Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shame on you StS

  1. #1
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    With the cows in eastern holland
    Posts
    672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    232
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default Shame on you StS

    As the title says.
    There is no excuse for allowing this, and no argument to defend this.
    People being banned for sharing their acc with E.G their friend, but people abusing the auction house to scam tens of millions and often peoples entire net worth in 1 second is okay?
    Instead of protecting your own wallet, look out for the community on instances like these.
    On the screenshot below you can see what 1 successful scam can spark.
    People see dmthfckr (name shaming? No, in this instance i disregard that) successfully get 20m for one gem and think, hmm thats easy money! i should do this too.
    This is how community's slowly fall into the abyss, and get infested with people only out to harm or abuse eachother.
    To the people who play Growtopia, you know what i mean.
    Remiem's community PSA was a wonderful call to the community to look out for eachother, but what we need in this situation is StS to look out for us.

    Name:  EC4D5E23-6746-4B91-A2B1-2D2C3C8A2A90.jpeg
Views: 586
Size:  307.3 KB

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    As the title says.
    There is no excuse for allowing this, and no argument to defend this.
    People being banned for sharing their acc with E.G their friend, but people abusing the auction house to scam tens of millions and often peoples entire net worth in 1 second is okay?
    Instead of protecting your own wallet, look out for the community on instances like these.
    On the screenshot below you can see what 1 successful scam can spark.
    People see dmthfckr (name shaming? No, in this instance i disregard that) successfully get 20m for one gem and think, hmm thats easy money! i should do this too.
    This is how community's slowly fall into the abyss, and get infested with people only out to harm or abuse eachother.
    To the people who play Growtopia, you know what i mean.
    Remiem's community PSA was a wonderful call to the community to look out for eachother, but what we need in this situation is StS to look out for us.

    Name:  EC4D5E23-6746-4B91-A2B1-2D2C3C8A2A90.jpeg
Views: 586
Size:  307.3 KB
    Im not sure i understand...? If you spend 20m on a single awakening gem, you're an idiot. If you put 3 in the auction for 20m each, they likely wouldnt sell, making you also an idiot...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xudo For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Forum Adept Eagleye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    7ThCircle
    Posts
    488
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    312
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    156
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

    Default

    There is really no way this is fixable unless sts put fixed price maximums on every single item in the game and at that point the auction would be pointless. I’ve been playing this game on and off since the beginning and I’ve never once “accidentally” bought something that was so ridiculously overpriced it broke my bank. It really comes down to making sure you know what you’re purchasing before you hit that accept button. Accidents happen sure, but that’s nobody’s fault except those who don’t triple check each and every time before they buy something threw the AH.
    Last edited by Eagleye; 06-21-2020 at 01:54 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    There is really no way this is fixable unless sts put fixed price maximums on every single item in the game and at that point the auction would be pointless. I’ve been playing this game on and off since the beginning and I’ve never once “accidentally” bought something that was so ridiculously overpriced it broke my bank. It really comes down to making sure you know what you’re purchasing before you hit that accept button. Accidents happen sure, but that’s nobody’s fault except those who don’t triple check each and every time before they buy something threw the AH.
    Exactly. Just watch what youre doing rather than whine to sts about fixing it

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xudo For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xudo View Post
    Exactly. Just watch what youre doing rather than whine to sts about fixing it

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The prob is that it is mostly the same person that commits these acts.
    Simply by dealing with the few select people that do this would sort out this problem.

  10. #6
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    With the cows in eastern holland
    Posts
    672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    232
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xudo View Post
    Im not sure i understand...? If you spend 20m on a single awakening gem, you're an idiot. If you put 3 in the auction for 20m each, they likely wouldnt sell, making you also an idiot...

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, those “idiots” are definitely buying those gems on purpose sherlock.

  11. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Yes, those “idiots” are definitely buying those gems on purpose sherlock.
    So check what you're buying. Don't confirm until you're sure. If you buy it, it's your fault

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xudo For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    324
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xTRICKEDx View Post
    The prob is that it is mostly the same person that commits these acts.
    Simply by dealing with the few select people that do this would sort out this problem.
    you have a point there but people still have to watch what they are doing and make sure they buy the product for the good price and quantity

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  14. #9
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    With the cows in eastern holland
    Posts
    672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    232
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    There is no way to “fix” this.
    The only way people stop doing this is when there is a punishment set on it.
    “People who buy it are just stupid”
    Okay, i’d bet my left nut that when this or something similar happens to you, you would not be shouting the same chant.
    Selfishness emits from people who blame this fully on the buyer.
    I agree, buyer should always check, but when these things are so easily manipulated there is no way this is only the buyers fault.



    Also id like to add im NOT a victim of this, yet i do find it important other players arent screwed over by shenanigans like these.
    Last edited by Spooked; 06-21-2020 at 03:09 PM.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    There is no way to “fix” this.
    The only way people stop doing this is when there is a punishment set on it.
    “People who buy it are just stupid”
    Okay, i’d bet my left nut that when this or something similar happens to you, you would not be shouting the same chant.
    Selfishness emits from people who blame this fully on the buyer.
    I agree, buyer should always check, but when these things are so easily manipulated there is no way this is only the buyers fault.



    Also id like to add im NOT a victim of this, yet i do find it important other players arent screwed over by shenanigans like these.
    Well sts cant exactly regulate the economy which would have a lot of its own issues

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Xudo For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    324
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xudo View Post
    Well sts cant exactly regulate the economy which would have a lot of its own issues

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    yes and there are also no official prices by sts for each item. sts has nothing to do with it and cannot ban someone just for listing items overpriced. when it comes to scams, especially in this game the buyer confirms he wants the items and is responsible for his own purchase

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to picklewickles For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    41
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Caveat emptor

    Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

  21. #13
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    324
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmothra View Post
    Caveat emptor

    Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk
    yes he is totally right, most people expect to get the most amount from the most expansive item but that isn't true if you sort by quantity you get the most of the item with the cheapest unit price

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  22. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

    Default

    When people are Bulk Buying , They press those "small buttons" while they sre quickly doing it and buy the 20m Gem by mistake.

    If this guy did this once by mistake it would have been okay. But no this guy is intentionally doing this. With same ign and also insulting people who makes posts about him and laughing. Not only this , he is spreading a lot of hate and people have started doing the same thing he does as they think "Why not , No one can do anything."

    I know people should be careful but i don't think toxicity and indirectly scamming people should be allowed like this too. Just my opinion.

    *Final decision is always in the hands of STS. As mentioned by Devs in previous locked posts about this person. STS cares about us, and if someone emails them and tells what all is happening , Maybe they can take an action. Making posts here doesn't help but incite Drama.*

    ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Prabsimar Chhabra For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Forum Adept Roycedamagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    I understand that this is a serious problem considering the fact that the same individuals have been repetitively doing this. But you have to understand that this is very similar to reporting a scammer that managed to flick your gold nekro and logged off. It's useless. Scamming is something that happens when one party is cunning and the other is ignorant. You can't just blame the dude for listing it in cs, you need to blame yourself for buying it. It's not like you instantly buy an item after tapping purchase. There's an additional "Purchase Item" box that pops up. In simpler words, the guy that listed it is a numbnut and the guy that bought it is an even bigger one.
    As for this case, since it's evident that this Dmrthfckr dude has been pulling this stunt for a long while, I believe STS should definitely give him a warning or a shadow ban. And this is simply because of the fact that there's ample evidences to support the cases of the "scammed" people.
    Apart from that, you're at fault as much as he is. This is not up for argument. Truth will hurt, sorry.

