Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    PL is a safe haven for some people; for me, it has provided me with constant pillar for the past decade as I cope with toxic family situations, my own dilemmas, and college academics.
    I'm sorry to hear about all of this, Sheu.

We've had a really bumpy history these last handful of years, most of which is attributed to petty guild drama. I admit, I was disheartened during our 5v5 CTF match when I had kindly requested a momentary pause upon 2 hours of straight gameplay. It was proceeded by a cold, "Then you will lose, Will" from you. It's not the Sheu I remember from the years prior to the tension that has only recently manifested.

However -- I am sincerely sorry about the homophobic, racist, and sexist remarks you've experienced. Community is everything, especially when it feels like the world is on fire. If there's one damn thing we can agree on, setting all differences aside, it's that PL is an extension for many of us. It deserves to be treated like a haven.

I guess what I'm really trying to say, irrespective of how this impacts our relationship, is that I stand in solidarity with you. I hope STG removes any players who blatantly degrade the integrity of this beautiful community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about all of this, Sheu.

We've had a really bumpy history these last handful of years, most of which is attributed to petty guild drama. I admit, I was disheartened during our 5v5 CTF match when I had kindly requested a momentary pause upon 2 hours of straight gameplay. It was proceeded by a cold, "Then you will lose, Will" from you. It's not the Sheu I remember from the years prior to the tension that has only recently manifested.

However -- I am sincerely sorry about the homophobic, racist, and sexist remarks you've experienced. Community is everything, especially when it feels like the world is on fire. If there's one damn thing we can agree on, setting all differences aside, it's that PL is an extension for many of us. It deserves to be treated like a haven.

I guess what I'm really trying to say, irrespective of how this impacts our relationship, is that I stand in solidarity with you. I hope STG removes any players who blatantly degrade the integrity of this beautiful community.

Thank you for the well wishes.

I’m gonna keep this short and say that your callout post is not meant for public, especially when it has little to do with marginalizing comments. Even if you perceived it as hostile and unnecessary (which it very well be valid), how are you adding to the conversation about homophobia, racism, or sexism? I would rather you pm me, and if you don’t feel up to it (which I respect), I apologize to you now.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    Thank you for the well wishes.

I’m gonna keep this short and say that your callout post is not meant for public, especially when it has little to do with marginalizing comments. Even if you perceived it as hostile and unnecessary (which it very well be valid), how are you adding to the conversation about homophobia, racism, or sexism? I would rather you pm me, and if you don’t feel up to it (which I respect), I apologize to you now.
    I'll shoot you a PM