Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Guild Tax, Guild Bank, Guild Level-up Mechanic, and Guild Skills" Suggestion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default "Guild Tax, Guild Bank, Guild Level-up Mechanic, and Guild Skills" Suggestion

Hello,

I'll keep it as simple and brief since I know a lot have already been said about this (or not...), but hear me out, I'll try to link each idea to one another:

Definition:

1. Guild Level-up Mechanic is the ability to level-up a guild to acquire specific Guild Skills.
    2. Guild Skills are passive/active buffs and NPC's that will become available once the guild level requirement is met.
    3. Guild Tax is a member's contribution of his/her XP per monster kill to the Guild XP.
    4. Guild Bank is an NPC in the Guild Hall that functions similar to CS (will expound).

Rationale

The idea is to foster guild spirit by creating a goal that can be best achieved by a collective

Mechanic
    *Please note that the figures and skills that will be suggested are only examples and are there to support the skeleton of the idea

On Guild Level-up Mechanic...

Tier-3 guilds have the ability to level-up their guild up to 30. It is similar to a toon's level-up system, below are the XP required to level up:

Level 0: 10,000 Level 11: 200,000 Level 21: 600,000
    Level 1: 15,000 Level 12: 220,000 Level 22: 700,000
    Level 2: 20,000 Level 13: 230,000 Level 23: 800,000
    Level 3: 30,000 Level 14: 240,000 Level 24: 900,000
    Level 4: 40,000 Level 15: 260,000 Level 25: 1,000,000
    Level 5: 50,000 Level 16: 280,000 Level 26: 1,200,000
    Level 6: 60,000 Level 17: 300,000 Level 27: 1,400,000
    Level 7: 70,000 Level 18: 330,000 Level 28: 1,600,000
    Level 8: 80,000 Level 19: 350,000 Level 29: 1,800,000
    Level 9: 90,000 Level 20: 400,000 Level 30: 2,000,000
    Level 10: 100,000

On Guild Skills...

Every 5 guild levels, there will be corresponding guild skills that will be learned, below are the guild skills:

Level 5: Summon/Teleport members! Skill (Actie, must be in the same instance), PVE Only
    If there are multiple members in a dungeon or towne in an instance, they can summon each other instantaneously next to each
    other. This is to allow co guildies to catch up in an already running game, or, save him/her from tight spots. Cool down of 5 minutes.

Level 10: Overcharge NPC! Skill (NPC)
    Once this skill is learned, a new NPC will appear beside the discounted potions NPC in the Guild Hall. By talking to this new NPC, you can liquidate
    your loots on a slightly higher rate compared to if you liquidate from the menu screen.

Level 15: Dynamic Duo! Skill (Passive), PVE Only, Possibly CTF?
    If two members are within 8m radius from one another in a dungeon, they will have the fastest run speed. Once the skill is passively activated, the
    effect will be broken when the other member dies, leaves the game, or goes out of the 8m. Once broken, the skill will not be re-activated until a new
    game is made. You will know which member is linked with another member via a light blinking line connecting the two.

**Scaled Guild Level Bonus: Level 17: Guild Bank NPC (Will expound)
    A mysterious journeyman is looking for worthy guilds that have promoted significant camaraderie to reach this far. He will be found near the Guild Stash to aid the serious group of players in their journey to awesomeness (LOL!).

Level 20: Officer's Morale Booster! Skill (Active), PVE Only
    Any guild member within 12m radius from the Officer will have +20 h/s and +20 m/s. Once activated, the skills lasts until the officer leaves the
    dungeon or the dungeon is cleared. If the Officer dies, the skill will still be in effect. There is a 5 minute cool down before an Officer can use the skill again. The buff doesn't affect fellow Officers.

Level 25: Guild Master's War Cry! Skill (Active), PVE Only
    Any guild member within 12m radius from the Guild Master in any dungeon (PVE), will automatically receive 10% increase in their INT,DEX, and
    STR. (Will not activate if member is using any elixir, this skill stacks with existing buffs). Once activated, the skill lasts until the GM leaves the
    dungeon or the dungeon is cleared. If the GM dies, the skill will still be in effect. Whenever the GM's HP goes down to below 50%, the increase in buff rises from 10% to 15%, will revert back to 10% when HP goes back up to more than 50%. There is a 5 minute cool down before a GM can use this skill again. The buff doesn't affect the GM.