  25. #16
    Senior Member Susanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    580
    Thanked in
    326 Posts

    Default

    I agree with Roycedamagnet. Also another thing people could consider, don't go shopping with too much gold in your inventory?

  26. #17
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    With the cows in eastern holland
    Posts
    672
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    232
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    Listing an item to deliberately make off with 20m isnt very cunning if you ask me.
    Good point susanne, but it all boils down to the fact this person scams and talks down on the people he scams.
    No matter whose fault it is, this cant be justified in any way.
    I suppose we can turn a blind to this and hereby only encourage this behaviour, but it wont affect the community positively.
    I’ll sit back and wait for a tidal wave of auction scammers.
    Feels like yesterday we had the lepre to amulet of doom & lunar pendant trade switchers.

  27. #18
    Senior Member MiruZetu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    725
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

    Default

    I used to play rules of Oblivion
    In there market prices were fix like u can list item 50% lower or 50% higher than market price.. n if there is no items in market to determine price.. its will b same price as previously last sold price.. i wish sts bring this system in al also.. bcoz these days ppl dont come in town n shout for 3-5hrs to buy one items.. they just buy from auction and mistake happen n there r lots of clumsy ppl out there not 1 or 2 so..
    Ik that its a legally scamming but it can b fix. Not all ppl care about others they only wanna scam scam scam.. legally or illegally... Scamming makes games more bad than anything!!

    I want this system to b added on al so ppl can determine true price.. n price dont rise n drop fastly..

  28. #19
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cobear Nation
    Posts
    500
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,518
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    423
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiruZetu View Post
    I used to play rules of Oblivion
    In there market prices were fix like u can list item 50% lower or 50% higher than market price.. n if there is no items in market to determine price.. its will b same price as previously last sold price.. i wish sts bring this system in al also.. bcoz these days ppl dont come in town n shout for 3-5hrs to buy one items.. they just buy from auction and mistake happen n there r lots of clumsy ppl out there not 1 or 2 so..
    Ik that its a legally scamming but it can b fix. Not all ppl care about others they only wanna scam scam scam.. legally or illegally... Scamming makes games more bad than anything!!

    I want this system to b added on al so ppl can determine true price.. n price dont rise n drop fastly..
    At first this sounds awesome, but then I think of problems with it.
    Who knows how many hundreds/thousands of items that could be sold in ah, and how much bandwidth it may take up to keep this?
    What if the cost of having this info stored and up kept was additional lag for everyone, not just the one who needs to pay attention when purchasing.

    What about lb items that took multiple trade windows to complete? How can a program sort all that out ?

    The value of what X amount of gold can buy changes sometimes rapidly, I don’t see the oblivion model working well, & not being exploitive by making a dummy acc and moving gold around to change the last price of an item.
    Sounds good on paper tho
    \m/,_______( >. < ‘ )_________,\m/
    Igns- Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue
    Hc xsuex

  29. #20
    Senior Member MiruZetu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    725
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

    Default

    Yeah i understand u
    Remember that sts dont make lb vanity 1b or anything. Ppl themselves make it 1b
    Sts gold cap 99m we all knows
    Its complex as u said sell multiple items in same price like that stuff
    Ppl buy from town also n there is no chance of ppl getting ripoff op prices..
    It work well in rules of Oblivion bcoz ppl cant do individual trade its from market only so they cap selling system like that work.. but in al i hope sts came up with a good strategy to tackle this problem!

    I got scammed twice n bought items in op price twice.. so i know how bad it feel. I quit for 3 months also bcoz of that

    I hope sts do something

    Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2/2 shame on u
    By hannahzgul darkrider in forum DL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2018, 05:24 PM
  2. Shame shame shame
    By hannahzgul darkrider in forum DL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2018, 05:19 PM
  3. Shame
    By Dragoonclaws in forum SL General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 07:48 PM
  4. Wall of shame!
    By Beanipea in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM
  5. Shame on you Impawlixxx
    By Blind in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 11:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •