Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ranked Honor pvp kills not counting towards pvp kill aps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Default Ranked Honor pvp kills not counting towards pvp kill aps?

Why don't they count towards pvp kills ap? Will it be added later or? The pvp aps is the main reason I played pvp and I doubt normal pvp will be active now that ranked is here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Hel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I understand your point but they said on honor preview that Kills/Deaths wont count on our kdr

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

I'll let the devs jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but here's my understanding: The goal of ranked PvP is a little different than regular PvP. It's very much about the team effort, not individual contribution. So, we didn't want to encourage people rushing in the try and get the best # of kills. Instead, we want players to focus on putting their best foot forward to contributed to overall wins. Not just kills.

Hope this helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I'll let the devs jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, but here's my understanding: The goal of ranked PvP is a little different than regular PvP. It's very much about the team effort, not individual contribution. So, we didn't want to encourage people rushing in the try and get the best # of kills. Instead, we want players to focus on putting their best foot forward to contributed to overall wins. Not just kills.

Hope this helps!
    I guess that makes sense, any chance of adding new aps for the amount of wins in ranked then? It should of always been for wins instead of kills imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Honor pvp is full of players just checking it out and trying pvp. If kills/ deaths counted that would be discouraging new pvpers. Even ranked honor is full of people just doing it for the first time. Keep honor for fun and casual pvp.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Honor pvp is full of players just checking it out and trying pvp. If kills/ deaths counted that would be discouraging new pvpers. Even ranked honor is full of people just doing it for the first time. Keep honor for fun and casual pvp.
    +1

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

Hope this helps!
    wouldn't it be better to divide the kills and deaths among the team equally, regardless of who kills or dies? so there would be no competition, it would also be great to have a separate build for pvp honor, it takes a long time to find a match while we wait we play pve having to change several times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In my opinion they should let the kills be counted for the character pvp aps. There’s no real reason not to. People can’t dummy farm and if you do somehow play for kdr rather than working with the team then you might lose your own ratings if you play stupidly. I know some people might not care about their own rating but if you could add it when a player has reached a certain rank then that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk