Thread: Stash Sorting Function, Mini-Map Icons and Friends List Improvements

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default Stash Sorting Function, Mini-Map Icons and Friends List Improvements

Hello,

These are some minor gameplay issues that, I feel, needs to be polished:

Definition:
    1. Stash Sorting Function - Organize items in alphabetical order, level (descending/ascending), color (rarity), relevance (relative to build), item type, etc.
    2. Friends List Improvements - Organize friends alphabetically or level (descending/ascending), and removal of auto-sort.
    3. Mini-Map Improvements - Dynamic enemy icons and Ability to assign colors to other players.

Mechanic:

On Stash Sorting Function...
    As the definition says, it is a player's ability to sort his items based on his/her liking. This makes "stashing" less of a chore especially to those who have invested platinum to upgrade their stash slots significantly.

On Friends List Improvements...
    Being able to sort your friends is very helpful. I would like to believe that there are more players who accept friends with minimal discretion, so it's common for an average player to have hundreds of friends and half of them aren't really their "friends". The reason for this is because a lot of players do not really put weight on who their friends are in-game as far as social bonds is concerned, but more on the gameplay benefit of being able to join/invite their "friends" as needed, basically, the more the better.

In relation to what I just stated, It will be more convenient as well if the game removes the auto-sorting of friends (versus manual sorting) in the friends list. A lot of people will agree with me that it's annoying when you're trying to look for a friend to chat/join/invite then just when you're about to click, the list auto-sorts which results to a player clicking on the wrong person, it's not a game breaker but it's definitely annoying. So it's not uncommon when you invite the wrong person, join a wrong game, and even send wrong messages.

On Mini-Map Improvements...
    I believe it will be really convenient if a player can choose what color to tag different people. Currently, the game auto-tags the color to blue as "players" in an instance, and purple (pink?) to friends. It's decent enough since you'll be able to discern who your friends are. To improve this current mechanic, what I'm suggesting is that in your friends list, you can assign specific colors to your friends, guild mates, guild master, officers, ambassadors, devs and even "ignored" players, and will appear as such when you pull up your mini-map. This is a minor change that can generate tons of convenience.

When it comes to enemy icons, it will be really awesome to know what type of enemy you'll be up against before you even engage. Different icon color for melee enemies (red?), long-range enemies (green?), and mini-boss/boss (black?). Again, it's a minor change, but very helpful especially to those who have very steep learning curves in dungeon mastery.

There you go, feel free to share your opinions. Thank you.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 02-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I love 1 and 2 but i'm pretty sure 3 would make the game lag a tad bit wouldn't it? O_o
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yea great ideas

PL: masterbearer lvl 65
    Golden Legends Girl
    Have any questions about Golden legends? Send me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Thought friends list was alphabetical already

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Friends list is alphabetical and sorted from to online and offline. Are you asking for the option of alphabetical or by level?

Stash funtionality has been mentioned dozens of times and I'm still on board with that one. Inventory is sorted by color then level so why not stash. Stash doesn't even stay in the order you place item into, it's as random as the drop system.

As for the mini map colors, I cannot see any real reason for that one. Adding someone as a friend already distinguished them as a different color from the other party members so that should be enough. Maybe one other color for players on the ignore list, so you can know you cannot hear them if you decide to stay in an instance with them as sometimes you don't notice them from ign alone.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 02-19-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Friends list is alphabetical and sorted from to online and offline. Are you asking for the option of alphabetical or by level?

Stash funtionality has been mentioned dozens of times and I'm still on board with that one. Inventory is sorted by color then level so why not stash. Stash doesn't even stay in the order you place item into, it's as random as the drop system.

As for the mini map colors, I cannot see any real reason for that one. Adding someone as a friend already distinguished them as a different color from the other party members so that should be enough. Maybe one other color for players on the ignore list, so you can know you cannot hear them if you decide to stay in an instance with them as sometimes you don't notice them from ign alone.
    Apologies for re-posting same suggestion on stash. For the mini map colors, It's not really a matter of necessity, you're correct, the current one serves its purpose well. Being a lover of customization, it's not really the color (perse) that matters, it's more on the player's ability to customize. There are many games out there that have customization that have no logical reason to it but it's there, again, it's definitely not "needed".

For the Friends List, what I was suggesting was that the auto-sorting be removed (or at least there's an option that it can be removed) and let the players manually sort them based on their liking (alphabetical, level, class) and a search function would not be bad as well especially when you're trying to look for specific people. I don't think it will be such a chore to tap one or two more additional buttons for this. This is because auto-sorting tends to cause annoyances on specific instances as what I've stated in my main post. Thanks for your feedback.