Level 30: Perpetual Solidarity! Skill (Passive), PVE Only
    If the guild has more than 50% of their members online, all members will receive a passive buff: +50 armor

On the Guild Tax...

Each member will have the option to contribute portion of their XP to the Guild's XP in order to level-up the guild. Each member can adjust the level of their contribution from 0% up to 100% of their XP. For example, if a player chooses to contribute 50% of his XP, then if he kills a monster that gives 1xp, 0.5 goes to his personal XP meter, and 0.5 goes to the guild's xp meter. Likewise, if a player chooses 0%, if he kills the same monster, he gets 1xp and nothing goes to the guild xp. A capped character automatically contributes 100% of the xp he is supposed to get to the guild xp.

The rate of contribution (0%-100%) will appear below the names of each guild member in the Guild List. The Guild XP meter (and numerical) will appear below the Guild Master's name.

On Guild Bank...

A guild bank is an NPC that functions similar to CS (Since this is my thread, I'll call this NPC, Bogart, the mysterious journeyman! LOL). So Bogart is the NPC guild bank. All members can list their items there. Unlike Artie, Bogart doesn't require guild members to purchase Guild Bank slots, it's ulimited, which means you can post all your trash pinks to Bogart. In addition, there will be no listing fees if you list it under Bogart, and the duration can be as short as 3 hours up to 1month. It's basically a bazaar. However, there is a little story behind it, Bogart is Artie's friend, they attended the same school of merchanting, Artie wanted to help the entire populace of Alterra while Bogart, being the more picky of the two, only specializes on guilds who have showed enough dedication. And so, the two merchant gurus constantly talk to each other to share their experiences, which also means Bogart knows the prices in CS at all times. Since Bogart is aware of the prices, he purposely lowered his conditions compared to Artie in exchange for one thing...that a guild member cannot dictate the price of his posts under him. Bogart will compute it and automatically adjust it based on the the current CS prices of that particular item. To be more specific, Bogart, being the guild bank, will always list the items 50% lower than the lowest in CS for the last 48hours. Apparently, underneath his shadowy persona lies a good Samaritan who wants to help those who wants to be helped based in their actions. The proceeds of the sale can be redeemed by the guild member who posted it later on after Bogart sold them to the young aspiring buck in the guild. (Anyway, I know this is not the best suggestion out there, but overall, my opinion is that there should be a guild bank where the mechanic works for itself, less player interaction, to avoid politics, guild drama, begging, and to promote in-game entrepreneurship as well ^_^).

There you go, I'm sorry if these things have already been suggested in the past. Feel free to approve, quash, trim down, mutate, interpret, or ignore this idea . All in all, I wish to see more guild related improvements in PL . Thank you.

PS: Guild WarS!!!...also edited Summon Skill
    Last edited by zeusabe; 02-12-2012 at 10:47 PM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Awesome! These ideas are out of this world! These are even better than suggestions, they are almost like... Things that must happen!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I like a majority of this except the summoning option. I could see a few players getting mad if... lets say they are leveling up, and they are about to kill this boss that they have been trying to defeat for awhile. All of the sudden... *poof* they're in the guild hall, the boss' death wasn't counted, and they had not confirmed that they wanted to be summoned (and if they could confirm it then it might as well be an invite.) The rest of it though would be nice, I myself would love to see an upgrade added within the guild system.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thasaint View Post
    I like a majority of this except the summoning option. I could see a few players getting mad if... lets say they are leveling up, and they are about to kill this boss that they have been trying to defeat for awhile. All of the sudden... *poof* they're in the guild hall, the boss' death wasn't counted, and they had not confirmed that they wanted to be summoned (and if they could confirm it then it might as well be an invite.) The rest of it though would be nice, I myself would love to see an upgrade added within the guild system.
    You're correct LOL, I realized that a couple of seconds after my last edit of the post, maybe the summon should be limited to the Guild Master only? Based on my experience, whenever there is a spot-on guild meeting, it takes a while for everyone to get to the guild hall and assemble because they have to do one of several things: Loading time of the Speed Travel to Belefort Towne, the walk (relatively short...) from spawn area to guild hall portal, then finally the walk to wherever the Guild Master is in the guild hall. This could save some time since, like you said, it's a single "poof" LOL. This is assuming the Guild Master is responsible and sensitive to his members, not to mention, great timing, cuz there really are times that most of your guildies are just hanging around doing some housekeeping stuff like liquidating or appreciating the awesome vanities he's wearing LOL!. But yea, if this skill falls in the wrong hands, it can piss off members. Thanks for pointing that out When I was imagining this skill, I was sorta thinking it as a teleport skill that each co-members can abuse. For instance, if a member is near death and about to get KO'd by Baron, a member in that dungeon further from Baron can summon that player away from harm's way...something like that...too out of the box I know LOL...but like said, these are just examples, thanks again though
    Last edited by zeusabe; 02-12-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same here. Everything sounds great except for the summoning. Technically you can't keep them from their free will. But can give them different times to come
    Arcanastorm 54 Bird
    CosmosJ 55 Mega Mage (In need of Lv55 MM Bracer)
    Balkyor 15 Bear

