Thread: Hardcore Mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Hardcore Mode

First off i want to say, Hardcore Mode is amazing and really fun. Its nice to grind with friends and do maps that involve teamwork. But sometimes, your friend(s) dont make it out of the map with you... Its very sad.. Especially when the player loses tons of progress and is unable to resurrect with plats. (No i didnt Die or lose major progress recently) So i was thinking... Just like a ordinary ankh, if you die in a map you can use a anhk and be alive again. Well maybe you guys at STS can implement a "Hardcore Ankh". Which can be crafted on your main and used on a dead HC toon. Obviously it shouldnt be the easy to craft. But it would be a great way to get people grinding and FTP players would have a chance to Resurrect their toon as well and continue their journey throughout Hardcore Arlor. I really hope you consider this idea. Thanks

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to *Live* For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Actually the plat resurrection thing doesn't have to exist in my opinion, because that's what it makes it hardcore mode. You die and that's it. I actually don't know any games in which hardcore characters can be resurrected.
    "Control is an illusion."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faotblack View Post
    Actually the plat resurrection thing doesn't have to exist in my opinion, because that's what it makes it hardcore mode. You die and that's it. I actually don't know any games in which hardcore characters can be resurrected.
    In case you were unaware, AL isn't those other games, nor like them, we have our own community with our own mechanics. +1 to a really hard to craft ankh, if you're going to give p2w a shot you might as well give f2p a shot, maybe cap how many they can use as well, the lb should be based on skill, not your wallet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shocan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    In case you were unaware, AL isn't those other games, nor like them, we have our own community with our own mechanics. +1 to a really hard to craft ankh, if you're going to give p2w a shot you might as well give f2p a shot, maybe cap how many they can use as well, the lb should be based on skill, not your wallet.
    I agree with you that AL is another game. I would say maybe change the plat resurrection with that ankh thing, because if you die, I don't think it has to be so easy to resurrect your character and play again. It must be harder, because this is what makes the game challenging and interesting.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

It doesn't sound bad to actually implement something for F2P players and give them another shot on their hardcore characters. After all the amount of plats required to revive the character is quite big and many times people happen to die in that mode due to lags.

+1 for this

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

+1 for sure, I know many people that have died to bugs and they were high level and the plat was a lot for them. I think that the hardcore ankh would be really helpful. But they should limit it, maybe one only person character so it’s not abused and ruins the whole point of HC

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Recently there are many bs suggestions from stupid people, but I didnt expect it from you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

I don’t like the plat rev either but I’ve seen people do that and come back. They help pay for the game.
    If there’s a free res sts loose a source of revenue.

I thought having a plat rev made hc mode less interesting, having that and a free rev (even if difficult to craft) would make this mode even less appealing and won’t help the devs.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

If you want a revive option play normal mode. Hardcore is fine the way it is, although im fine if they remove the plat revive thing.
    They made it to prevent crying ppl who spend plat to gain their spot in the lb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

-1 I dont think hardcore mode should be made any easier. If you die, make a new char and start again. The plat revive is alright, makes people finance the game a bit. But overall dont make death an option for hardcore mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

-1 hardcore is what it is. Whether plat revive or free revive, you still start from the beginging. Asking for a special kind of revive to continue the joruney is not hardcore anymore.

Only reason I see peeps complaining and suggesting this is to get an easy way up on seasonal hc lb now. smh...
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    -1 hardcore is what it is. Whether plat revive or free revive, you still start from the beginging. Asking for a special kind of revive to continue the joruney is not hardcore anymore.

Only reason I see peeps complaining and suggesting this is to get an easy way up on seasonal hc lb now. smh...
    Easy way? Who said that it has to be easy? We are talking about a craftable item, that will be hard to get and be bound.. probably. I'm actually against the resurrection thing in hardcore mode overall, but why not give it a try? I know that the plat resurrection won't be removed, so why not give the f2p players a chance?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faotblack View Post
    Easy way? Who said that it has to be easy? We are talking about a craftable item, that will be hard to get and be bound.. probably. I'm actually against the resurrection thing in hardcore mode overall, but why not give it a try? I know that the plat resurrection won't be removed, so why not give the f2p players a chance?
    A chance for what? and f2p can easily farm gold and buy plat eggs or/and do plat offers. Yes it is a bit harder and probably time consuming but its not imposiible. Those who spend their cash on game only get an advantage of the time spent on reviving and rightly so. The means to revive is already there set in place. We dont need an extra something to revive and especially for something to continue from where you died off as well which is not what hc is about whether its hard to craft or not.
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

If the hardcore anhks are craftable, they can make ingredients to be bought with plats as well. If all you so worried about devs making money, thats conpletely fine. Nothing they couldnt implement. Also no one said anything about starting off where u left off. Also it doesnt make it any "EASIER" In fact it would be much harder than someone that just pulls out their wallet to rez. I appreciate each and everyone of your feedback. Thank you all very much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Live* View Post
    If the hardcore anhks are craftable, they can make ingredients to be bought with plats as well. If all you so worried about devs making money, thats conpletely fine. Nothing they couldnt implement. Also no one said anything about starting off where u left off. Also it doesnt make it any "EASIER" In fact it would be much harder than someone that just pulls out their wallet to rez. I appreciate each and everyone of your feedback. Thank you all very much!

What I understood from your main post specifically "Resurrect their toon as well and continue their journey" is why I assumed you suggested for it to continue where it left off. Apologies for misreading lol >.< Big nab here.
    But I still think f2p can still enjoy the same benifits as p2w via plat eggs and offers. Your idea tho would be plausible if we didnt have any way of getting plats without spending. but thats just my opinion.
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Make Hardcore as Hardcore as possible, not the other way around.

Be grateful that the current plat revive option even exist. Adding more means to resurrect just shows you want to be rest assured, spoon fed.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1 remove plat revive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Make Hardcore as Hardcore as possible, not the other way around.

Be grateful that the current plat revive option even exist. Adding more means to resurrect just shows you want to be rest assured, spoon fed.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Be grateful? I dont need either form of rezzing. This is to help ftp. If you didnt fully read the post and other comments.