Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pirate Booty Is Fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

I stand corrected, I thought you meant elite runner chests Encryptions but I still don't think it's that easy. I'll try it. I'll play as guest.. I'll do everything you said. I will have no access to any stash..I won't accept gifts.
    I'll let you know what happens in 5 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    So you are saying that a new player can make 1m gold within five days of starting the game?
    Well you are in a position to advise new players then but I don't think elite runner chests sell for 20k.
    Yeah. The elite gold pirate chest ii. Elite runners are 1-3k ea. Elite gold pirate chest ii 15k ea - Elite Kracken. Elite gold warchest iii 30k each Elite Nordr. Elite golden puzzlebox ii 40k - Elite Shuyal.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?432364-Arcane-Legends-tips-and-tricks-to-beat-the-game!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...UDitr3YBrzqM96
    Last edited by Encryptions; 07-12-2020 at 05:17 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Yes..I realized my mistake,scroll back and see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsooos View Post
    Focus in reality is always the best path.
    If you not have gl, you must not complain about it, first need to put priority’s.
    1) oh pirate booty event start and don’t have gl => np I focus in tokens! I sell or open chests
    2) deep marsh is open and I’m not strong to kill all enemies => np I stay alive, and I will profit from drops
    3) vardan valley portals is open, but I’m not strong => Np I go and I die trying till learn how others play, and any drop is super
    4) all others have great looking vanitys, but I don’t have => np I forgot about vanity’s and I will focus to buy gear Or gems to be stronger
    When you strong to survive and play good in maps, then you can focus in the secondary: vanity’s, gl,luck,more pets.
    People with arcane (maybe expensive) gears, they not find them by luck , they pay for them (maybe more than the price now).
    They pay with gold from playing game, or with platinum.
    When you pay with platinum, you need first to have the MONEY. To have the money you must WORK.
    Anyone can spend the money from his personal work to anything . Is very bad to be judged for that.
    Judge the ones who spend their money to buy drugs !
    Totally resonated with this! You almost spoke my mind. Only the last part where u talked about drugs users should be judged for their wrong doings. Not being judgemental about someone doesn't mean you condorn a person's behaviour or past action thus allowing them to repeat them again. It means to be willing to put ourselves exactly as where they are right now and see from there. That's when they feel like u know them and will be more likely to start to change for the better. We don't need more hate, judgment, insult etc we need more understanding and empathy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsooos View Post
    This event is good, because not energy event.(not need to spend extra time to farming and crafting energy )
    You can play there if other maps like deep marsh or vardan valley portals is close.
    You can play relax when you drinking your coffee and little something dropping every run.
    I don’t know about the low lvl players, but event like this gives them motivation to lvl up faster in order to play next events better.(is so hard to be lvl 1 because in 4 hours game you can be 40 lvl)
    I think the name EVENT make other confusing about the gl and drops.
    Maybe next pirate boooty and other not energy events, to rename them like: pirate booty week, pirate booty festival and others names.
    Bellatrix , me I start playing not before 5 months, but more than 5 years. You can’t make 3 type of characters strong and high lvl. I abandon my other 2 characters lvl 63 and 73, I sell all my gear from them , and I make 1 only strong.
    You so curious about what kaziscate have tried, you forget to asked him how was the game when lvl cap was 66,46,41 .
    This days the most arcane and mythic items and pet is super cheap and all people complain about everything.
    Because you focus in wrong direction, it’s not other people fault.
    Working hard in every event gives you profit. If you lazy you get what you give.
    Love it nice take!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

@ Susanne
    I've always liked how you look out for new players, it is admirable for older players to consider.
    However I have to point out that this event is playable for new people.
    I just made a brand new lv5 w only the pack all newbs get, I killed the map in a couple min.
    I leveled him to 10 & ran again and did it again quickly.
    Truthfully I forgot to fix my gear and ran the lv 10 map w lv5 gear.
    Had enough tokens and bought the middle chest and made profit.
    All on an under geared, no guild, no help, no auction, no permit havin noob.
    If this event were any easier it would be shut down after the botters exploited it.

