Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Booty Is Fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Pirate Booty Is Fine

As the title suggests, the Pirate Booty event is fine as it is. If the event was like this at the start, nobody would complain, but unfortunately it wasn't so people have this expectation of making game-breaking amounts of gold. While it's an event meant for making gold, it's clear that it's meant for everybody to make gold, not only those that have insane amounts of gold loot. The event may not give out amounts on par with elite valley gates, deep marsh, or the previous version of the event, but the gold that you loot from event is supplemental to the gold you can make from opening/selling the chests you buy with the event tokens.

Here's some numbers to give you an idea of how much gold can be made from this event from my experience as an endgame player with arcane gear:

It takes me about 1 minute to complete each run.
    After 5-6 runs (with 100% re-roll), I can buy the 200 token chest.
    I can reach 50 legendary chests around 4-5 hours. (250-300 runs)
    Assuming each chest is 40k in auction, that's a 37900 gold profit per chest with 12h listing fee.
    In total, I can make 1.895m in 4-5 hours from just chests alone.

Each run gives me between 2k-13k with 470 gl. Let's assume that's an average of 7.5k per run.
    After those 4-5 hours of farming chests, that's 1.875m-2.25m of gold farmed.

In total, that's 3.77m-4.125m.
    Lower-leveled players might take a bit longer to do runs and get tokens at a much slower rate, but they still can make a million from this event, which is actually a lot of gold for newer players.

I know that sounds like a terrible amount when compared to deep marsh or elite valley gates, but take into consideration of someone that doesn't have gold loot. It can be difficult to make gold when you don't have gold loot. They still can make a million or two from opening/selling those chests. Also take into consideration the newer/lower-level players. They can't even run elite valley gates or deep marsh, so where else are they gonna get their gold from?

There's also the 2020 arcanite recipe chests you can sell too.

Here is the TL;DR:
    Event is fine and doesn't need to be adjusted.
    You can make gold at a pretty good rate if you don't have gold loot.
    Some people running event probably can't even run deep marsh or elite valley gates.
    Not everything has to be about gold loot.

If you aren't happy with how much gold you're making from the event, you can still farm elite valley gates or deep marsh instead. If neither are those are active, then you can farm event while you wait for those to open to keep that cash flow going. For me, I really don't care if I don't make that much gold from this event, I just find opening the chests and seeing if i can get 250k from it to be pretty fun.

One last thing, I've noticed this attitude lately where people have this expectation of getting special treatment and looting tons of gold because they put a lot of effort into getting their gold loot. I understand that lots of effort was put into getting that gold loot, but expectations need to be lowered. If you're disappointed that event doesn't give 30k per run, farm elite valley gates or deep marsh instead like I said earlier.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 07-11-2020 at 02:48 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also low lvs and some high lvs dont have good gl, so we are doomed xv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

LMAO 1 min to complete a run. My mage took 5 min to complete a run and rogue lvl 48 took 20min to complete an run

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potatogod View Post
    LMAO 1 min to complete a run. My mage took 5 min to complete a run and rogue lvl 48 took 20min to complete an run
    I'm at endgame level and using a mire helm/armor ,legend staff, magnate malidion, and a 71 untradable arc ring, lucky relic. I complete a map within 1 and a half minute. Maybe you're using skills wrong. Try to use charged gale during the third wave's start to push away the mobs and use meteorite ultimate on the boss.

Oh, and also, use those damage and luck elixirs, it helps!
    Last edited by EpicX; 07-11-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im not complaining about my mage acc but im complaining about my rogue acc i did 20 min full with legendary gear for 1 lvl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Im not complaining about my mage acc but im complaining about my rogue acc i did 20 min full with legendary gear for 1 lvl
    On a level 1 character try opening a heroic pet and slotting venim in the aa. Might insts kill enemies since a lv 1 heroic does 70 damage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    On a level 1 character try opening a heroic pet and slotting venim in the aa. Might insts kill enemies since a lv 1 heroic does 70 damage.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    As Encryptions said you need hero pet with hero AA to shred on a lev 1. I can easily do it on each class lev 1 with that pet. On wave 2 run around and get aggro as pet kills. A level 2 works better with same pet setup, elondrian weapon, and an aoe skill. Use AA for wave 1 and 3. Wave 2 is the hard one but with hero pet, AOE skill and if elo procs youll shred it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I suggest making another character, leveling it up to 16 and farming event with that character. I have no idea why they made event so difficult for the mid-levels and easy for the other levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

LMAO heroic pet lvl 1 isn't that not a little bit wasted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

