Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dear Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Dear Devs

Hi,

I just have a few questions in mind that i'd appreciate if devs can answer them.

1) If a suggestion is getting a lot of attention by the community, and most people seems to like it. Can we know if you are gonna implement it, and if no, why not?

We, players, are very reasonable and wouldn't mind if the suggestion is rejected if devs think it will impact the game in a negative way, just let us know. Ofcourse you don't have to reply to every post, just the ones which are getting a lot of attention will do.

2) The idea behind gold loot, I can't find the reasoning. What made you guys think that it's alright to make a way which keeps adding gold into the game? It keeps widening the gap between rich and poor.

Peace.

Sorry for bad English

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well. Gold Loot is a kind of reward. You can get it by buying platinums (then awake items), or if you play a lot, you can also buy GL items, or reawaken them, (ff course, you need to take right decisions and you need to have some luck) I think right now, there is no way to put this enhancement to trash. There are always richer and poorer than you, like in real life. In this game if you have good gold loot you only need free time. It just depends on you how you use it. But sometimes I think, some of you would like to play it just for 1H and have 100M of gold in one minute. Well, it's imposibble.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyczek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyczek View Post
    Well. Gold Loot is a kind of reward. You can get it by buying platinums (then awake items), or if you play a lot, you can also buy GL items, or reawaken them, (ff course, you need to take right decisions and you need to have some luck) I think right now, there is no way to put this enhancement to trash. There are always richer and poorer than you, like in real life. In this game if you have good gold loot you only need free time. It just depends on you how you use it. But sometimes I think, some of you would like to play it just for 1H and have 100M of gold in one minute. Well, it's imposibble.
    In real life, money keeps cycling between players.

You know what happens when a country keeps printing money? (People keep looting gold), the money loses its value. There was once a time when people needed a barrel of money to buy bread.

Now imagine in AL, the gold keeps losing its value because high gold loot people keep adding 1m gold per hour into the game. It's getting worse for poor players who don't have gold loot.

STS also increased the gold limit, the economy is looking in a dire situation. If this keeps going, arcane weapons might reach 500m gold as a normal price. How are people with 0 gold loot supposed get anywhere close?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There are lots of items, that are hanging on Auction House for days. If this problem with gold loosing value is real, then I could not buy any items, because someone richer will buy it before me. Well, that's not happening. Also market changes A LOT, during STS Devs decisions, currents event and any other things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyczek View Post
    There are lots of items, that are hanging on Auction House for days. If this problem with gold loosing value is real, then I could not buy any items, because someone richer will buy it before me. Well, that's not happening. Also market changes A LOT, during STS Devs decisions, currents event and any other things...
    Hmmm, I will give you a quick comparision.

Look at arcane weapons prices when gold loot wasn't introduced, and look at now.

I still remember immortal corruption weapons were like max 10m each. Now duggar daggers are 65m++

Going even further back, dragon hunter weapons were like 5m each?

Another item comparison, Kershal few years back was around 20m? Now it's 95m. You can argue it has become rarer since many owners have quit, but the drop rate is about the same. The supply is the same, and demand is also the same, the only factor that has changed is the introduction of gold loot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok, I started playing this game again on late August 2018. I had nothing tbh. Then next year I ran easter event, very hard, bough my first gold loot (it was 300-or something back then). Then played a lot of time on ESG, just to buy ebon sword. I won't write what I have rn, because I think pointless, but I think good gear just to run normal gates, and sometimes elite. But it costed lot of time, doing some platinum offers and also a lot of thinking. What is the point if person gets something without putting some efford? Don't get me wrong, but gold loot and any other things are also some kind of "goals" to accomplish. One have more, one less, well...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyczek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

This is basically like awakenings, should’ve been fixed early now but we’re 4 years too late?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

If gl gets fixed it needs to be done carefully and with a big gold sink. Players who have hundreds of millions from gl would have the equivalent of billions once everything deflates. There should still be some gold loot, or prices will slowly crash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm View Post
    If gl gets fixed it needs to be done carefully and with a big gold sink. Players who have hundreds of millions from gl would have the equivalent of billions once everything deflates. There should still be some gold loot, or prices will slowly crash
    Maybe it's just me, but I think they slowly have began slowly "nerfing GL".

Instead of just wiping out the % as a whole, I feel as if they have increased the frequency of you dropping gold from the "lower spectrum of your GL %" and decreased drops from the higher spectrum.
    Slowly it can help repair this battered AL economy, but its like putting a bandaid on a huge wound that won't stop bleeding.
    And unfortunately it's all that can be done now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiaaaa View Post

Instead of just wiping out the % as a whole, I feel as if they have increased the frequency of you dropping gold from the "lower spectrum of your GL %" and decreased drops from the higher spectrum.
    Slowly it can help repair this battered AL economy, but its like putting a bandaid on a huge wound that won't stop bleeding.
    i realized this also with my gold drops
    i farm dm alot so i picked up on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiaaaa View Post

Yeah I also feel like I drop small gold piles from bosses way more often than big piles.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey there. I can definitely chime in on the first one. Unfortunately, it’s not so black and white that we can accept or deny a change or feature request. We see SO many great ideas in here. Once we see that there is interest from the community, we have to weigh how it may fit in to game balance, how it works with other game systems, and how technologically possible it is, among other things. Sometimes things are easy to flip a switch on, sometimes we have to wait and plan, etc. We always do our best to communicate progress though. I hope this helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey there. I can definitely chime in on the first one. Unfortunately, it’s not so black and white that we can accept or deny a change or feature request. We see SO many great ideas in here. Once we see that there is interest from the community, we have to weigh how it may fit in to game balance, how it works with other game systems, and how technologically possible it is, among other things. Sometimes things are easy to flip a switch on, sometimes we have to wait and plan, etc. We always do our best to communicate progress though. I hope this helps!
    Thanks for replying, we don't mind a late answer as long as we get one. Again, we are very reasonable. If something is hard to implement, the tech isn't just available yet or if it's bad on game health, we will understand.

Just let us know, so we feel heard.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post: