Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback - Honor PVP (Phase 1)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

So first - thanks for all of the feedback on Honor PvP! This first day of public testing has resulted in an array of important adjustments. I look forward to hearing more from you as the test progresses over the weekend!

We remain keenly focused on Honor gear statistics - so continued feedback in this area is critically important to us.

In response to feedback on the number of / variety of Pets available in Honor PvP I have been reviewing the possibilities to see what can be done in the short-term. As you know, quite a few of the Epic and Legendary Pets are pretty powerful - and, I'm sorry to say, this power could prevent them from ever being allowed in the Arena of Honor. There are other Common and Rare pets that can provide a bit of variation in play-style, but these choices are pretty minimal. So from my vantage right now it looks like the options are to disrupt balance by adding OP Pets (which will essentially become a quick race to determine which one is the most OP one and that becomes the only pet that anyone uses in Honor), or to offer minimal choices that don't feel like they have much of an impact on your play-style. Neither of these option is attractive - so I plan to keep thinking about how to approach it and to stay open to your suggestions on the matter ;-)

Thanks again! See you in the arena!!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    So first - thanks for all of the feedback on Honor PvP! This first day of public testing has resulted in an array of important adjustments. I look forward to hearing more from you as the test progresses over the weekend!

We remain keenly focused on Honor gear statistics - so continued feedback in this area is critically important to us.

In response to feedback on the number of / variety of Pets available in Honor PvP I have been reviewing the possibilities to see what can be done in the short-term. As you know, quite a few of the Epic and Legendary Pets are pretty powerful - and, I'm sorry to say, this power could prevent them from ever being allowed in the Arena of Honor. There are other Common and Rare pets that can provide a bit of variation in play-style, but these choices are pretty minimal. So from my vantage right now it looks like the options are to disrupt balance by adding OP Pets (which will essentially become a quick race to determine which one is the most OP one and that becomes the only pet that anyone uses in Honor), or to offer minimal choices that don't feel like they have much of an impact on your play-style. Neither of these option is attractive - so I plan to keep thinking about how to approach it and to stay open to your suggestions on the matter ;-)

Thanks again! See you in the arena!!
    As for the pet situation, I have an idea. Add “New” ‘Honor PvP’ pets. For instance, a pet with Good Stats but bad Arcane Ability. I’ll provide a few examples.

Ex;

1.) Op stats/bad arcane ability.

Stats: 20 str 2% damage
    AA: Chance to bleed.

2.) bad stats/ op arcane ability.

Stats: 5 str, .5% damage
    AA: freeze for 1-2 seconds

And it could vary, it could be 10 str/int 1% damage, burn for 1-2 seconds, 25 dex, Chance to stun for 1 second, etc. these are just examples.

If this turns out to be a bad idea, you could always change it back to the 3 pets we have right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

So which Epic/Legendary Pets do you find not to powerful and balanced then? Based on Class Roles? Can you make a Vote Poll Thread with this list where we can discuss these Pets for balance purposes and Vote as a community?