Maybe it doesn't scale properly at mid levels idk, but what I'm saying is this is easy for new players. If mid level people can't play it well and couldn't get any advice on what to do, they could just make a lv 10 like I did. If they want to know how I did it they can ask.

One thing I don't see from the people who say this is broken, is that I don't see them asking what build to use, what technique to use, how do I kite, or "what did Cinco mean by "zone awareness"?"
    Hope that comes off right.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 07-12-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbellatrixxx View Post
    So, you are an endgame (level 76?) player with ARCANE gear. Have you tried to grind the event with just legendary gear or mixed gear with a legendary weapon, maybe one or two mire items, one or two mythic items and no artifact ???? I have only been playing a total time of 5 months and have been focusing mostly on leveling up level 76 rogue, 76 mage, and 55 warrior and learning how to best use my skills and skill points. I’ve started farming for gold to get better gear two months ago and it’s going VERY SLOW. I’m sure that there are many new and poor-middle class (in game financial status) players in the same situation as me who only have legendary and maybe one or two set and/or mythic items and no artifact yet, and even more players that don’t even have a level 76 yet. At lower levels, it does not make sense to buy OP/expensive gear as it’s better to save gold for end game arcane gear. With that said, on my rogue and mage, I can barely finish wave three with 1-2 booty crates still up, it takes 2-3 minutes to complete the map, and I’m using a ridiculous amount of health and mana potions on auto because of the amount of health and damage of the mobs and boss. I’m spending about 1/4th of the gold I’m looting on those potions.

I’m also curious if you have tried to play the event with a lower level character in legendary gear. I’ve played the event with a level 30 warrior and a level 55 warrior. The level 30 has all legendary gear and boffins arti. I can get past wave one in about 3 minutes with two booty crates left, once I get to wave two the mobs go down even slower-about 5 minutes. For the third wave, I can not make a dent in the bosses health at all, nor can I kill any single mob. I spent 10 minutes on wave three, no single mob killed, no dent in the bosses health, and mobs health were down about 1/10 of the way. In total, I wasted almost TWENTY MINUTES on a map I could not finish. The 55 warrior has all legendary gear with no arti and a mythic weapon. I have +5 fury jewels in all slots of all the legendaries and mythic weapon. I could not even get past wave one! The health and damage of the mobs were way too high for my warrior to handle. I had a very hard time taunting them to me, by the time I had them all two boxes were down. I could only get their health down about 1/3 of the way in ten minutes with not one single mob killed. Of course, I did not want to waste anymore time knowing that if I couldn’t get past the first wave I would not finish the map just like on my level 30 warrior.

I find that most of the complaints are not just about the amount of gold, but they are about the fact that the maps are much harder, especially since we have to SOLO them. It would not be so bad in a PT. Lower levels can’t even finish the map, making the event useless to them, which is extremely unfair to those players who do not have a level 76. I find that a lot of people are just asking STS to scale the mobs and the boss better so that they can actually finish the map in a fair amount of time (1-3 minutes).

MAJORITY of AL players who have a level 76 DO NOT have arcane gear/ weapons yet and are not OP to be able to finish the map in one minute like you can. I’m glad that you and other maxed out players with arcane gear are happy with the event, but what about the rest of the community? I was under the impression that this was suppposed to be the one event that would help new and not so great players get gold in order to be able to buy better gear to play harder/endgame/elite maps and join in PTs without getting left behind, kicked from PT, or everybody leaving the map. If more o,Ayers had the ability to have arcane items at end game, end game content would be much more enjoyable and fun for everybody and more people would be running those maps.
    This is the gear I tried using and I'm not having any issues. My pet was Churro, a legendary pet that costs 10k. Also, a cheap artifact only costs 40k. I finished a run in 2 minutes, so that should be a reasonable time to finish each run as a mage. I don't have a level 76 rogue so I am unable to try event with legendary gear for that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    I suggest making another character, leveling it up to 16 and farming event with that character. I have no idea why they made event so difficult for the mid-levels and easy for the other levels.
    Like Cinco and many others suggested, try switching up your skills if you're having trouble. I have tried event on a level 46 rogue and warrior and it is unreasonably difficult, which is why I recommended avoiding event at mid-level. I have also tried event on a level 16 character and didn't have any problems.

