expensive jewels prior to the nerf”, it was so cheap back then and the prices were stable. I am not a Jewel Farmer, I just buy Jewels for my gears but after this update I tried to Jewel farm on my Rogue. The drop rate is incredibly low and is not worth any F2P player’s time. I am above average (I have 76 arcanes and hidden set) and I was able to clear maps quickly, but even with that the drop rate did not justify the time I spent farming. How do you think average or below average players will feel about this? Before the nerf Jewel Farming and Gold Loot were the 2 biggest ways to make gold. They dwarfed all the other ways that you could make gold. With Jewel Farming there was a constant stream of supply and demand, both the buyers and sellers were happy. Now that it is broken, Gold Loot will dominate. And the Jewels were great because it didn’t contribute to inflation. Now with it gone there will be ppl that farm gold instead of jewels. And you point about other ways of farming gold, it’s pointless when u can just use gold loot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still is after said it would be fixed so much worse

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

One of the reasons why jewels went up is because of gl farm and lots of events. It is far more profitable to run the gl maps than farm jewels..less people farming jewels leads to less supply. Demand increases and so do prices. The so called ‘fix’ by sts has compounded the problem and if you check CS it is reflected there. Also, quite simply, the easier it is to get gold the more prices will go up ..it’s simple economics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

"jewel farm appreciation post"

I started jewel farming this quarantine. logged in with around 250-300 GL. and it was really a "hack & slash" game where there is no real strategy or anticipation in DM or gates(if u are a warrior). struggled to get skull aegis(50m at that time vs. 65-80m axe). sold some of my GL gear to get one(just to feel "not nab"). so aegis gave me some opportunities in evg, dm, maus(toxic players leave on the sight of my wep). so I wanted to play not being judged by other players. so I got on my old friend YT. and searched how to get gold in arcane legends. all showed pretty basic/boring stuff you should do non-stop. then I saw jewel farming and it was love at first sight. the complexity, the art, the beauty, the satisfaction, the patience, the anticipation, strategy, and technique of waiting for the dmg debuff, executing procs, bashing health potions, and ms hotbar ready when curse warning is on sight. I just loved it man, at 1st I would get 25-30 weaks. and played more and more, it was never boring man! so I thought about techniques and info i got from players. skull axe+glint then skull aegis+glint magma in between it was the main ingredient in getting 60-80 weaks. and thought what could make this better
    its "MS GEAR" so i continued to farm what i got in total at the time for gears are 75m+50m+15m(axe,aegis,glint). then worked my way slowly to ms gear. played non-stop bought 30ms armor(7-8m), helm 25%m(7-8m), 18%ms belt (1.5m), nox set(18%ms each) 7.5m each, and alacrty arti 25%ms(40m) FYI the DEX based arti is for dodge boost and low DMG output if anyone is wondering and it really helps in crypt. so you do the math? it was great stuff my time and investments finally payed off but there was still a problem. no matter how OP my ms or my weps or procs were, I would always die time by time. I farmed deaths at the same time. so I bought 6.5m each lvl 76 end set with 15%armor. 7% drag ring(1.5m). also was able to buy arc werewiger for ms to boost my jewel production. so now what hurts is after all that. after my dedication to perfect my art. the "exploit" bomb came, maybe were getting 100 weaks per elix. but at what cost? 250+m(plus buy/sell of testing other weps/gears). now if you still dont understand my frustration I'm sorry. maybe you would never get it. it also hurts seeing a comment from a dev stating "I have no remorse for exploiters". but I came into a realization because of these updates. of how stupid i was to waste/invest my time to something so meaningless while I could've done something more productive with my life(quarantine is not an excuse). I can say now I'm slowly letting go of my addiction to this game. Never wish what I felt to be felt by any other player don't farm with ignorance. if you gain then you are doing something wrong. just like in the casino. the house always wins. thank you for a good quarantine time. it was fun and satisfying until it last. GLHV ya'll!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I don't like the diminishing effectiveness of jewel elixirs when fighting enemies below your current level. I'm ok with jewel elixirs not working when fighting enemies more than 5 levels below you, I'm just not a fan of its effectiveness diminishing within that 5 level gap. I find it more fun to farm Festerfang with jewel elixirs than Hauntlet, but Hauntlet is more efficient than Festerfang because the enemies are at your level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Claybear View Post
    "jewel farm appreciation post"

