Thread: Luck clarification on Orrick/Hydra maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Luck clarification on Orrick/Hydra maps.

Hi.
    Well, the topic about luck, hit like a boomerang once a time, but always when it comes to Orrick/Hydra maps, people say that luck doesn't work on those maps. Some say that it even destroys your drop, so you or your party can't get arcane, because you are using luck. So, can't it increase your chances, when you switch for luck eq, just before boss die, like when we do with gold loot sets on gold loot maps? So, then what is the point having eq with that awake, and loosing awakes for gaining luck %?

Just asking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

No, it doesn't help at all. The only elixir that will help you is 2X boss loot elixir.
    "Control is an illusion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Why wouldn't luck help. Futu Already explained in a post how luck works. If you reroll something you rerolled into something within a higher rarity loot table, if you re-roll into something of lower rarity you keep the higher rarity item, meaning you either roll something of the same rarity or better when you have luck. I've attached the thread to what Futu stated below:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...le+loot+tables

It honestly baffles me that people think devs program something in the game to "trick" the player then lie about it. Just like the dilemna with timur supposedly making gold loot worse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    Why wouldn't luck help. Futu Already explained in a post how luck works. If you reroll something you rerolled into something within a higher rarity loot table, if you re-roll into something of lower rarity you keep the higher rarity item, meaning you either roll something of the same rarity or better when you have luck. I've attached the thread to what Futu stated below:

It honestly baffles me that people think devs program something in the game to "trick" the player then lie about it. Just like the dilemna with timur supposedly making gold loot worse
    Yeah, that's why I created a thread, because I red those topics long ago, with devs explaining that it helps. But I really would like to have 100% confirmation by devs. Tbh, I always use luck during events, like eggzavier, looted few good arcanes. But with people explaining that it doesn't help, it's just getting confusing with people that state that it can't work at all.

(Also, what if you have op awakes + f.e luck awakes on your base eq + luck from city location?. Does it destroy drops as well)?
    Last edited by Tyczek; 06-27-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyczek View Post
    Yeah, that's why I created a thread, because I red those topics long ago, with devs explaining that it helps. But I really would like to have 100% confirmation by devs. Tbh, I always use luck during events, like eggzavier, looted few good arcanes. But with people explaining that it doesn't help, it's just getting confusing with people that state that it can't work at all.
    That post that Spheresome linked is quite recent and it is the 100% confirmation that you're looking for.

Luck elixir doesn't automatically make your item a better rarity, it just gives you a second chance when looting.

For example, if your initial loot is an Epic Pendant, your luck elixir can roll for a Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Set or Arcane item, including Ebon Armor. If your loot elixir rolls for a Common or Rare item, then you keep your Epic Pendant (because it is a higher rarity), if it rolls for a Legendary, Set or Arcane item, then you get the rerolled item.

Keep in mind though that the chances to get an Arcane item from re-roll are the same as it being your initial loot, so that is why you will see people getting arcane items without re-rolling most of the time.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    That post that Spheresome linked is quite recent and it is the 100% confirmation that you're looking for.

Luck elixir doesn't automatically make your item a better rarity, it just gives you a second chance when looting.

For example, if your initial loot is an Epic Pendant, your luck elixir can roll for a Common, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Set or Arcane item, including Ebon Armor. If your loot elixir rolls for a Common or Rare item, then you keep your Epic Pendant (because it is a higher rarity), if it rolls for a Legendary, Set or Arcane item, then you get the rerolled item.

Keep in mind though that the chances to get an Arcane item from re-roll are the same as it being your initial loot, so that is why you will see people getting arcane items without re-rolling most of the time.
    Yeah, I get that you can't automatically get 10 arcanes in few runs. It would be stupid. But the point is, if luck is increasing "chance" to get one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Dont need luck or boss 2x loot elix to loot good stuffs esp ebon armor/helm. Looted many without them elixirs

Sent from my vivo 1817 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyczek View Post
    Yeah, I get that you can't automatically get 10 arcanes in few runs. It would be stupid. But the point is, if luck is increasing "chance" to get one.
    If you have 100% Luck Elixir, then each run you will re-roll the item that drops. That just means that each run you will technically roll for 2 items, but you get only one of them.

Furthermore, if you have 100% Luck Elixir and loot the Arcane Armor, there's only a 50% chance that luck helped you.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have got arcanes from there with and without a reroll. As was pointed out by previous poster is it merely gives u a second chance at a better item. I have looted and watched others loot many arcanes in there and i use luck every time. People that say it makes things not drop in there have issues with logic and reality. They should stop spreading ignorance and lies. Futu will be on shortly to confirm for the 500th time this is the case. Hopefully each time more and more people listen and we can grow smarter as a community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Name:  20200524_174809.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  61.7 KB

Or the items you speak of can't be affected by luck like how Taint/End pcs aren't.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-27-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post

I mean, STS ain't stupid to add "Luck" into the game and does the actual opposite of what it is.

Luck Helps.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk