Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How booty economy time line works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Ehhhh..... no.
    well i don't have anything to say than
    hope u have a great day ahead .

just so u know the new player or the low level player aren't complaining in forum is because they don't really know that this place exist .. if they had knew ,am sure u wouldve got more complains than compliment .. i myself started to see forum when i was max level and wanted to see whats coming next .. before i didnt event cared abt the forum. all i cared abt is that i have to be max level thats all . this goes for all the player who arent max level rn .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kulldeepboro View Post
    well i don't have anything to say than
    hope u have a great day ahead .

just so u know the new player or the low level player aren't complaining in forum is because they don't really know that this place exist .. if they had knew ,am sure u wouldve got more complains than compliment .. i myself started to see forum when i was max level and wanted to see whats coming next .. before i didnt event cared abt the forum. all i cared abt is that i have to be max level thats all . this goes for all the player who arent max level rn .
    Sorry inflation is bad for game. -1

At Elite Shuyal, trying to loot a Ker'shal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

God, make me patient as Cinco when I grow up.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuties For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    From past experience. <Event is doing great right now, nothing needs changed. Stop asking for gold buffs. Just farm and have fun, not everything is easy and fast.>
    1) Items are cheap and people want booty.
    2) Booty is out and drops good gold + is good for new players.
    3) People whine and cry waa waa I am lazy and this event doesn't drop 1mil per run booty should only be gl based for rich people.
    4) Sts buff booty drops and make it harder.
    5) Older payers are happy and making a ton of gold.
    6) Booty ends.
    7) Item prices go up outrageously to keep in sync with the amout of gold in game.
    8) People cry and whine again waaa waa items cost too much and make bs excuses like "How are new players supposed to afford these?"

See what I am saying? People cry that booty is for poor and rich people since it isn't gold loot based anymore, but people want it to be only gold loot based for rich people with high gl. Yet items rise in price and the excuse of "How are poor people supposed to afford these items?" comes into play..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    +1 got to agree with encrypt here, if gold was biffed people would be crying that all the richer people are making too much gold that’s just how it is, plane and simple, just enjoy that gold can be farmed in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avaunt View Post
    I know for sure 100% if they make the drops like 30k it's a win2 for everyone and it won't cause inflation.
    My brain died. I'm amazed by how cinco is actually reading and replying to these comments.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuties View Post
    God, make me patient as Cinco when I grow up.
    Lmfao Ikr. Mad respect to Cinco. If I was the Dev of the game and people were whining (to this level), I would probably delete their in game character

I'm already a grown up and I want to be patient as Cinco when I grow up.
    Last edited by EpicX; 07-10-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

For evg, 30k per run is fine as its the RESULT of high gold loot with at least 800gl, its not a FIXED drop of 30k per 0%gl.

For pirate booty however, if you are suggesting 30k as base gold, it would definitely cause SERIOUS inflation as not only the newer player gets 1.8m/hour, the richer players with at least 500gl will be getting 9m/hour. If everyone farmed for 5 hours/day = 10m/day or 45m/day. For 2 weeks that's 140m for all new players and 630m++ for the richer players.

Let that sink in for a second.

Encryption did made a point about inflation tho he didn't really illustrate why the prices of items will rise in sync with the amount of gold in game. Gold gives people purchasing power, hence creating demand for many items in game. If supply of most items remains intact, very quickly items will run out as many people are "rich" now. For events that increases supply of items in game like eggsavier, eggs prices fall like crazy due to large supply of eggs (instead of gold) as there's not enough demand to meet supply in a short span of time. To put in contrast, events like eggsavier doesn't affect the main economy of the game aka Gold coins while the proposed 30k base gold pirate booty will affect the gold economy and hence the overall economy health of the game significantly.

Now the question is can we increase the base gold drop to a "fair amount"?

Let's say instead of 30k, sts increased the base drop to 5k per run, and depending on the gold loot you have, for example 500%gl, you get 25k+ per run only if you have this high gold loot or higher. I tested in evg the gold drop for 650gl is consistently about 22k/boss, which doesn't make it too much difference from evg but slightly better and arguably more worthwhile to run event. With minimum 5 hours farming/day, and approximately 1min per run, this means in 2 weeks newer players who are willing to grind will have at least 15-21m (depending on how fast they compete one run) and the richer will have 105m++ in 2 weeks.

And will this amount of gold still cause inflation?

The answer is probably yes but to what degree we don't really know as it really depends if the inflation caused by increased gold in the game is just enough to be offset by supply from haste speed sets from goblin event, eggsaviers, amount of new loots coming from locks opening, as well as how much gold has been sinked due to awakening event and previous events.

And for how long will it take for the prices to fall back to their "normal prices" should inflation really became significant? Probably a year+ of new supply of items to sink that gold.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    For evg, 30k per run is fine as its the RESULT of high gold loot with at least 800gl, its not a FIXED drop of 30k per 0%gl.