I main a mage, so I recommend skills excellent for crowd control (such as Time Shift and Fireball). If you're having issues with potions, use Lifegiver or Arcane Shield and save ultimate for round 3. Arie is also a pretty solid choice for event too.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 07-12-2020 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Tweaked reccomendations

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I just see people trying to show how rich they are here, first of all to unlock the trade for 3 days, new players don’t finish map event in 1 minute to have the same result, and if they’re new they don’t understand much about the game yet, so I would think it would be fair for the gold drop to be fix prize on the boss, for those who already have gold, it’s easy to do the calculation, time for run, tokens drop and gold, and no, newbies don’t kill as fast as I saw level cap people full items making crazy calculations.
    That's my opinion, and wait, Adms said we will have surprises too during event

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

If the gold drop were fixed and people didn’t need a traders permit it would be flooded with macro botters and we would have a big inflation problem.

Name:  1FF0BA66-7E19-42B6-B45C-C6730905E171.jpeg
Views: 97
Size:  612.1 KB

I just ran event starting on a level one hc toon, he made it to lv three and killed boss.yes I bought potions with starter gold mid fight, but I’m level freekin one hc lol.
    How easy should this event be?
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 07-12-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    If the gold drop were fixed and people didn’t need a traders permit it would be flooded with macro botters and we would have a big inflation problem.

Name:  1FF0BA66-7E19-42B6-B45C-C6730905E171.jpeg
Views: 97
Size:  612.1 KB

I just ran event starting on a level one hc toon, he made it to lv three and killed boss.yes I bought potions with starter gold mid fight, but I’m level freekin one hc lol.
    How easy should this event be?
    LOL, how??????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derhzard View Post
    LOL, how??????????
    Without any skills to begin with, I started out charging auto a lot until I got a skill pt to put into fire. When I got another skill pt I chose gale.

That gave me 2 cc skills to gain aggro.
    Kite and spam

Yup yup
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    @ Susanne
    I've always liked how you look out for new players, it is admirable for older players to consider.
    However I have to point out that this event is playable for new people.
    I just made a brand new lv5 w only the pack all newbs get, I killed the map in a couple min.
    I leveled him to 10 & ran again and did it again quickly.
    Truthfully I forgot to fix my gear and ran the lv 10 map w lv5 gear.
    Had enough tokens and bought the middle chest and made profit.
    All on an under geared, no guild, no help, no auction, no permit havin noob.
    If this event were any easier it would be shut down after the botters exploited it.

Maybe it doesn't scale properly at mid levels idk, but what I'm saying is this is easy for new players. If mid level people can't play it well and couldn't get any advice on what to do, they could just make a lv 10 like I did. If they want to know how I did it they can ask.

One thing I don't see from the people who say this is broken, is that I don't see them asking what build to use, what technique to use, how do I kite, or "what did Cinco mean by "zone awareness"?"
    Hope that comes off right.
    Cheers
    Thankyou and yes, what you say is true. I wouldn't want the trader's permit taken away because it's necessary. I was annoyed with some of the comments.
    Thanks for showing people, including me, that it's possible for new players to manage.
    It is difficult mid-level but I did find breeze helpful when I was experimenting. It had to level up a bit first though.
    I don't know why I get so het up about things, I'm not even playing much but as usual, you calmed it all down. 🙂
    @ Encryptions..As for making a new character to see if it's possible to get 1m gold in five days, I'm not going to bother. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    This is the gear I tried using and I'm not having any issues. My pet was Churro, a legendary pet that costs 10k. Also, a cheap artifact only costs 40k. I finished a run in 2 minutes, so that should be a reasonable time to finish each run as a mage. I don't have a level 76 rogue so I am unable to try event with legendary gear for that class.

