Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Hardcore Mode

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    114
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default Hardcore Mode

    First off i want to say, Hardcore Mode is amazing and really fun. Its nice to grind with friends and do maps that involve teamwork. But sometimes, your friend(s) dont make it out of the map with you... Its very sad.. Especially when the player loses tons of progress and is unable to resurrect with plats. (No i didnt Die or lose major progress recently) So i was thinking... Just like a ordinary ankh, if you die in a map you can use a anhk and be alive again. Well maybe you guys at STS can implement a "Hardcore Ankh". Which can be crafted on your main and used on a dead HC toon. Obviously it shouldnt be the easy to craft. But it would be a great way to get people grinding and FTP players would have a chance to Resurrect their toon as well and continue their journey throughout Hardcore Arlor. I really hope you consider this idea. Thanks

    Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to *Live* For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member Faotblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Z-city
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    203
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Actually the plat resurrection thing doesn't have to exist in my opinion, because that's what it makes it hardcore mode. You die and that's it. I actually don't know any games in which hardcore characters can be resurrected.
    "Control is an illusion"

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member Shocan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In the dreamscape waiting for players
    Posts
    1,343
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    25
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    182
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faotblack View Post
    Actually the plat resurrection thing doesn't have to exist in my opinion, because that's what it makes it hardcore mode. You die and that's it. I actually don't know any games in which hardcore characters can be resurrected.
    In case you were unaware, AL isn't those other games, nor like them, we have our own community with our own mechanics. +1 to a really hard to craft ankh, if you're going to give p2w a shot you might as well give f2p a shot, maybe cap how many they can use as well, the lb should be based on skill, not your wallet.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shocan For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Senior Member Faotblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Z-city
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    203
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    In case you were unaware, AL isn't those other games, nor like them, we have our own community with our own mechanics. +1 to a really hard to craft ankh, if you're going to give p2w a shot you might as well give f2p a shot, maybe cap how many they can use as well, the lb should be based on skill, not your wallet.
    I agree with you that AL is another game. I would say maybe change the plat resurrection with that ankh thing, because if you die, I don't think it has to be so easy to resurrect your character and play again. It must be harder, because this is what makes the game challenging and interesting.
    "Control is an illusion"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    818
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    190
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    309
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

    Default

    It doesn't sound bad to actually implement something for F2P players and give them another shot on their hardcore characters. After all the amount of plats required to revive the character is quite big and many times people happen to die in that mode due to lags.

    +1 for this

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  10. #6
    Member Nabkro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    +1 for sure, I know many people that have died to bugs and they were high level and the plat was a lot for them. I think that the hardcore ankh would be really helpful. But they should limit it, maybe one only person character so it’s not abused and ruins the whole point of HC

  11. #7
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    436
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    142
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Recently there are many bs suggestions from stupid people, but I didnt expect it from you

  12. #8
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cobear Nation
    Posts
    503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,518
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    424
    Thanked in
    197 Posts

    Default

    -1

    I don’t like the plat rev either but I’ve seen people do that and come back. They help pay for the game.
    If there’s a free res sts loose a source of revenue.

    I thought having a plat rev made hc mode less interesting, having that and a free rev (even if difficult to craft) would make this mode even less appealing and won’t help the devs.
    \m/,_______( >. < )_________,\m/
    Igns- Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue
    Hc xsuex

  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

    Default

    -1

    If you want a revive option play normal mode. Hardcore is fine the way it is, although im fine if they remove the plat revive thing.
    They made it to prevent crying ppl who spend plat to gain their spot in the lb.

  14. #10
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,325
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    915
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    496
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

    Default

    -1 I dont think hardcore mode should be made any easier. If you die, make a new char and start again. The plat revive is alright, makes people finance the game a bit. But overall dont make death an option for hardcore mode.

  15. #11
    Forum Adept Gaprisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    263
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    156
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    -1 hardcore is what it is. Whether plat revive or free revive, you still start from the beginging. Asking for a special kind of revive to continue the joruney is not hardcore anymore.

    Only reason I see peeps complaining and suggesting this is to get an easy way up on seasonal hc lb now. smh...
    meep meep

  16. #12
    Senior Member Faotblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Z-city
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    203
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    -1 hardcore is what it is. Whether plat revive or free revive, you still start from the beginging. Asking for a special kind of revive to continue the joruney is not hardcore anymore.

    Only reason I see peeps complaining and suggesting this is to get an easy way up on seasonal hc lb now. smh...
    Easy way? Who said that it has to be easy? We are talking about a craftable item, that will be hard to get and be bound.. probably. I'm actually against the resurrection thing in hardcore mode overall, but why not give it a try? I know that the plat resurrection won't be removed, so why not give the f2p players a chance?
    "Control is an illusion"

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Forum Adept Gaprisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    263
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    156
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faotblack View Post
    Easy way? Who said that it has to be easy? We are talking about a craftable item, that will be hard to get and be bound.. probably. I'm actually against the resurrection thing in hardcore mode overall, but why not give it a try? I know that the plat resurrection won't be removed, so why not give the f2p players a chance?
    A chance for what? and f2p can easily farm gold and buy plat eggs or/and do plat offers. Yes it is a bit harder and probably time consuming but its not imposiible. Those who spend their cash on game only get an advantage of the time spent on reviving and rightly so. The means to revive is already there set in place. We dont need an extra something to revive and especially for something to continue from where you died off as well which is not what hc is about whether its hard to craft or not.
    meep meep

  19. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    114
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    If the hardcore anhks are craftable, they can make ingredients to be bought with plats as well. If all you so worried about devs making money, thats conpletely fine. Nothing they couldnt implement. Also no one said anything about starting off where u left off. Also it doesnt make it any "EASIER" In fact it would be much harder than someone that just pulls out their wallet to rez. I appreciate each and everyone of your feedback. Thank you all very much!

    Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

  20. #15
    Forum Adept Gaprisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    378
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    263
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    156
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *Live* View Post
    If the hardcore anhks are craftable, they can make ingredients to be bought with plats as well. If all you so worried about devs making money, thats conpletely fine. Nothing they couldnt implement. Also no one said anything about starting off where u left off. Also it doesnt make it any "EASIER" In fact it would be much harder than someone that just pulls out their wallet to rez. I appreciate each and everyone of your feedback. Thank you all very much!

    Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk
    What I understood from your main post specifically "Resurrect their toon as well and continue their journey" is why I assumed you suggested for it to continue where it left off. Apologies for misreading lol >.< Big nab here.
    But I still think f2p can still enjoy the same benifits as p2w via plat eggs and offers. Your idea tho would be plausible if we didnt have any way of getting plats without spending. but thats just my opinion.
    meep meep

  21. #16
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

    Default

    Make Hardcore as Hardcore as possible, not the other way around.

    Be grateful that the current plat revive option even exist. Adding more means to resurrect just shows you want to be rest assured, spoon fed.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  22. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    +1 remove plat revive

  23. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    114
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    39
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Make Hardcore as Hardcore as possible, not the other way around.

    Be grateful that the current plat revive option even exist. Adding more means to resurrect just shows you want to be rest assured, spoon fed.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Be grateful? I dont need either form of rezzing. This is to help ftp. If you didnt fully read the post and other comments.

    Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Hardcore mode remove ankhs/auction aps and adding hardcore event lb
    By QuaseT in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2020, 03:12 AM
  2. Question About Hardcore Mode
    By Kaziscate in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-14-2018, 02:11 AM
  3. Question about hardcore mode
    By Mel030 in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2018, 06:35 AM
  4. Was Funny! Hardcore mode
    By Hercules in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-01-2018, 06:53 PM
  5. So uhm, hardcore mode,?!?!
    By Antispace in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-30-2018, 08:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •