Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need. Help. From. Over. 49. Level. Characters.

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This poor guy just wanted some help leveling and learning .-. Lol

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

IMO he just wants some help leveling. Whether he chooses to level the old fashioned way where you grind for hours to achieve your goal level, or he gets power leveled and skips the experience is completely his choice. Not for others to decide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post
    Before arguing the pros/cons of "power-leveling", it's probably best to define what this term means.

- Aikiebo's definition of power-leveling: higher level players training lower level players

- Just about everybody else's definition of power-leveling: higher level players blasting everything in sight and the lower level players just blindly follow and leech xp

So when Aikiebo argues that "power-leveling" is the best thing ever, take it to mean that it's great if lower level players can find higher level palyers to train them in the finer points of the game, and in the process gain xp as well.

When other say that "power-leveling" sux, take it to mean that lower level players just stand around and leech xp without any clue as to what's going on.

Carry on.
    I would argue that even while being power-leveled, you're seeing someone who presumably does know how to play, and watching them is a much better way of learning than having to level all the way to cap, then watching them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura:574494
    BUT there are elixirs to do so.

I assume you've heard of Blizzard's 3x xp for new recruits thing? I'm guessing SWTOR might do something along those lines when it has a cap of 80.
    Ok, just to clarify. Because, we do seem to be using different definitions of power leveling. Let me say, how I am using the term, ok?

Category A: Standard xp with no type of acceleration what so ever.

Category B: Anything, anything at all that accelerates xp to a rate faster than just the basic, normal rate.

This includes items or player assisted acceleration.

Items could be buffs, drinks, foods, equipment, something earned that devs of the game altered on your toon (like a special ability), etc.

Player assist could be where the high level is doing the killiing and low levels help, plain leaching, healing from outside the group or w/e else might work.

Category C: Various ways providing advanced training.

I think the only real controversy is in category B (other than does category c even belong here, yes, but its a small point, so idc.)

For the record: I support every possibility in all three categories. Except: for anything that violates the ToS of a game. That I will never, ever support. No exceptions.

I think some ways are better than others. For instance, I have said many times that plain leaching is the most useless form of power leveling (more on this in different post).

So, I just wanted to clarify for the record: When I am talking about power leveling - in general: the above is what I am referring to.

"How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

One question.
    WHY DO SO MANY PPL LIKE POWERLEVELING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    a few reasons why I don't like it:
    1 New players wont learn how to use skills properly or they won't learn their class' job
    2 You (person being power leveled) will have VERY few kills
    3 Whats the fun in a game if every level takes about 5-20 minutes?