Like Cinco and many others suggested, try switching up your skills if you're having trouble. I have tried event on a level 46 rogue and warrior and it is unreasonably difficult, which is why I recommended avoiding event at mid-level. I have also tried event on a level 16 character and didn't have any problems.

I main a mage, so I recommend skills excellent for crowd control (such as Time Shift and Fireball). If you're having issues with potions, use Lifegiver or Arcane Shield and save ultimate for round 3. Arie is also a pretty solid choice for event too.

I have already switched my skills on my level 76 mage and rogue a VERY LONG time BEFORE my original reply to you. As I’ve said, I’ve been working on my skills since I started playing and have read lots of forum posts, watched lots of YouTube Videos, etc. The skills I use are not an issue. Many new players are still working out their skills to be the “right skills” for crowd control, survivability, etc., and the map should allow for any skill set to be used successfully. Also as I said, I CAN finish wave 3 on my level 76 rogue and mage, but with 1 or 2 crates taken out in 2-3 minutes, which to me is “just barely finishing”. If I only have one hour to play the game, I’m not benefiting as much as I could by running deep marsh for an hour. Events are “special” and once a year, so I would think that there would be some kind of OP “Pirate Booty” (I.e. gold)...you know, something BETTER than the maps that are available to us all year long. The crates are fine, but I don’t have a very large drop rate, I get 1 in about 20 runs. I also don’t gamble with my money and platinum by opening crates, so they aren’t much benefit to me. As far as the coins go, I purchased 12 legendary booty crates the other day and opened them. I received 205k gold, which EVERYONE who plays AL KNOWS that’s chump change, probably enough to feed your pets and buy potions for 2-3 days.

Also, mages are a lot better than rogues for pve in my experience, especially with multiple mobs, and I do have an easier time than on my rogue to finish the map, but it’s not WORTH playing on my mage as my my main is my rogue which has the gold loot set. I would expect that you would have an easier time and enjoy the event maps much more since you are playing a mage with OP gears most of the time. You don’t HAVE TO play in legendary gear like other people who have no choice but to play with it. You have a choice to run 50-60 times in an hour with your OP mage, verses 20-30 with legendaries, therefore looting DOUBLE the amount the average player can in an hour. I don’t expect you to understand where I’m coming from because you have arcane gear and weapons and probably a lot of other nice things in game and because you have that gear already it’s probably not as frustrating to you to have to work 2-3 times as hard as somebody who is in OP gears (if they can finish at all), whereas I and many others don’t and are struggling to make the gold to get that kind of stuff. You probably worked very hard to get it and you’ve probably been playing a while, but many people like myself who are still new or average don’t have that experience under their belt yet, which is why it would be nice for STS to listen to us for once and to have tweaked the event to be scaled fairly to all levels and to be a bit easier.

Which cheap artifact costs 40k? The only “cheap” ones I can find are very low level and only give 3-5 dex, strength or int and to be honest I’m not going to waste gold on a low level artifact at level 76. I shouldn’t have to for an event anyway, and neither should anybody else. The only artifact I’m considering buying is the Mire Arti for rogue since the prices are pretty cheap right now (1.5-2 million). (Which, by the way, all the gold I have been making is from all the items I’ve farmed from elite maps and deep marsh gold, NOT this event. I’ve made about 800k profit from event so far and used some of my jewel elixirs to farm up jewels from the event map, which is the only great thing about it, in my opinion)

My whole point in my reply was to explain how the event is not fairly scaled for ALL levels, and as you said, and I quote :

“I have tried event on a level 46 rogue and warrior and it is unreasonably difficult, which is why I recommended avoiding event at mid-level“

I have not tried any characters under level 30, which I see a lot of players in game between levels 30-68, which are the levels where it seems impossible to finish the map. Also, people shouldn’t have to create another character just to farm this event, especially for people like me who have a gold loot set for farming. This is EXTREMELY UNFAIR to the community. I’m not looking for an easy, no work/no trying, mindless event to farm, nor am I complaining because I want to have an event that will give me billions of gold fast. I’m thinking about all players and the community as a whole, and I’m just asking that the event map would be scaled better for ALL levels and the mobs have a little less damage and health.

