Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shame on you StS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

i think the point Spooky is trying to make is..this person is openly running a scam and no one is doing anything about it..

if its successful or not should not matter, its still a scam . and they should be punished for it

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MiruZetu View Post
    Yeah i understand u
    Remember that sts dont make lb vanity 1b or anything. Ppl themselves make it 1b
    Sts gold cap 99m we all knows
    Its complex as u said sell multiple items in same price like that stuff
    Ppl buy from town also n there is no chance of ppl getting ripoff op prices..
    It work well in rules of Oblivion bcoz ppl cant do individual trade its from market only so they cap selling system like that work.. but in al i hope sts came up with a good strategy to tackle this problem!

I got scammed twice n bought items in op price twice.. so i know how bad it feel. I quit for 3 months also bcoz of that

I hope sts do something

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk
    There’s value to what u say, maybe I overthink and it could work in some way, idk
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah, I'm agree with you, Spooked. Besides, I'm agree to have a system that set a minimum and maximum for each item. There is a game who had this system, Light of Thel if I'm not mistaken, which I think it is good to stop this kind of scam.

Yes, it is fault for someone not to check the price before buying the items. But, did we have to back up these scammers/manipulator and let another players to been scammed in future? It is wrong for Spooked to speak out this matter?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Lol, if there any max or min price for an item, thats no cool. U blamming other for being put elite awaken gem for 20mil in auction, the only one i ask, why you cant see it ? Or if you buy it on accident because of rush, why u rushing it bro, u can buy slowly, it seems u being greedy by rushing buy for all that cheap

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    As the title says.
    There is no excuse for allowing this, and no argument to defend this.
    People being banned for sharing their acc with E.G their friend, but people abusing the auction house to scam tens of millions and often peoples entire net worth in 1 second is okay?
    Instead of protecting your own wallet, look out for the community on instances like these.
    On the screenshot below you can see what 1 successful scam can spark.
    People see dmthfckr (name shaming? No, in this instance i disregard that) successfully get 20m for one gem and think, hmm thats easy money! i should do this too.
    This is how community's slowly fall into the abyss, and get infested with people only out to harm or abuse eachother.
    To the people who play Growtopia, you know what i mean.
    Remiem's community PSA was a wonderful call to the community to look out for eachother, but what we need in this situation is StS to look out for us.

Attachment 193140
    Solution to this is if you ignore someone you cant see the items they list in auc.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aegislegend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Thats not true! U can still their items in auc even if u put them in ignore list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MiruZetu View Post
    Thats not true! U can still their items in auc even if u put them in ignore list

What I mean is this is the solution sts should make..

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Learn to read and sort.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Just highlight what guild he's in and blacklist it, things like this have come to a point so far that its infuriating...
    2 points can be made from this post.
    -If you're going to put all the blame on the buyer then you would fall under the pretense "if you can't beat them, join them"
    -If you do not support this, and dev seems to not do anything about it, best thing you can do is simply raise awareness, giving overall hate to the person intentionally exploiting this loophole derails the point of having a community that is able to behave, rationally and actively.
    I wouldn't want to put people on a box, but certainly if I've been taught smth about life is that you have reputations to live up to.
    -Reputation of yourself as an individual
    -Reputation of your family who have raised you
    -Reputation of the education you were put in
    -Reputation of the community you take part in
    just my 2 cents

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xsilentninjax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Theres a solution, the stash. Just carry as much gold with you as u need and u cant get scammed for more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So basically sts should ban everybody for selling somthing for how much they want to, if u dont like it. So i demaned to ban all people, who dont give stuff for free!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

At least, he speak up this matter. Besides, the developer could think the solution to tackle the solution and we tried to give possible suggestions and constructive arguments.

I think this way is better than people who defend these scammers, openly abuse people without limitation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    As the title says.
    There is no excuse for allowing this, and no argument to defend this.
    People being banned for sharing their acc with E.G their friend, but people abusing the auction house to scam tens of millions and often peoples entire net worth in 1 second is okay?
    Instead of protecting your own wallet, look out for the community on instances like these.
    On the screenshot below you can see what 1 successful scam can spark.
    People see dmthfckr (name shaming? No, in this instance i disregard that) successfully get 20m for one gem and think, hmm thats easy money! i should do this too.
    This is how community's slowly fall into the abyss, and get infested with people only out to harm or abuse eachother.
    To the people who play Growtopia, you know what i mean.
    Remiem's community PSA was a wonderful call to the community to look out for eachother, but what we need in this situation is StS to look out for us.

Attachment 193140
    Honestly bro you shouldn’t be blaming sts for this..just imagine a system where you can only sell by what sts value the items by minimum amount?

Yeah...I will see you posting about them controlling what they want you selling items for. I just don’t understand you guys complain about a lot of stuff before you actually think about posting. It’s not hard to check before you buy something you really need to slow it down fam before they ban you and if checking on something before purchasing is that hard I honestly don’t think you should embarrass your self like this lol...

The man is literally selling for what he want..isn’t that the whole point of the auction to post for prices you want to sell your items for?

Smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedyns1 View Post
    So basically sts should ban everybody for selling somthing for how much they want to, if u dont like it. So i demaned to ban all people, who dont give stuff for free!!!!
    I think you didnt fully grasp the post.
    There is a huge difference between someone wanting to sell something for their own price, and someone openly running a scam tricking multiple players in losing all their gold and then proceeding to taunt them since StS wont do shet anyways.
    "So i demaned to ban all people, who dont give stuff for free!!!"
    What is that for weak attempt at an analogy?
    Next time think before you post, and actually invest in the topic instead of jumping on the bandwagon.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

And yes, a regulated market wouldnt be great. Takes away one of AL's key components to being original.
    But this does not mean others should be able to take advantage of the free market for their personal gain.
    A punishment can bet set on people who do this on the regular, and foremost people who go as far as to clown on people they scammed.
    Its a moral highground you only break when you either scam yourself, or feel no empathy for others -which is problematic-
    A free market is great, But in no way should it be condoned to trick others into paying 20m for an awakening gem, regardless of the clumsiness.
    I totally agree with the arguments against the buyer, yes they should be more careful, but does this mean its okay for people to scam? Because theyre" cunning"?
    A scam is a scam, thats what it all boils down to
    Ask yourself this: if this happens to you, would you respond the same?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Scam ? They only listing items for the price they want, it is up to you to buy it with that price or skip it dude,

Btw, list item by cheaper to highest price even in many pcs (bulk) still not showing 1 pc elite awaken for 20mil in top

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

U can try by listing use price/stack or price/unit and the 20mil one not showing up at the top,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

I still think the best solution/punishment for that is to don't see ignore people in cs, they would think twice before doing something like that, imagine on the long run how hard it would be for them to sell stuff.

And maybe make an option to toggle on and off this feature.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

THE ONLY SOLUTION U ALL WANTED IS "CONFIRM GOLD PURCHASES" like the "Confirm Platinum Purchases" on setting

But u cant rush buying item u all wanted, HAHAHAHA

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ndrakolor View Post
    U can try by listing use price/stack or price/unit and the 20mil one not showing up at the top,

People falling for it are people that buy in bulk&quickly. When normal priced gems run out, the overpriced-scamish ones will show up, and those unsuspecting players which might be tired or stressed end up buying them as well.

Best solution should just be to ban them.
    STS should protect it's player base more, not only when it's convenient for them ( these situations of no action against these scammers are making people including me believe this ), instead of letting scammers like this roam around. If they aren't breaking any rules right now, STS should just introduce new rules that ban auction scamming.