View Poll Results: What do you want the Dark legends age requirement to be?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • 17+

50 52.08%
  • 13+

46 47.92%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Age Requirement for Dark Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jugernuget wants back View Post
    I don't understand anyone here. I mean... It's just another mmo game, I'm sure it's like the same as SL and PL. why does everyone think there's gonna be bad stuff in it? -_- just keep age requirements same. There was never an argument for SL about this so why DL? Everyone wants to play the new game. I'm waiting for it myself and really wanna play it. KEEP IT 12+!!!! KEEP IT 12+
    Because STS has repeadetly said its an adult game with more blood and violence than PL or SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't understand anyone here. I mean... It's just another mmo game, I'm sure it's like the same as SL and PL. why does everyone think there's gonna be bad stuff in it? -_- just keep age requirements same. There was never an argument for SL about this so why DL? Everyone wants to play the new game. I'm waiting for it myself and really wanna play it. KEEP IT 12+!!!! KEEP IT 12+
    . Lol it was nvr 12+ just saying
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think the age requirments should be 13+ if its more violent Yd they lower the age requirment to 12

SL: zombiemurder level 35 engineer skullkiller lvl 17 commando zombiedestroy lvl 3 operative PL: skullcrushed lvl8 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiemurder View Post
    I think the age requirments should be 13+ if its more violent Yd they lower the age requirment to 12
    Quote Originally Posted by abbasjammmy View Post
    . Lol it was nvr 12+ just saying
    ^this. And as said many times in this thread alone, it's for more mature (in age) audiences. By the law, as said by Pandar's quote in my previous post, any game with a chat function automatically requires a 13+ audience. Due to the nature of DL's content, it'll be a requirement above 13 year old audiences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dugantale:569253
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardon:569034

Hopefully
    Nooooo!
    I second this Notion!!!
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Seen the trailer? That video gave me the chills! If you watch it, you'll understand that it's for even more mature audiences.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Lol! Definitly will not be 17 or 18 plus...thats only if theres lots of bad words or sexual content. Also dead space,one of the goriest games is only 12+ in appstore...if im correct the age requirements on SL and PL are 4+ (the lowest age requirement) so im asuming DL willbe around 12+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paar:570452
    Quote Originally Posted by dugantale:569253
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardon:569034

Hopefully
    Nooooo!
    I second this Notion!!!
    I third it even tho I firsted it!

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Here are factors I believe will affect the rating:
    - Blood (We all know there's going to be some)
    - Gore (Based on a tester's statement, it could be even gorey)
    - Violence ( Really?)
    - Online material not Rated (Chat, private messaging, etc)

STS never had any cussing in the games they make so I don't think that it will appear in this game. I really hope so. All in all, we will see.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    Lol! Definitly will not be 17 or 18 plus...thats only if theres lots of bad words or sexual content. Also dead space,one of the goriest games is only 12+ in appstore...if im correct the age requirements on SL and PL are 4+ (the lowest age requirement) so im asuming DL willbe around 12+
    You are very Incorrect. You should try reading the other posts before replying :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
    It recently came to light that some people think the age limit of the forums and the game has been lowered to 9 years old. This is not true. Because of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) the age limit for these forums and the games themselves (because of the chat function) is 13 years old.

Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited by law to participate in the forums or the games. I'm sorry if there was any confusion.
    "the games themselves" is referring to the Pocket Legends and Star legends games. The Dark Legends website wouldn't prompt you for your age when the pl and SL sites don't, if they'd all have the same age requirements.

Here's what happened when I placed my year from 1995-1999 (the years of birth I'd have if I were 13-17 ATM, with my actual year of birth being 1990)

I was denied access to the site. If that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know what will.
    Last edited by RedRyder; 02-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Because STS has repeadetly said its an adult game with more blood and violence than PL or SL.
    12-13 year olds are use to that stuff... Like Xbox and all that stuff. Call of duty and games like that are an example. Why people trying to ruin the fun??? The game should be open to people 13+. It's not being forced to them. If they think it's too much for them to handle, they don't play then. But. People (kinda like me) who can handle stuff like that and not go crazy everywhere else (if u know what I mean). I wanna play the game for the fun! I would like the age limit 13+!! C'mon! I'm looking forward to this game.. So much. I am I am>.< I couldn't bear hearing that it's like 18+!! I can't wait that long that's a Long time! Vvhat novv????
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    12-13 year olds are use to that stuff... Like Xbox and all that stuff. Call of duty and games like that are an example. Why people trying to ruin the fun??? The game should be open to people 13+. It's not being forced to them. If they think it's too much for them to handle, they don't play then. But. People (kinda like me) who can handle stuff like that and not go crazy everywhere else (if u know what I mean). I wanna play the game for the fun! I would like the age limit 13+!! C'mon! I'm looking forward to this game.. So much. I am I am>.< I couldn't bear hearing that it's like 18+!! I can't wait that long that's a Long time! Vvhat novv????
    U r right us 13+ kids play M games and we chose to and our parents allow us to so If wen can kill some1 in a game and watch gory killcams every couple minutes I think any iPod game should be fine I even have cod zombies for my iPod it is rated m level I got it and it's sad that they rated mature because there is barely any gore or blood should be like 9+ just cause we see blood or gore in a game doesn't mean it is inappropriate for us.

I ride the high school bus and I'm 13 I hear swearing violence vandalism all that stuff if I can hear it at school then I think I can see a little blood and gore on a game.

Also I've played m game since I was like 9 or 10 and teen I played at like 6 or 7 so umm yeah and I've seen some rely bad games I'm not gonna describe their content.

I'd also like to point out that if ur trying to keep kids away from swearing and stuff ur way to late I've heard 4 year drop the f bomb on me for no reason.

I'm sorry if this sounds very attacking on sts or mean or inappropriate but that's how I think a lot of us 13 year olds feel. Were not kids anymore were teens well be adults in 5 years.

SL: zombiemurder level 35 engineer skullkiller lvl 17 commando zombiedestroy lvl 3 operative PL: skullcrushed lvl8 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It's futile... it really is. This has now become a thread where the young ones are just trying to beg and plead and hope their pleas are heard by the admins even though nothing is for sure.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iiada For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Oh my goodness! Do my posts not get to your heads? Eh, I'm done posting here. Like iiada said, it's just younger kids directly/indirectly pleeing the devs to make the game available for kids. Might as well ask them to put all that hard work they've done on the game and tell the devs and their artists to just start over, right?

If you don't like it, tough. There's PL and SL for you to play. It's like the conker games for Nintendo. They made a leap with making a more provocative themed game with conkers bad fur day, changing the standard age requirement for conker games according to its content.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Kids logic and adult logic don't go together. Instead it ends up as an irrational flame war. Even if they did make this game 17+ though, sadly any kid can just click the OK button to download the app.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    Kids logic and adult logic don't go together. Instead it ends up as an irrational flame war. Even if they did make this game 17+ though, sadly any kid can just click the OK button to download the app.
    Actualy ur wrong u can download the app but wen u log in to ur younger age account they would prevent u from getting into the game I'm pretty sure

Also like I said a billion times above 13 isn't a kid if ur 10 yeah that's a kid but thirTEEN rely?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I know I wouldn't fit the age category if it is 18+; So I'll continue my SL campaign.
    We just gotta face it; it's rated M for a reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Deleted.
    Last edited by Blind; 02-16-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

It's still not confirmed that it will be 17+
    But it is likely to be 17+

@Blind - we haven't seen any gameplay to judge based on the style and graphics
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Hey Ardon. And yeah, still, i doubt anyone is actually gonna follow this unless they have an old sts account which has the real birth date and all.
    It was fun while it lasted.