Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New jewel farming system, ideas, toughts..what to change and what to keep

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Exclamation New jewel farming system, ideas, toughts..what to change and what to keep

Ok first of all for me was wrong changing jewel farming saying "fixing exploit". Actually players, for several years only found a way to maximize the jewel farm, trough your system, that you decided.
    The way it was made, for like 3 years made the price of jewels fixed, almost all the same trough years, balanced and accessible for all kind of players:
    -the poor players could afford fortified/excellent tier jewel
    -the average players could afford a superb/noble tier jewel
    -the richest players the precise tier jewel.
    I think this was the right way jewel economy had to work.

That said, I'm not against new changes but there are few problems needs to be adjusted to make this new farming worth, without destroying jewel economy. I think the biggest mistake for this change is that you destroied a way for players to make gold, infact, when you introduced gold loot farm, jewel farming was the last alternative for average players to make gold during daily farming (not considering events).

In my opinion it's fine the way it is: dropping jewels elixir from endgame bosses and fine aswell you doubled its duration (extended to 30 mins).
    It is also fine that you can drop jewels from mobs and bosses based on your level and awarded jewel by killing an enemy.
    If I checked well you can now drop jewels from:
    Deepmarsh
    Mogera lair
    Valley gates and its elite portals
    Elite krypt (mausoleum)
    Hauntlet
    The problem is that chance is extremely low, almost inexistent I would say..

Consider that we can only drop cracked, damaged and weak jewels, which from water (the cheapest) to finesse (the most expensive) the max we can get is roughly 1k gold (weak finesse).
    Now is this new change a way to destroy jewel farming? If no, you should really make some big changes, here my idea:
    Scale every 5 levels the tier of jewels you can drop from mobs/bosses:

71-76 fortified jewel (and its lower jewels)
    66-70 standard jewels (and its lower jewels)
    56-65 weak jewels (and its lower jewels)
    41-55 cracked and damaged jewels (and its lower jewels)

Make the drop chance rarer as the jewel worth more but in my opinion, as it is right now, jewel drop rate must be increased so so much.

Comments and toughts Arlor..give here your ideas to implement jewel farming system or correct anything if im wrong!
    P.s. I m not a jewel farmer so its nothing would benefit me, just I think this is something should be changed
    P.s 2: condelence to glint aegis owners lol

Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Willl; 06-20-2020 at 08:34 AM.