Thread: Questions about Iceberg set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Question Questions about Iceberg set

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the Iceberg set for bears. Be awesome if you could answer some.

1. Is it the best gear for a lvl 33 bear?

2. How much is it worth in the CS (I got my whole set for about 22k, hatchet, plate and shield)?

3. How long until I should replace the Iceberg set with a new set of gear (I'm a lvl33 bear)?

4. Are there any advantages to running the Sword or Hammer over the Hatchet? Or should I just stick with the Hatchet?

And on a completely different note, what is the best helm I can get? I'm still running Redbone lol.

If you could answer as many of these questions as you can, that would be awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

1. Yes, its the best gear, especially in swamps.
    2. Thats the average price or in fact cheaper I believe.
    3. You can use it till you get some lv41 pinks from AO2 (Alien Oasis 2)
    4. Hatchet is the best weapon with shield. Good damage and armor overall

Don't worry too much on helms, if you have some dexterity, get the lv28 pink penguin cap from a quest.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beanmachine For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    1. Yes, its the best gear, especially in swamps.
    2. Thats the average price or in fact cheaper I believe.
    3. You can use it till you get some lv41 pinks from AO2 (Alien Oasis 2)
    4. Hatchet is the best weapon with shield. Good damage and armor overall

Don't worry too much on helms, if you have some dexterity, get the lv28 pink penguin cap from a quest.
    Thanks for the reply dude! Yeah, Iceberg made the Swamps piss easy, it's not too good for a traditional bear role though because of the wide open spaces, with mobs scattered everywhere. I've got a 27 pink penguin cap from a quest (everything else I could've gotten was crap so why not get the pink?) but I’m short on dex unfortunately (I opted for 3 points in strength and 2 in dex every level). Oh well. A few points of regen is nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorBlitz View Post
    Thanks for the reply dude! Yeah, Iceberg made the Swamps piss easy, it's not too good for a traditional bear role though because of the wide open spaces, with mobs scattered everywhere. I've got a 27 pink penguin cap from a quest (everything else I could've gotten was crap so why not get the pink?) but I’m short on dex unfortunately (I opted for 3 points in strength and 2 in dex every level). Oh well. A few points of regen is nothing.
    No problem, I would go dex over unnecessary str to make sure the hit% is close to 100%. You don't want to be missing your beckon stomp combo as a bear.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Would you recommend a dual spec then? I got kinda pissed when I was dual spec because I could never put on the best bear gear lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If this is your first toon don't worry about the cap, what you have is fine. If you have other high level toons with some extra gold you should buy a vxynaar helm. I used the same setup on my bear until I got to level 45 and then I switched to "destiny" pinks. If I remember right the str requirements for iceberg is 94 so I'd put 94 in str and the rest in dex. As was said already this will up your hit % and your beckons won't miss so often. Here's another tip: it's always best to beckon to walls but, as you already noticed, swamps is kind of wide open. If you have your map up then you can see that some trees show up as barriers. You can also beckon to these. Also, be sure to back away before you stomp so they don't go scattering. So, continue to beckon to walls and trees and under no circumstances should you scatter, lol.

The longsword does a lot more skill damage than the hatchet does but you lose armor by not being able to equip a shield. If you're running with a good team that is killing fast you can use the longsword to beef up your damage. If the team isn't that good then run with the hatchet and shield because you'll take too much damage while tanking otherwise. But a decent team should be able to kill the mobs you group before they do too much damage to you. (you can check skill damage by going to your skill screen and tapping the skill. You can see the damage ranges change depending on the weapon you equip).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Would you recommend a dual spec then? I got kinda pissed when I was dual spec because I could never put on the best bear gear lol.
    Once you get into alien oasis dual spec is a very good option because once you reach about lv 35 the stat requirements for items drops significantly.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll make sure to take them all into account as I make my way into AO lol.