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanahasabumrash View Post
    Same here. Everything sounds great except for the summoning. Technically you can't keep them from their free will. But can give them different times to come
    Edited. I hope I somehow cushioned the negative effect of the summoning idea with this new one . Thanks for pointing that out Yeah I agree, the first idea is definitely problematic to say the least...could even cause members to leave the guild LOL, sorry, that one just came out of nowhere, I hope this new one sounds more plausible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

These ideas are awesome!

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love these ideas especially the npc for a guild bank! That's the best way I have seen it presented.

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I think these are some of the best ideas ever discussed on forums! The best one is the teleporting and guild xp meter!

Keep up the good work!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:567355
    Level 5: Summon/Teleport members! Skill (Active, must be in the same instance)
    If there are multiple members in a dungeon or towne in an instance, they can summon each other instantaneously next to each other. This is to allow co guildies to catch up in an already running game, or, save him/her from tight spots. Cool down of 5 minutes.
    i think that summoning a copy of that player to aid in combat would be more effective because what if the other person doesn't want to teleport

EDIT: Fail! I realize now nvrmnd lol!
    Last edited by Jtpup74799; 02-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Pocket Legends ~ Ghasti (Dexbear), Royalbank (Bank Bear)
    Star Legends ~ Ghasti (Engineer), Galacticbank (Bank Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Wouldn't +50 armor just plain kill PvP...? Atleast in lower level stages.
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    Wouldn't +50 armor just plain kill PvP...? Atleast in lower level stages.

Hello, thanks for pointing that out, edited All the Active/Passive guild skills should only be in effect in PVE

PS: I was going to say they can be activated during Guild Wars as well...but that would mean I'd have to lay the basis by explaining/suggesting my idea of a guild war...I hope somebody uses this idea to suggest a guild war mechanic with these skills as a supplementary idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Really cool! I don't Like the bank though... Say I'm feeling generous and I sell my lv 10 tinsel for 80k in guild hall. If no one buys the item, according to what you wrote, the price will be automatically lowered to 50k. I would NEVER give away an item for that low :-/...

Other than this. YAYAYAYAYAY I LOVE IT
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    Really cool! I don't Like the bank though... Say I'm feeling generous and I sell my lv 10 tinsel for 80k in guild hall. If no one buys the item, according to what you wrote, the price will be automatically lowered to 50k. I would NEVER give away an item for that low :-/...

Other than this. YAYAYAYAYAY I LOVE IT
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please implement this STS( or a version of )! This is a great idea to encourage guild development!

-Qazijn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cool idea!!
    i believe in some of the stuff that should happen but not all...

but pretty much picture perfect post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Maybe the xp thing shouldn't be like that more like enemy's killed! So this way each number of enemys killed would count instead of choosing xp because then people would just get powered through a low level racking up xp for the whole guild >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great suggestions.., i completely agree with the guild level and tax.. its a good way to foster guild spirit..

Rydester lvl 66 Mage proud member of Pinoy Allstars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wouldn't the guild xp thing have conflict with the current system?

What I mean is that if low level twinks went with 100% contribution, they wont gain any levels but they would gain kill counts.
    Perhaps you should add in once the contribution system is on and above 50%, players wont be able to gain kill counts.

That should even things out.

EDIT :

It doesn't apply to capped members since they are already maxed in level.
    Last edited by Kingsyan; 02-26-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Kingsyan -- Lvl 66 Enchantress