Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need. Help. From. Over. 49. Level. Characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Need. Help. From. Over. 49. Level. Characters.

Hi,
    I am a new player. I was hoping I would get some people to help me lvl up. Basicly I am lvl 20.
    I am running Fathom Crypt - Mega Maze Mash-Up right now. My IGN is Hazbuz.
    I'd want atleast 1-2 helpers who are 50+ levels. So I need help for leveling and gaining money.
    My timezone is UTC +02:00. I also hope my helper has same timezone. But it if you dont you can still help me.

Please, send me a friend request and I invite you in my matches so you can help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Welcome to the forums! I am working on two of my alternate accounts ATM. A L38 bird, and a L15 bear. I'm hoping to get my bear to L30+ today.

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Don't beg to be power leveled.

The best way to learn and enjoy the game is to get to know your class by playing through it the whole game without power leveling. Learn all it's strengths, weaknesses, and limitations. By doing so, you're better preparing yourself for endgame play where most don't tolerate Inept players and will simply boot. you'll also be able to better play your character and be a greater asset to your team since you'll know when to combo, heal, or beckon/stomp, etc. (depending on your class of course).

In short, you're only selling yourself short by power leveling. It's like if you're with a girl (or boy for some of you guys out there, lol [jk]), and instead of going from first, second, etc. base, you just jump from 1-home. You'll essentially miss most of the fun because you pretty much just skipped over it. So, do yourself a favor and don't go for the home run just yet

-------AEO-------

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:572585

The best way to learn and enjoy the game is to get to know your class by playing through it the whole game without power leveling. Learn all it's strengths, weaknesses, and limitations. By doing so, you're better preparing yourself for endgame play where most don't tolerate Inept players and will simply boot. you'll also be able to better play your character and be a greater asset to your team since you'll know when to combo, heal, or beckon/stomp, etc. (depending on your class of course).

In short, you're only selling yourself short by power leveling. It's like if you're with a girl (or boy for some of you guys out there, lol [jk]), and instead of going from first, second, etc. base, you just jump from 1-home. You'll essentially miss most of the fun because you pretty much just skipped over it. So, do yourself a favor and don't go for the home run just yet
    Great example! XD

OP: What Necro said is true, not knowing your class well enough isnt tolerated in the higher levels. More than likely your just going to get booted. For example, say your class is a mage. People get extremely ticked off when mges dont know how to heal or revive, trust me. Happened to me once, the mage didnt ever put a single point in revive. So I had to boot because she obviously didnt know her class. I believe this was when I was lvl 58 though, back at Nuri's. So play your class a little, there are times when powerleveling is ok, now isnt.

STOP! DRAGON TIME!
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER EGGS!

PL: BUUBUUFTW, CHICKSTRIPPP, XXBUUBUUXX
    SL: BUUBUUFTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazbuz:572374
    Please, send me a friend request and I invite you in my matches so you can help.
    Hey, Hazbuz

Power leveling is a really, really great way to level up. If that is what you are asking for, the best way in this to do that is with elixirs. You can get to level 55 in a few hours if you are using 4x combos.

I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind, but if it simply fast leveling, power leveling is fine and the best way in this game is to use elixrs: 4x combo.

If you are not buying plat, try to get some free. Cuz, elixirs are really your best bet.

If you're not using elixirs, the people most likely to want to help is friends or guildies or people who are also power leveling at the same time you are. Of course, if you are working with friends or guildies, you might want to think about getting the xp-anywhere elixir.

You can ask for power leveling on the forums, that is perfectly ok to do. The forums are for everyone who plays Pocket Legends/STS games even if they don't power level or even if they do. So, there is no reason not to ask.

Nobody should beg for anything on the forums. It would be kinda rude. But, no need to worry. You weren't begging. Asking in the way you did is perfectly great.

A lot of people pay for power leveling, but, personally, I don't recommend that at all, but a lot of folks do it.

Some people don't like power leveling. That is their right to feel that way. But, the majority of players really enjoy it. So, if that is what you want to do, that is great.

If you have any other questions ask. But, if you get elixirs, you'll level fast!!
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post

yes, listen to necro. Play the game, have fun and learn your class. Please don't become a powerleveled noob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

He's not begging to be power leveled, he's asking for help. To all the forum police- there's a difference between the two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

To all forum trolls, I said don't, not STOP.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman:572716
    He's not begging to be power leveled, he's asking for help. To all the forum police- there's a difference between the two.
    Yes, there is a difference.

Also, what people need to understand,

Is that when someone resorts to name calling and bullying, they hurt the game and the forum. It also shows that they have no actual reason, logic, or substance to their point of view. So, they try to intimidate others into thinking like they do.

Power leveling is one of the best ways to level up. It is also one of the best ways to learn how to play the game. Power leveling is HUGELY popular. It is not only permitted: it is encouraged.

I believe that people who are curious or interested in power levelling should hear the pros and cons then make up their own minds.

But, resorting to bullying and name calling hurts the game in many ways. Only one of which, is it can start a lot of flaming on the forum and create hard feelings where there don't need to be and should not be.

If you don't want to power level, don't. Share your opinions, but just cause you don't have facts to back up your opinion, please do not resort to bullying or name calling.

Power leveling is a fantastic and fun way to play. And it is a huge draw to any game.

Be nice.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

To all who make absolutely no sense, is saying "don't beg" not the same as "stop begging"? You just made yourself look like an idiot bud. And if sticking up for someone makes me a troll, that doesn't seem fair. Pm me next time you have a problem with my posts so I don't have to embarrass you in front of everyone.

