Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hoarding or Lost?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default Hoarding or Lost?

Hey everyone!

So I recently returned to AL since like 2016 and wow...where are all the vanities?? So many are just gone. Are players hoarding all of them or are they being forgotten or left in banned accounts? I cant even find a damn Ash vanity for mage. Can someone update me on what has happened since 2016? Because last time I played this game my Yeti set only cost me 22m and ice golem vest 30m and there was alot of twink gear and vanities in auction...

I just completed my Shadowspire vanity set after sooooooo long of searching!!! I had to pay big gold for it and i dont wanna talk about the price -.- but wow this vanity so hard to find now its ridiculous

PS: So glad to have seen old friends (my old twink pvp names: The, Ivcky, Gob, Smallsoda)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redjellydonut For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redjellydonut View Post
    Hey everyone!

So I recently returned to AL since like 2016 and wow...where are all the vanities?? So many are just gone. Are players hoarding all of them or are they being forgotten or left in banned accounts? I cant even find a damn Ash vanity for mage. Can someone update me on what has happened since 2016? Because last time I played this game my Yeti set only cost me 22m and ice golem vest 30m and there was alot of twink gear and vanities in auction...

I just completed my Shadowspire vanity set after sooooooo long of searching!!! I had to pay big gold for it and i dont wanna talk about the price -.- but wow this vanity so hard to find now its ridiculous

PS: So glad to have seen old friends (my old twink pvp names: The, Ivcky, Gob, Smallsoda)

Ash vanity are getting rare now and same as other vanity,idk much cause i just play this game for a year now,what i know is yeti,ice spirit,ice golem are over 1billion now

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Both, by the time you have stopped.

Many players got banned for many different reasons (you may know them) and there's a LOT of hoarders that are trying to increase the price of what they have.

Due to the ease that people have to do gold nowdays, regular stuff like "Ash" vanity set is getting not that regular...

-edit-
    Many players now not only "can" buy everything they want but they ARE buying everthing they want. All you have to do is farm and wait...

Welcome back to Arlor
    Last edited by Sasamon; 06-28-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    IGN: Sasamon
    Endgame PvE Rogue
    Retired Combatant of <Enigmatic>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasamon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I believe most of the vanities that are hard to find nowadays are mainly on accounts of people that have simply stopped playing.
    Its sad but its how the game goes i suppose, no real way to counter it and keep it fair at the same time.
    The worst part is that certain vanities might completely go extinct, which would be a real shame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sasamon View Post
    Both, by the time you have stopped.

Many players got banned for many different reasons (you may know them) and there's a LOT of hoarders that are trying to increase the price of what they have.

Due to the ease that people have to do gold nowdays, regular stuff like "Ash" vanity set is getting not that regular...

-edit-
    Many players now not only "can" buy everything they want but they ARE buying everthing they want. All you have to do is farm and wait...

Welcome back to Arlor
    Wow thats crazy! Thanks bud Not gonna lie, I came back and the game is more farming friendly BUT you need to have a decent gl awaken. So it kinda contradicts a little.

Pros:
    •More events than before!

•(Just recently) More pvp support! FINALLY

•Devs seem to be working harder than before so that will pay off in the future

•Finally “new” vanities (some). Because back then around the time when i left the game, vanities were being recolored like crazy and was a big turn off.

Cons:
    •Absurd Economy inflation.

•Event unfortunately have all become the same: run tombs,kill, and repeat. Or run tombs until the boss appears.

•No content has been added for lower levels since i played in 2013. They only stack up levels and add like 1-3 new maps. Meanwhile the new player experience remains the same.

All and all i am very excited to be back because it seems like new content is always being worked on! Also there is almost always an event going on which keeps u busy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redjellydonut For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Many vanities are gone cuz of a mass ban few yrs ago. I think prices increased more cuz of the vanities on banned accs than of players which hoarding them

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

To be super fair, those super rare vanities aren't needed in a mmo! They're just to look pretty!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Hey everyone!

Something that changed from 2016 is also every now and then a player randomly returning with lb vanity sets. Thought these were limited but so many on forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Hey everyone!

Just return and play.... You will see what it's all about......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Welcome back!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thanks! Excited for all the content you guys are dropping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Welcome back I am sure you will find a lot of cool stuff that have been added. Just like you, I wish there was more content for lower level areas.