Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2020-07-02 Content Update (276252)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Default 2020-07-02 Content Update (276252)

+ FREEDOM XL has returned to Balefort Towne to celebrate the Fourth of July!
    + Hunt down Mad'Lur in the Legend of Ebonthrax campaign to loot Event Tokens and a special locked crate.
    + Use FREEDOM XL's special elixir to summon Mad'Lur in lower-level content.
    + This event is scheduled to run from 7.2 to 7.9! Happy Fourth of July!!
    + Realm Keys are now a bit easier to use.
    + Gold farming zones have been moved to a new "Gold Farm" dungeon map category so they can be hosted more easily.
    + There is now a 'Gold Farming Zone' portal in Frost Hollow Towne for instant travel to Gold Farming maps and Enchantments.
    + New 'Master Key' items provide access to Gold Farming and Enchantments for 30 minutes and their effect only counts down in PvE zones.
    + Note: there have been no changes made to existing 5 minute Realm Keys (their effects still count down in all settings).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TzatOps For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    + Hunt down Mad'Lur in the Legend of Ebonthrax campaign to loot Event Tokens and a special locked crate.
    + Gold farming zones have been moved to a new "Gold Farm" dungeon map category so they can be hosted more easily.
    + There is now a 'Gold Farming Zone' portal in Frost Hollow Towne for instant travel to Gold Farming maps and Enchantments.
    + New 'Master Key' items provide access to Gold Farming and Enchantments for 30 minutes and their effect only counts down in PvE zones.
    + Note: there have been no changes made to existing 5 minute Realm Keys (their effects still count down in all settings).
    CAN'T WAIT

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I have no idea how to add a picture in this signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default does this begin at traditional 1:30 central time?

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    does this begin at traditional 1:30 central time?

I assume Balefort Towne which is below Belfort Castle? can have screenshot of what FREEDOM XL looks like/ location?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Not sure how this event is supposed be pricing wise, already got mad lur several times but only receiving 3 tokens... not sure if u meant 30. At this rate with the 2.5k set and both 5k pets pretty much seem impossible to get all if its just based mainly on random luck.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Big yikes, 130 tokens in one hour. Only need to play for 57 hours in one week to get pet and set lol. Not to mention really not much fun farming cause everything locked behind paywall. Sheesh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Let me add this too, we've got tokens to purchase the character bound items then what about the free bucks? tokens should be free bucks or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Islamiyah24 For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

"Free Bucks" are not used.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Please reconsider the pricing in vendor or improve the token amount 150 an hour is a ridiculously low amount. But overall the crates seem worth it and the designs are cool.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Event isn’t fun, you barley get tokens, boss barley spawns, low levels need to buy plat to do event, drops could be 10 times better, stat pets can be better, needs a event map.... guaranteed people will actually play for hours. Tired of everyone getting excited and this happens
    Last edited by Flambladom; 07-02-2020 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Fix

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flambladom View Post
    Event isn’t fun, you barley get tokens, boss barley spawns, low levels need to buy plat to do event, drops could be 10 times better, stat pets can be better, needs a event map.... guaranteed people will actually play for hours
    All fine constructive points as always. To be clear on one thing tho: you don't need Plat to get that elixir. Someone can buy it for you and you can trade them what you agree it's worth :-)
    | | | |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    All fine constructive points as always. To be clear on one thing tho: you don't need Plat to get that elixir. Someone can buy it for you and you can trade them what you agree it's worth :-)
    I know but realize that low levels are barley able to buy tickets because no events are being offered to make a decent amount of money. I already have a couple people tickets but no profit comes out of it, you have to hit up the community for suggestions so it will benefit you and the players. Best time of the year to do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Thank you for the awesome pets and cool vanity items.

I have to agree with the others the spawn rate of Madlur is too low and the token drop amount as well.
    Could something be done with this? Or this event is surely a let down.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

If we are rollin with an update tmr i think you should change the eagles effect to fireworks or something and keep the tri color stars coming out the star pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Default 2020-07-02 Content Update (276252)

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I don't think holiday events and grindy token vendor events should ever mix. Holiday events are a PL classic where you could buy vanity items for plat and have a boss to farm further rare items from. In my head I think of celebrating a holiday in a game for a few days a couple hours a day. This event has no boss loot. It has no map. It takes something like 70 hours to get everything from the vendor with tokens? I saw you agreed it takes too long to get and you proposed an extra week. Unfortunately the event rewards are so ugly (except maybe the eagle) people aren't going to utilize that extra week. They are going to play for an hour and do the math and never play the event again. No offense here but it seems like you don't know at all what types of vanity's people like in this game. I'm puzzled why there isn't some incentivizing nice loot to farm the boss for. Example: literally any color pa's helmet ANY color will get people playing the event for hours.
    To sum it up Why would someone spend 70 hours grinding a boss that has no fun aspects, and the rewards are abysmal that you get from those 70 hours. It really hurts to say these things. Maybe make a poll to see what people would like recolored next time? My thoughts this event
    -plpr
    Last edited by plpr; 07-02-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

This event seems like the most grindy and/or pay to win event in the last year, or at least in 2020. This is coming from a player who loved the Gauntlet event in its entirety (from the content, to the map, to the loot and drop rates/token values) and would like to see more events similar in nature to those.

As for this holiday event, sure you can purchase the MadLur elixir through trading other players and this will help you spawn the boss easier, but the tokens per hour are still abysmal. Without the elixir, I think there are some averaging 130 while others with the elixir maybe get 175 tokens per hour, or so I've heard.

If you add up the tokens required to purchase every vanity in the vendor, it comes out to 12,500 tokens, which would be the equivalent of farming for 70 hours (as plpr said) if you average 175 per hour, and that's with help from a plat purchased elixir.

Even if the event is extended for another week, many players still won't have enough time to contribute 35 hours each week to get enough tokens to purchase all the vanities. I don't understand why a non-leaderboard holiday event has to involve so much grinding. It honestly seems that the content wasn't thought through taking into account the event length, tokens able to be farmed per hour, and the token cost of vanities.

Also, there's nothing to farm the boss for other than crates (opened by plat only) or tokens. There's no exciting loot to look forward to dropping from the boss. As plpr said, adding in a pa's helm of any color to celebrate Independence Day would have gained the interest of many players, much like adding in the Black Holoshield to the St. Patty's event did.

I heard through Discord that you're planning on making changes to the event sometime in the morning. I probably won't play the event much or at all until then because it feels discouraging right now to do so, but I look forward to seeing the changes made and playing the event afterwards. Happy 4th of July to all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

^^ any color pa’s at a low rate would bring 100% attention back to the event or something similar, last years event already has more vanitys than this years which is weird the loot table just isnt there!

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

We'll save a recolored "Pa's" helm for a future event (it needs to be built differently in order to take color properly).
    | | | |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We'll save a recolored "Pa's" helm for a future event (it needs to be built differently in order to take color properly).
    This is what pocket legends needs, old vanity back(farmable event no tokens for rare vanity). Low drop chance, guaranteed active players. Believe in the process we can make money both ways no cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flambladom View Post
    This is what pocket legends needs, old vanity back(farmable event no tokens for rare vanity). Low drop chance, guaranteed active players. Believe in the process we can make money both ways no cap
    Lets not bring back old vanities and say we did.
    You should've gone for the head...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cinco the mad'lur respawns in gold dungeons are realy tough as hell.
    Alot 3k critical damages..cant deal with them.they kills so fast...