I started jewel farming this quarantine. logged in with around 250-300 GL. and it was really a "hack & slash" game where there is no real strategy or anticipation in DM or gates(if u are a warrior). struggled to get skull aegis(50m at that time vs. 65-80m axe). sold some of my GL gear to get one(just to feel "not nab"). so aegis gave me some opportunities in evg, dm, maus(toxic players leave on the sight of my wep). so I wanted to play not being judged by other players. so I got on my old friend YT. and searched how to get gold in arcane legends. all showed pretty basic/boring stuff you should do non-stop. then I saw jewel farming and it was love at first sight. the complexity, the art, the beauty, the satisfaction, the patience, the anticipation, strategy, and technique of waiting for the dmg debuff, executing procs, bashing health potions, and ms hotbar ready when curse warning is on sight. I just loved it man, at 1st I would get 25-30 weaks. and played more and more, it was never boring man! so I thought about techniques and info i got from players. skull axe+glint then skull aegis+glint magma in between it was the main ingredient in getting 60-80 weaks. and thought what could make this better
    its "MS GEAR" so i continued to farm what i got in total at the time for gears are 75m+50m+15m(axe,aegis,glint). then worked my way slowly to ms gear. played non-stop bought 30ms armor(7-8m), helm 25%m(7-8m), 18%ms belt (1.5m), nox set(18%ms each) 7.5m each, and alacrty arti 25%ms(40m) FYI the DEX based arti is for dodge boost and low DMG output if anyone is wondering and it really helps in crypt. so you do the math? it was great stuff my time and investments finally payed off but there was still a problem. no matter how OP my ms or my weps or procs were, I would always die time by time. I farmed deaths at the same time. so I bought 6.5m each lvl 76 end set with 15%armor. 7% drag ring(1.5m). also was able to buy arc werewiger for ms to boost my jewel production. so now what hurts is after all that. after my dedication to perfect my art. the "exploit" bomb came, maybe were getting 100 weaks per elix. but at what cost? 250+m(plus buy/sell of testing other weps/gears). now if you still dont understand my frustration I'm sorry. maybe you would never get it. it also hurts seeing a comment from a dev stating "I have no remorse for exploiters". but I came into a realization because of these updates. of how stupid i was to waste/invest my time to something so meaningless while I could've done something more productive with my life(quarantine is not an excuse). I can say now I'm slowly letting go of my addiction to this game. Never wish what I felt to be felt by any other player don't farm with ignorance. if you gain then you are doing something wrong. just like in the casino. the house always wins. thank you for a good quarantine time. it was fun and satisfying until it last. GLHV ya'll!
    I'm also the same as u bro, I invested in jewel farm more than gold loot farm not knowing they will kill it like that. I have the gold to go back a little in gold loot farm but I've lost interest to the game like what u said that even the devs says they dont care about us jewel farmers. And now they even confirm that jewel drops even if u dont kill mobs (somebody did) much as well still telling jewel farmers that they dont need us for that work, maybe botters are happier than everyone and they get away with it because they will never get banned. Well ranting about this in forums wont give us anything anyway since devs will never bring it back but it is good to let it off on our chest.
    About devs saying "exploit" was it really our fault for having the intelligence for using that dmg reduction orb that sts made from mauso witches? Like why did they pin the blame on us and now that it is dead they dont have a single sympathy. They are focusing on the current players which most are gold loot farmers, idk anymore what will happen to the game but anyway it's been a great ran for the past 3 months and i have no regret coming back to the game even tho my main got banned I still got my feet back thanks to easter event but now it is really time for me to let go and move on. Thank u guys and goodluck sts and hoping u guys will know the consequences of your updates.
    Still thanks to everything been great to at least came back to the game for 3 months and enjoyed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

After the last change the problem still persist, it's 10 times harder to get Jewels when it should be easier so we can increase the level of our jewels one idea I propose is to remove cracked from the loot with elixirs and get more weaks and standard.

We could also just leave the farming as it was before and remove the dmg nerf enemies apply on elite maus if that was a problem.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hellsunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I feel even if we somehow figure out a proper way to jewel farm with the current version, STS will nerf again xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Agree the jewel economy is dead, forget selling fin elix for 16k, u can't even get a standard fin crafted. No one is going to buy any jewel lixes. I spent 1 hour with lixes and made 1 standard. This is crazy. Jewel prices will steadily rise and no one can even buy any jewels let alone craft them themselves. What really hurts is that sts doesn't care even tho there are many threads about how much we invested in gold to farm jewels. Luckily I have jewels from my tank cause i'll never be able to craft jewels the way the system is now. You would think that they would care but no such luck. No one was exploiting the system, I didn't see any complaints either about jewel prices so out of the blue u ruin the jewel economy. What's next get rid of gl gear so they don't work and say they exploiting the system?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crystalwiz For This Useful Post: