Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A guide for the BEST Voodoo Mage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Default A guide for the BEST Voodoo Mage!

Welcome to Noodleleg's Legitimate Voodoo Guide!

Now, say hi to Zaprekz here and he'll wave back ^_^

Here's what you might see if you clicked on me XD!

Now... Let's get into something everybody loves to ask me... >.>
    WAIT WHAT? I'm giving out my build =o! Yeah... That's right.
    Build is under THIS:

Lightning and Firestorm can be 6. I chose firestorm because of my tactics in Voodoo. If you use my technique, I recommend 6 on firestorm. If you nuke, think about 6 on lightning.

For Voodoos:

Here's the COMBO! WEWT! Alright, this works on basically any class or player you meet. First, the buffs of course. Now, I run into the player in 12m range and do Frostbite (Snowball) and then Firestorm really quick; while backing up of course. After this, I backed them up from their 12m range and froze them in place. This gives me the upper hand. If somebody has already landed their combo on you (which is usually their drain) try to heal. If you can time your heal well, you'll be able to be unfrozen from their frostbite if they've used it. Here's how I used it.

This puts him/her in the situation where he/she can't use his drain when I do. Which means less damage and a forced heal (because drain heals him, but yet he does not have it when I do MY combo)...

Now, the fun part. After you pushed the player back, do: Drain, Lightning, and finally Firestorm. If you really need to, heal. Drain should already give you one heal. After that combo, do Frostbite, Lightning, Firestorm until you've got your drain back. Keep repeating the cycle until you've died or they've died. Remember, this does not always work on bears. We'll get to that in a bit.

Here's when you can get tricky, remember this requires much experience. While Chisk is chasing me, I can use mana shield and nuke him. Remember once you mana shield, do this very quickly. NUKEEEEE! If they turn on their mana shield quick enough, well, you go bye bye. Gotta do it quick. Be sure to use drain when you do it too. If you can sneak in the hot flash combo, that'd be better.

Now, if YOU are chasing them, be careful... All I can say =p...

When you see the other person turning on mana shield, try to do the back up combo I showed you. Back them up and turn on shield right away. If you're in a fight where both have activated their mana shields, the one that activated it the latest usually wins. Well, unless you start getting a big head and your opponent is Shelby =o!

For Birds (Referring to Iceberg Warbirds...which are like the only ones you face...:

Same combo with Mage ^_^!

Now, when you face these warbirds, remember they have something called the annoying CRUEL BLAST... To successfully beat them, learn good shield timing. After their first cruel blast (if you think you can try to hold off the first cruel blast without dying), use mana shield. This puts them in a bad situation. They have to wait for their blast shot to regenerate again. Finish them with a combo.

Here's Jack rooting me. His cruel blast is probably coming up. Try to stay far away from these birds, because their auto-attack from their sword is also really strong. If you think you can survive the first cruel blast, heal, drain and pray.

After the cruel blast, and you survived it, use mana shield. Remember, their blast breaks Mages' shields. It's the only skill that can do this. It gives you immunity to cruel blasts' damage. However, if they use cruel blast, shattering scream will hurt your mana, blast will break armor, and the combo it does will give the bird some damage to your health (not much really)...

Shield broken here... Says absorbed...

Time to shield!

Perfect timing here, I lived through his cruel blast too. I kind of won here. He'll have to regenerate his cruel blast, but then, I already charged and killed him by then.

For Bears:

Bears you face will usually be a Copperhead Bear; and yes, I have one. If you do face an ice talon bear, use the same strategy and be more alert to use mans shield. To win, AVOID THE BECKON DUDDDDEEE... It's really hard to, but you can try this... Do the push back combo and if they beckon you, heal right away. This nullifies the stun effect and gives you the chance once again to run away. KITE (don't we love kiting?) the bear to death ^_^!

This is about when you should do the combo (12m)... And the rest of it should be the same combo up there.

Here's what you really try not to get into =o! Being debuffed to death D=!

Here's probably when you'll die... Bears will "trap" you with debuffs and you can't move ar all. Sometimes, you can get out of it, but usually not. Heal as much as possible, try to use frostbite, and even more important use drain when you're getting low on health. Yes, stun is what'll kill you.

When you successfully avoid the beckon and probably also hellscream, you'll see the bear running to recharge his beckon. He'll run back to you with beckon and do the push back combo and heal. FINISH HIM after this!

Thanks all for the encouragement and help! Special names to acknowledge:
    Shelby, Moomiified, Mrxsmith, Chisk, Bio, Jack, Will, Goon, and all that helped!
    Just in case I forgot you, post here or send me a private message (preferred)!

^_^
    Last edited by Noodleleg; 02-15-2012 at 09:00 PM.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Reserved ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Another reserved slot! ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

i know im really good at pvp but all these times... i dont know what debuffs mean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I would beg to differ on this build and so would Shelby... But not a bad guide now that it's out easy to counter... I can post my build if you want I quit voodooing>.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    i know im really good at pvp but all these times... i dont know what debuffs mean
    When a character lowers your stats by using a skill or special move/weapon... Bears usually debuff (opposite of buff) and stun you. Their debuffs are mainly attack debuffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    I would beg to differ on this build and so would Shelby... But not a bad guide now that it's out easy to counter... I can post my build if you want I quit voodooing>.>
    Actually, that build is pretty much one of the best lol, that's the one Blitz, Everhate, Lisaaaaaaaaa and I used back in the day. Lisa and Hate are gone, and Blitz and I altered the build. Unless he changed back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I don't get your point changing 6 firestorm to 6 lightning if trying to nuke. Lowering higher range skill doesn't make sense when nukeing mostly happens from 12-10m. Also any recommendation why use int/dex like you do?
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    I don't get your point changing 6 firestorm to 6 lightning if trying to nuke. Lowering higher range skill doesn't make sense when nukeing mostly happens from 12-10m. Also any recommendation why use int/dex like you do?
    The lightning is more for shield fights, and int/dex gives you more armor or skill damage because of dex rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    The lightning is more for shield fights, and int/dex gives you more armor or skill damage because of dex rings.

I see, maybe test this out later even I rarely go enough close combat to use lightning.
    Also your second statement is wrong, go ahead and try pure int and be amazed by your skill damage it's higher than split and dmg ring.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    I see, maybe test this out later even I rarely go enough close combat to use lightning.
    Also your second statement is wrong, go ahead and try pure int and be amazed by your skill damage it's higher than split and dmg ring.
    Last I tested.. Was a while ago. Lol. But anyway, I don't use damage rings, I use armor. :3

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Once again nice guide noodleleg!

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

A real good guide again, you diserve all the thanks!
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow, this is a great guide! I really like the pictures, they help a lot

Also, if I'm making a Voodoo mage, which Voodoo set should I get? Because in the cs, there's a lot of different Voodoo gear, such as Mamboza's, Zombie's and Copperhead's.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nice guide, on my build which is similar to yours, I take out one point out from heal. Reviving your health is just as important as dealing damage, and frostbite lighting drain fire with yours buffs on should kill your opponent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    You sir, are a shining example of American braggetry. Although your statement is true, it is Bronx bomber-esque in a risqué way. Well done sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zenidal View Post
    Wow, this is a great guide! I really like the pictures, they help a lot

Also, if I'm making a Voodoo mage, which Voodoo set should I get? Because in the cs, there's a lot of different Voodoo gear, such as Mamboza's, Zombie's and Copperhead's.
    There's only one voodoo item for each slot. Don't use the doll. Lol. The rest is good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

This build was my first build.. It was ok... But! If you do this right... You can nuke from 12m
    So go 3 light and 3snow... This way you can do both nukes... Some of you guys will hate me for this! But if you ice drain fire you will out heal there drain and get combo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    There's only one voodoo item for each slot. Don't use the doll. Lol. The rest is good.
    Oh! I feel stupid now....lol
    Last edited by Zenidal; 02-16-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Cool ill try out your strategy when I get off my lazy butt and level to 35 haha (currently level 26) Nice guide
    Kaytar