Edit- talking to necro, not the guy who just posted above me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to adidaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:572721
    To all forum trolls, I said don't, not STOP.
    Necro, I'm sorry, but what do you mean here? And, again, gotta be careful with the 'troll' word. There is no reason to get upset. This is a discussion.

NM, I now see what you mean. But, if you didn't think he was begging, why did you bring it up?, lol.

There is no reason to get upset.

Let's be nice.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 02-18-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Anyway, Haz, ignore the haters and add iamdaman. I'll help you (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Necro, I'm sorry, but what do you mean here? And, again, gotta be careful with the 'troll' word. There is no reason to get upset. This is a discussion.

NM, I now see what you mean. But, if you didn't think he was begging, why did you bring it up?, lol.

There is no reason to get upset.

Let's be nice.

Brought it up to save him the trouble of getting flamed later, especially when he's a higher level. Also, people dislike it even more when people come to the forums to ask for leveling, and especially if it's those first character.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post

I agree totally!
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mageprodigy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The best way to learn and enjoy the game is to get to know your class by playing through it the whole game without power leveling.
    You're wrong, Necro, this is not the best way to learn to play the game. Power leveling is much better. It is more fun, a billion times less boring, it brings people to a game and keeps them longer than slow leveling, and they become great players: they've had a better experience.

Most people are not slow-minded. It doesn't take them forever to learn how to do what are really basic moves.

The vast majority of players prefer fast leveling over slow leveling - It is the BEST way to learn how to play the game - and they are very smart to feel that way.

you're only selling yourself short by power leveling.
    Again, this is wrong: the oposite is true. People who are lucky enough and/or smart enough to power level have a much better experience.

That is just one reason why virtually every game out has power leveling. Power leveling is one of the biggests money makers for game developers available.

He wasn't begging. He was asking.

Don't be rude.

Thank you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    You're wrong, Necro, this is not the best way to learn to play the game. Power leveling is much better. It is more fun, a billion times less boring, it brings people to a game and keeps them longer than slow leveling, and they become great players: they've had a better experience.

Most people are not slow-minded. It doesn't take them forever to learn how to do what are really basic moves.

The vast majority of players prefer fast leveling over slow leveling - It is the BEST way to learn how to play the game - and they are very smart to feel that way.

Again, this is wrong: the oposite is true. People who are lucky enough and/or smart enough to power level have a much better experience.

That is just one reason why virtually every game out has power leveling. Power leveling is one of the biggests money makers for game developers available.

He wasn't begging. He was asking.

Don't be rude.

Thank you.

I really hope you're being sarcastic...lol. No, power leveling- especially if it's your first time- will make you a noob later on. Don't believe me? Explain why bears at end game levels have no idea how to keep (or even understand the definition) of aggro, or crowd control. Explain why mages who are power levelled don't know how to support (heal, buff, rez) at end game levels. I played with a level 65 mage yesterday who didn't revive anyone. Any mage who took their time to learn their class would know that their team comes before them. hence the meaning "support."

I wasn't power levelled when I started playing a bear. I learned my class eventually, on my own. Which is why I'm probably better than most bears who either 4xed to end-game levels, or were power levelled.

To reiterate, power levelling does not make you a more experienced player. Quite the contrary, in fact.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hankomachos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:572837
    Brought it up to save him the trouble of getting flamed later
    This just cracks me up. If someone spends a huge amount of time going around bossing people around. Acting like they were some kind of mall cop 'enforcing rules' and trying to make others think that their OPINION was more important then everyone else's, wouldn't that make that person really weirdly arrogant?

And then, if that person, when ever he had the wim to do so, tried to make other people feel like they had to follow the rules, but he didn't. I mean, everyone ELSE has to follow the rules, but not our wanna be mall cop!! He can break the rules anytime he wants. Wouldn't that make him a hypocrite?

Power leveling is not only a great idea, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. If someone doesn't like power leveling, they don't get to flame people who do. People who don't like power leveling are in a teany, tiny minority.

Power leveling is encouraged. Flaming is against the rules. No one has the right to flame others. Any good mall cop should know that.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

@aikiebo- you're my new favorite person. Standing up against the status quo and voicing your opinion no matter what people say is what I'm all about.

Anyway, the point of this whole thing is think before you talk. Why do people act like their opinion is god, and nobody else is allowed to have a contradicting opinion? Is it really any if your business, to the police, whether he is power leveled or leveled on his own? How would it affect you in any way, other than affecting your "everybody must do it the right way" attitudes? Ok I got my point out.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to adidaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Also, people dislike it even more when people come to the forums to ask for leveling
    Players can and should come to the forums anytime they want when they need help. No one should beg for ANYTHING. But, if someone needs help leveling, they should come here. If someone doesn't want to help, that's fine. But, they shouldn't resort to trolling.*

especially if it's those first character.
    It doesn't matter if it is their first character. In fact, power leveling your first character is a great idea. Just like power leveling any other character a player might make is a good idea.

The only people who should be advised not to power level are the ones that are really slow to learn. That they have to repeat the same action over and over and over again, 63,000 times to get to level 55. Because the only way they can learn is by repeating it that many times. But..... even then, if they want to have fun, now that I think about it, power leveling would be a good idea for even them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Thanks, adidaman, very kind words.

When people start a yacking about power leveling, everything they say boils down to:

1. Is power leveling a FANTASTIC way to play the game?

2. Does it hurt the game/forum when the tiny minority who don't like power leveling get to insult and TO TRY TO INTIMIDATE others into behaving in a way they aprove of?

The answer to both questions, is of course yes.

But since they are two different issues, that is one reason it can be a bit hard to discuss the subject.