Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kills in PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Kills in PVP

What do you think about people buying kills in PVP?
    I was doing my role as everyday in my guild, when a guy sent a message saying he payed X amount of gold for X amount of kills in PVP. Obviously the guy was kicked from the guild, but what do you think about that? Is there anything we can do with people that still do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Thats why im still asking dev if this kdr farming is illegal or legal. I said last its a cheat because if some one said sell my deaths for pvp it is like a cheat for someone lazy player who like to go big advantage to others for aps and also for the lb. Sory for my bad english

3. The Following User Says Thank You to snakeeyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

If this kdr farming is illegal i think it needs to reset all the kdr, so many player are obvious buying kdr and not also buying crating new account then he farm him self kdr to their another account. Look at so many kdr like tdm kill 100-1000 death 0-100 wow nice move just like a boot on pve 100000 kill but the death only 100 wow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snakeeyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Thats why im still asking dev if this kdr farming is illegal or legal. I said last its a cheat because if some one said sell my deaths for pvp it is like a cheat for someone lazy player who like to go big advantage to others for aps and also for the lb. Sory for my bad english
    I think dummy farming is bannable, but I'm not sure by what circumstances. Many players are farming kills/flags with an alt and no one has been banned by doing that? Imo paying for kills is totally useless and it doesn't make any sense to me.
    "Control is an illusion."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faotblack View Post
    I think dummy farming is bannable, but I'm not sure by what circumstances. Many players are farming kills/flags with an alt and no one has been banned by doing that? Imo paying for kills is totally useless and it doesn't make any sense to me.
    Yeah thats why pvp kdr is nonesense they manipulate their own kdr because its a big advantage on aps at lb. Hope dev can answer also at my thread if this legal or not?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snakeeyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I wanted to read many opinions because I'm not clear if this is illegal or not. From my point of view, it is something that should be taken in consideration because it's not fair that nowadays, people just get the achievement of 'Warmonger' for example, by just buying kills and farming kills with an alt. When years ago, people really put effort in getting those achievements by being an active PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Dummy farming has been going on for years. Yes, even years ago and everyone knew then. People used to target new players in windmoore, offering them gold to participate. Similar to people asking low levels or people with low gear to duel now.
    PvP players ruined PvP (not all I hasten to add) and blamed everything from awakenings to rich players. Just hope that the new PvP won't go down the same path.
    I remember trying PvP on a twink, getting into a twink guild was like getting into some kind of secret society by baptism of fire run by gangsters. If you joined a rival guild you were vilified and ganged. People took it all too seriously.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Dummy farming has been going on for years. Yes, even years ago and everyone knew then. People used to target new players in windmoore, offering them gold to participate. Similar to people asking low levels or people with low gear to duel now.
    PvP players ruined PvP (not all I hasten to add) and blamed everything from awakenings to rich players. Just hope that the new PvP won't go down the same path.
    I remember trying PvP on a twink, getting into a twink guild was like getting into some kind of secret society by baptism of fire run by gangsters. If you joined a rival guild you were vilified and ganged. People took it all too seriously.
    Lmaooo on me pvp back then was really kinda weird haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    If dev will aggree on "let the player pick their own team" i think it will happen again on new pvp. And i think it will happen again if you are rich and you paid for some one ruind the pvp again with farming/feeding for pvp lb.example sell i will ruined pvp for gold if the seller is your enemy on time on pvp. Sory for my bad english

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

And if you are a master of a guild and a officer i think a massage like ( sell kdr/buy kdr or i will sell my kdr deaths for gold ) can irritate your eye to read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

This is why I like the new random teams in ranked pvp, it's near impossible to cheat this way.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    What do you think about people buying kills in PVP?
    I was doing my role as everyday in my guild, when a guy sent a message saying he payed X amount of gold for X amount of kills in PVP. Obviously the guy was kicked from the guild, but what do you think about that? Is there anything we can do with people that still do that?
    It makes more sense than dummy farming to me. If STS keeps making new PvP modes while offering no other alternative to get the PvP APs, I'm sure people won't have much choice but to buy kills or dummy farm them. At least if you pay someone then you help someone with their finances, dummy farming doesn't help anyone.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Pretty sure people who agreed to be someone else's dummy knows exactly what they are doing and is capable of making their own choices you know? They find it as a way of making income (which seems legitimate to me because they had to offer their service in return), it helps both parties and is done absolutely no harm to the community. Can you tell me which party is being taken advantage of?

About dummy farming, don't get me wrong but you said it yourself, people have been doing this since the beginning (in which, by the way, has already been addressed with the removal of PvP leaderboards).

Now, some people choose to dummy farm only for the sake of APs. Can't blame them tbh, especially now that the PvP atmosphere has become so toxic.
    If you're so concerned about these APs then why not do what they did aswell and drop all this fuss? js

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Enraged; 07-06-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

At the end of the day it is all about honor ( even if many don't know the meaning :P ) i would not feel proud nor good if i got my kill this way, i am proud of my kills as much as my death, those death are there to prove that at least i have try hard and put some effort!!

A true Legend get his kill the hard way!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
    Pretty sure people who agreed to be someone else's dummy knows exactly what they are doing and is capable of making their own choices you know? They find it as a way of making income (which seems legitimate to me because they had to offer their service in return), it helps both parties and is done absolutely no harm to the community. Can you tell me which party is being taken advantage of?

About dummy farming, don't get me wrong but you said it yourself, people have been doing this since the beginning (in which, by the way, has already been addressed with the removal of PvP leaderboards).

Now, some people chose to dummy farm only for the sake of APs. Can't blame them tbh, especially now that the PvP atmosphere has become so toxic.
    If you're so concerned about these APs then why not do what they did aswell and drop all this fuss? js

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk
    My concern is "not fair". like for example, i create seasonal char. im a fair player hate boot cheat and of you said pvp is toxic because of that then how can be fair if im not doing that and the others can do that? Manipulating the kdr is like a cheat not exactly because dev didnt answer kdr farming is illegal or not. And if someone said helping the other to make rich is not good for kdr feed. My answer boot cam harm the community? Not but its a cheat thats why its illegal. Dont do illegal for fairness of the game. Also kdr farm not harm the community but 50/50 if its illegal or not. Only dev can answer. How about the other kdr farming without messaging and gold transact or trade do you think they did not trade it for real money? Rock on heaven the one who hits and react is guilty. Sory for my bad English. Hope investigate the account of the one who aggree for kdr farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    At the end of the day it is all about honor ( even if many don't know the meaning :P ) i would not feel proud nor good if i got my kill this way, i am proud of my kills as much as my death, those death are there to prove that at least i have try hard and put some effort!!

A true Legend get his kill the hard way!!!
    This is the example of fair and true and fair player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Dummy farm is allowed as long as you aren't paying gold for kills or botting. From what I have been told.

Common sense on this one, don't dummy farm in ranked pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Dummy farm is allowed as long as you aren't paying gold for kills or botting. From what I have been told.

Common sense on this one, don't dummy farm in ranked pvp.
    As you said paying gold for kdr is illegal, and not paying gold is legal. I saw someone post here so many account 10+ something lvl 3 they say they trade their gold to their main account after completing the quest they say its illegal. Compare it to creating an account to feed their main kdr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I think we need to wait for the dev answer, if old pvp is toxic remove pvp kdr aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

And if you are a master of a guild and a officer i think a massage like ( sell kdr/buy kdr or i will sell my kdr deaths for gold ) can irritate your eye to read.
    Yeah, it does, and for many reasons. That's why in my case I kicked the guy offering that.