For pirate booty however, if you are suggesting 30k as base gold, it would definitely cause SERIOUS inflation as not only the newer player gets 1.8m/hour, the richer players with at least 500gl will be getting 9m/hour. If everyone farmed for 5 hours/day = 10m/day or 45m/day. For 2 weeks that's 140m for all new players and 630m++ for the richer players.

Encryption did made a point about inflation tho he didn't really illustrate why the prices of items will rise in sync with the amount of gold in game. Gold gives people purchasing power, hence creating demand for many items in game. If supply of most items remains intact, very quickly items will run out as many people are "rich" now. For events that increases supply of items in game like eggsavier, eggs prices fall like crazy due to large supply of eggs (instead of gold) as there's not enough demand to meet supply in a short span of time. To put in contrast, events like eggsavier doesn't affect the main economy of the game aka Gold coins while the proposed 30k base gold pirate booty will affect the gold economy and hence the overall economy health of the game significantly.

Let's say instead of 30k, sts increased the base drop to 5k per run, and depending on the gold loot you have, for example 500%gl, you get 25k+ per run only if you have this high gold loot or higher. I tested in evg the gold drop for 650gl is consistently about 22k/boss, which doesn't make it too much difference from evg but slightly better and arguably more worthwhile to run event. With minimum 5 hours farming/day, and approximately 1min per run, this means in 2 weeks newer players who are willing to grind will have at least 15-21m (depending on how fast they compete one run) and the richer will have 105m++ in 2 weeks.

The answer is probably yes but to what degree we don't really know as it really depends if the inflation caused by increased gold in the game is just enough to be offset by supply from haste speed sets from goblin event, eggsaviers, amount of new loots coming from locks opening, as well as how much gold has been sinked due to awakening event and previous events.

And for how long will it take for the prices to fall back to their "normal prices" should inflation really became significant? Probably a year+ of new supply of items to sink that gold.
    Username checks out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post

U wrote a whole novel, I'll read the first 2 paragraph only, and if u haven't read, i wrote 30k base drop UNAFFECTED by gold loot. + cinco said maybe they gon be dropping cap crates next week, its fair enough.

Sent from my CPH2083 using Tapatalk

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avaunt View Post
    U wrote a whole novel, I'll read the first 2 paragraph only, and if u haven't read, i wrote 30k base drop UNAFFECTED by gold loot. + cinco said maybe they gon be dropping cap crates next week, its fair enough.

read his second line then lol, he has given an argument for the unaffected with gl i.e. base gold= 140m gold for new playes and thats with 5 hours of gameplay(something tells me you didn't actually read)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EpicX View Post
    read his second line then lol, he has given an argument for the unaffected with gl i.e. base gold= 140m gold for new playes and thats with 5 hours of gameplay(something tells me you didn't actually read)
    Oh mb I only read the first par, and I'm not gonna argue no more its useless cus cinco alrd answered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I wish the complainers had the same energy & determination to farm the event like when they complain, it'll do wonders lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Going to bump this so more people see. This thread was made before booty week 2.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This thread explains everything.. People were crying and complaining to Devs that they want more gold drops from booty and were never satisfied.. They finally buffed booty and people already looted a lot of gold as quoted by Cinco earlier.. Now the people are again crying cos prices of items are increasing.. Duh this was bound to happen.. And the house party event was like a cherry on top.. I just don't understand the hypocrisy of people here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklips View Post
    This thread explains everything.. People were crying and complaining to Devs that they want more gold drops from booty and were never satisfied.. They finally buffed booty and people already looted a lot of gold as quoted by Cinco earlier.. Now the people are again crying cos prices of items are increasing.. Duh this was bound to happen.. And the house party event was like a cherry on top.. I just don't understand the hypocrisy of people here
    And you never will understand, I just hope they don’t bring that event back.

But of course these same exact people will complain to STS “where’s Pirate event” and so the never ending cycle continues of inflation to the point where gold will simply become worthless. Then STS would have to increase the gold cap and so on.

I just hope they either nerf gold loot, eliminate it completely, or simply add multiple gold sinks. Or combine the 3 at this point.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    And you never will understand, I just hope they don’t bring that event back.

But of course these same exact people will complain to STS “where’s Pirate event” and so the never ending cycle continues of inflation to the point where gold will simply become worthless. Then STS would have to increase the gold cap and so on.

I just hope they either nerf gold loot, eliminate it completely, or simply add multiple gold sinks. Or combine the 3 at this point.

True.. This same people who are now crying about price rise will again complain next year if Pirate booty doesn't happen.. Tbh I also liked booty when it first came but than it had a huge impact on the economy so its better if it doesn't come anymore.. Also I agree with the nerf on gold loot and a major gold sink.. Gold loot is the one which is causing maximum inflation right now