LMAO heroic pet lvl 1 isn't that not a little bit wasted
    Heroic pet only costs like 200k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's 400k and i just made a new character slot and lvl up it to lvl15 and that's really insane how fast i can clear that lvl. I can 1 shot the first wave pirates but need to 2 shot the second wave but that's insane now first i thought it isnt worth getting an heroic pet for this event now i played this and im gonna save some gold for a heroic pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    As the title suggests, the Pirate Booty event is fine as it is. If the event was like this at the start, nobody would complain, but unfortunately it wasn't so people have this expectation of making game-breaking amounts of gold. While it's an event meant for making gold, it's clear that it's meant for everybody to make gold, not only those that have insane amounts of gold loot. The event may not give out amounts on par with elite valley gates, deep marsh, or the previous version of the event, but the gold that you loot from event is supplemental to the gold you can make from opening/selling the chests you buy with the event tokens.

Here's some numbers to give you an idea of how much gold can be made from this event from my experience as an endgame player with arcane gear:

It takes me about 1 minute to complete each run.
    After 5-6 runs (with 100% re-roll), I can buy the 200 token chest.
    I can reach 50 legendary chests around 4-5 hours. (250-300 runs)
    Assuming each chest is 40k in auction, that's a 37900 gold profit per chest with 12h listing fee.
    In total, I can make 1.895m in 4-5 hours from just chests alone.

Each run gives me between 2k-13k with 470 gl. Let's assume that's an average of 7.5k per run.
    After those 4-5 hours of farming chests, that's 1.875m-2.25m of gold farmed.

In total, that's 3.77m-4.125m.
    Lower-leveled players might take a bit longer to do runs and get tokens at a much slower rate, but they still can make a million from this event, which is actually a lot of gold for newer players.

I know that sounds like a terrible amount when compared to deep marsh or elite valley gates, but take into consideration of someone that doesn't have gold loot. It can be difficult to make gold when you don't have gold loot. They still can make a million or two from opening/selling those chests. Also take into consideration the newer/lower-level players. They can't even run elite valley gates or deep marsh, so where else are they gonna get their gold from?

There's also the 2020 arcanite recipe chests you can sell too.

Here is the TL;DR:
    Event is fine and doesn't need to be adjusted.
    You can make gold at a pretty good rate if you don't have gold loot.
    Some people running event probably can't even run deep marsh or elite valley gates.
    Not everything has to be about gold loot.

If you aren't happy with how much gold you're making from the event, you can still farm elite valley gates or deep marsh instead. If neither are those are active, then you can farm event while you wait for those to open to keep that cash flow going. For me, I really don't care if I don't make that much gold from this event, I just find opening the chests and seeing if i can get 250k from it to be pretty fun.

One last thing, I've noticed this attitude lately where people have this expectation of getting special treatment and looting tons of gold because they put a lot of effort into getting their gold loot. I understand that lots of effort was put into getting that gold loot, but expectations need to be lowered. If you're disappointed that event doesn't give 30k per run, farm elite valley gates or deep marsh instead like I said earlier.

So, you are an endgame (level 76?) player with ARCANE gear. Have you tried to grind the event with just legendary gear or mixed gear with a legendary weapon, maybe one or two mire items, one or two mythic items and no artifact ???? I have only been playing a total time of 5 months and have been focusing mostly on leveling up level 76 rogue, 76 mage, and 55 warrior and learning how to best use my skills and skill points. I’ve started farming for gold to get better gear two months ago and it’s going VERY SLOW. I’m sure that there are many new and poor-middle class (in game financial status) players in the same situation as me who only have legendary and maybe one or two set and/or mythic items and no artifact yet, and even more players that don’t even have a level 76 yet. At lower levels, it does not make sense to buy OP/expensive gear as it’s better to save gold for end game arcane gear. With that said, on my rogue and mage, I can barely finish wave three with 1-2 booty crates still up, it takes 2-3 minutes to complete the map, and I’m using a ridiculous amount of health and mana potions on auto because of the amount of health and damage of the mobs and boss. I’m spending about 1/4th of the gold I’m looting on those potions.

I’m also curious if you have tried to play the event with a lower level character in legendary gear. I’ve played the event with a level 30 warrior and a level 55 warrior. The level 30 has all legendary gear and boffins arti. I can get past wave one in about 3 minutes with two booty crates left, once I get to wave two the mobs go down even slower-about 5 minutes. For the third wave, I can not make a dent in the bosses health at all, nor can I kill any single mob. I spent 10 minutes on wave three, no single mob killed, no dent in the bosses health, and mobs health were down about 1/10 of the way. In total, I wasted almost TWENTY MINUTES on a map I could not finish. The 55 warrior has all legendary gear with no arti and a mythic weapon. I have +5 fury jewels in all slots of all the legendaries and mythic weapon. I could not even get past wave one! The health and damage of the mobs were way too high for my warrior to handle. I had a very hard time taunting them to me, by the time I had them all two boxes were down. I could only get their health down about 1/3 of the way in ten minutes with not one single mob killed. Of course, I did not want to waste anymore time knowing that if I couldn’t get past the first wave I would not finish the map just like on my level 30 warrior.

I find that most of the complaints are not just about the amount of gold, but they are about the fact that the maps are much harder, especially since we have to SOLO them. It would not be so bad in a PT. Lower levels can’t even finish the map, making the event useless to them, which is extremely unfair to those players who do not have a level 76. I find that a lot of people are just asking STS to scale the mobs and the boss better so that they can actually finish the map in a fair amount of time (1-3 minutes).

MAJORITY of AL players who have a level 76 DO NOT have arcane gear/ weapons yet and are not OP to be able to finish the map in one minute like you can. I’m glad that you and other maxed out players with arcane gear are happy with the event, but what about the rest of the community? I was under the impression that this was suppposed to be the one event that would help new and not so great players get gold in order to be able to buy better gear to play harder/endgame/elite maps and join in PTs without getting left behind, kicked from PT, or everybody leaving the map. If more o,Ayers had the ability to have arcane items at end game, end game content would be much more enjoyable and fun for everybody and more people would be running those maps.
    Last edited by Xbellatrixxx; 07-12-2020 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I thought (because someone told me) that the event was fine for lower levels and high levels alike.
    Turned out I was wrong. I tried the event on a level 30 and a level 54.
    They both didn't stand a chance. I did manage eventually to get through a couple of times on the level 54 using breeze but it wasn't worth it.
    I was also struck by how different it felt running solo. Doesn't seem like a proper event somehow being alone there.
    I don't understand why anyone can say this is a good event. It's boring, there's no fun to it and standing in a circle waiting for the waves is a bit weird when you're the only one there.
    Once more, new players have been left out. Before anyone says, "but what about eggzavier event, that was good". No it wasn't. Not many low levels could tackle eggzavier either. Ok..eggs are cheap but game events should be about having fun and not just for the well geared and endgame players.
    You're all welcome to shout me down by the way. I'm used to it by now.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

P.S. Those who say, get a heroic pet etc..go and make a new character on a different account. One that you can't go dipping into your main's stash and try it. Oh and don't forget to do three story quests for your permit. You'll have to do quite a few more to get enough tokens to slot a pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    P.S. Those who say, get a heroic pet etc..go and make a new character on a different account. One that you can't go dipping into your main's stash and try it. Oh and don't forget to do three story quests for your permit. You'll have to do quite a few more to get enough tokens to slot a pet.
    Some thing called character slots and red eggs.
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  243.3 KBName:  1.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  180.4 KB
    Last edited by Encryptions; 07-12-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

This event is good, because not energy event.(not need to spend extra time to farming and crafting energy )
    You can play there if other maps like deep marsh or vardan valley portals is close.
    You can play relax when you drinking your coffee and little something dropping every run.
    I don’t know about the low lvl players, but event like this gives them motivation to lvl up faster in order to play next events better.(is so hard to be lvl 1 because in 4 hours game you can be 40 lvl)
    I think the name EVENT make other confusing about the gl and drops.
    Maybe next pirate boooty and other not energy events, to rename them like: pirate booty week, pirate booty festival and others names.
    Bellatrix , me I start playing not before 5 months, but more than 5 years. You can’t make 3 type of characters strong and high lvl. I abandon my other 2 characters lvl 63 and 73, I sell all my gear from them , and I make 1 only strong.
    You so curious about what kaziscate have tried, you forget to asked him how was the game when lvl cap was 66,46,41 .
    This days the most arcane and mythic items and pet is super cheap and all people complain about everything.
    Because you focus in wrong direction, it’s not other people fault.
    Working hard in every event gives you profit. If you lazy you get what you give.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Focus in reality is always the best path.
    If you not have gl, you must not complain about it, first need to put priority’s.
    1) oh pirate booty event start and don’t have gl => np I focus in tokens! I sell or open chests
    2) deep marsh is open and I’m not strong to kill all enemies => np I stay alive, and I will profit from drops
    3) vardan valley portals is open, but I’m not strong => Np I go and I die trying till learn how others play, and any drop is super
    4) all others have great looking vanitys, but I don’t have => np I forgot about vanity’s and I will focus to buy gear Or gems to be stronger
    When you strong to survive and play good in maps, then you can focus in the secondary: vanity’s, gl,luck,more pets.
    People with arcane (maybe expensive) gears, they not find them by luck , they pay for them (maybe more than the price now).
    They pay with gold from playing game, or with platinum.
    When you pay with platinum, you need first to have the MONEY. To have the money you must WORK.
    Anyone can spend the money from his personal work to anything . Is very bad to be judged for that.
    Judge the ones who spend their money to buy drugs !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Some thing called character slots and red eggs.
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  243.3 KBName:  1.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  180.4 KB
    So how do you purchase these red eggs if you are new to the game and don't have a permit yet? Plus, opening red eggs doesn't guarantee you get what you want even if you could purchase them.
    If you are a new player and you do have a permit, the first thing you need is a decent pet. These are quite cheap at the moment, breeze would work well. New player has advancement pack too so it's quite possible to get through after pet levels up.
    Thing is, cost of feeding pet and buying potions is quite pricey when first starting out. Also, you need a decent ring and amulet. I believe it is possible but new players need advice..is there any? They don't use forums.
    They don't get invited to a guild, they don't get their friend invites accepted.
    It's not like it was back in the days when we started out.
    One of the goals at the beginning is.. become friends with another player. That's laughable nowadays.
    They won't stay the course and that's a shame.
    Is there one person here who is capped that can honestly say, they never got any help from a higher level?
    Of course we all got maybe an egg or some gear, advice too. So maybe some of you should remember that and remember what it was like starting out and reciprocate the help you was given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    So how do you purchase these red eggs if you are new to the game and don't have a permit yet? Plus, opening red eggs doesn't guarantee you get what you want even if you could purchase them.
    If you are a new player and you do have a permit, the first thing you need is a decent pet. These are quite cheap at the moment, breeze would work well. New player has advancement pack too so it's quite possible to get through after pet levels up.
    Thing is, cost of feeding pet and buying potions is quite pricey when first starting out. Also, you need a decent ring and amulet. I believe it is possible but new players need advice..is there any? They don't use forums.
    They don't get invited to a guild, they don't get their friend invites accepted.
    It's not like it was back in the days when we started out.
    One of the goals at the beginning is.. become friends with another player. That's laughable nowadays.
    They won't stay the course and that's a shame.
    Is there one person here who is capped that can honestly say, they never got any help from a higher level?
    Of course we all got maybe an egg or some gear, advice too. So maybe some of you should remember that and remember what it was like starting out and reciprocate the help you was given.
    If someone is just making a new acc their main goal is that they want to level then achieve getting gold. It is easy as heck to start off as a new player and make 1m+ gold in just 5 days of playing the game. It isn't like the past where it took ages to get gold. Just farm elite kracken maps for elite gold pirate chest ii, a level 50 rogue could do it easily. Sell the chests 20k each in the auction. No op gear, luck, gold loot required, just level 50 rogue or 60 with dusk gear. Doing this can easily make someone 400k gold in maybe an hour or 2. Took me 20 minutes to make 100k. I have over 100 youtube vids and most of them are about making gold and starting off as a new player to the game. The rest are just me showing 1bil gold, plat history, left 4 dead, farming maps, solo evg, solo gates, and more.
    Actually I know many people including my self who didn't get help in game but still made it to the top. Warriors were so neglected by rogues in the past so I never ran maps. Just merched the auction. Kind of the reason I do yt vids, its fun to do and I am able to teach people how to advance in the game without anyone's help because I know what its like.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 07-12-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

If someone is just making a new acc their main goal is that they want to level then achieve getting gold. It is easy as heck to start off as a new player and make 1m+ gold in just 5 days of playing the game. It isn't like the past where it took ages to get gold. Just farm elite kracken maps for elite gold pirate chest ii, a level 50 rogue could do it easily. Sell the chests 20k each in the auction. No op gear, luck, gold loot required, just level 50 rogue or 60 with dusk gear. Doing this can easily make someone 400k gold in maybe an hour or 2. Took me 20 minutes to make 100k. I have over 100 youtube vids and most of them are about making gold and starting off as a new player to the game. The rest are just me showing 1bil gold, plat history, left 4 dead, farming maps, solo evg, solo gates, and more.
    Actually I know many people including my self who didn't get help in game but still made it to the top. Warriors were so neglected by rogues in the past so I never ran maps. Just merched the auction.
    So you are saying that a new player can make 1m gold within five days of starting the game?
    Well you are in a position to advise new players then but I don't think elite runner chests sell for 20k.