In fact, my idea would be to have a “regular” version scaled for all levels to be able to finish with the original drop rate of gold. Then, have an “elite” version where it is harder and drops double the gold of the regular for level 76, OP players with OP gear. Maybe even have a very, very, very extremely low chance for an arcane egg to drop in the elite version. This way, everybody can experience completing the map and have a chance to make some gold to help them advance in game, and the OP players are also satisfied because they have a challenging map for event.

For the most part, 95% of the time, I really enjoy playing AL. It’s very relaxing to sit in bed and play the game after long hours at work or running errands/doing housework all day. I also like to play the game for most of the day on my day off as it is very enjoyable and as I said relaxing. Im not trying to bash or trash talk the game or devs, I just want my and other voices and opinions in the community, that aren’t as experienced or OP at this game, to be heard and for events and gameplay to be fair for all. As I gain more experience in game, and read more past forum posts and more recent ones, it seems like this game listens to seasoned, OP players more often than new, inexperienced, average and players with lower quality gear and weapons. Again, I’m glad you and other OP players are satisfied, but that doesn’t mean the majority is, nor does it mean that the event is fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbellatrixxx View Post
    I have already switched my skills on my level 76 mage and rogue a VERY LONG time BEFORE my original reply to you. As I’ve said, I’ve been working on my skills since I started playing and have read lots of forum posts, watched lots of YouTube Videos, etc. The skills I use are not an issue. Many new players are still working out their skills to be the “right skills” for crowd control, survivability, etc., and the map should allow for any skill set to be used successfully. Also as I said, I CAN finish wave 3 on my level 76 rogue and mage, but with 1 or 2 crates taken out in 2-3 minutes, which to me is “just barely finishing”. If I only have one hour to play the game, I’m not benefiting as much as I could by running deep marsh for an hour. Events are “special” and once a year, so I would think that there would be some kind of OP “Pirate Booty” (I.e. gold)...you know, something BETTER than the maps that are available to us all year long. The crates are fine, but I don’t have a very large drop rate, I get 1 in about 20 runs. I also don’t gamble with my money and platinum by opening crates, so they aren’t much benefit to me. As far as the coins go, I purchased 12 legendary booty crates the other day and opened them. I received 205k gold, which EVERYONE who plays AL KNOWS that’s chump change, probably enough to feed your pets and buy potions for 2-3 days.

Also, mages are a lot better than rogues for pve in my experience, especially with multiple mobs, and I do have an easier time than on my rogue to finish the map, but it’s not WORTH playing on my mage as my my main is my rogue which has the gold loot set. I would expect that you would have an easier time and enjoy the event maps much more since you are playing a mage with OP gears most of the time. You don’t HAVE TO play in legendary gear like other people who have no choice but to play with it. You have a choice to run 50-60 times in an hour with your OP mage, verses 20-30 with legendaries, therefore looting DOUBLE the amount the average player can in an hour. I don’t expect you to understand where I’m coming from because you have arcane gear and weapons and probably a lot of other nice things in game and because you have that gear already it’s probably not as frustrating to you to have to work 2-3 times as hard as somebody who is in OP gears (if they can finish at all), whereas I and many others don’t and are struggling to make the gold to get that kind of stuff. You probably worked very hard to get it and you’ve probably been playing a while, but many people like myself who are still new or average don’t have that experience under their belt yet, which is why it would be nice for STS to listen to us for once and to have tweaked the event to be scaled fairly to all levels and to be a bit easier.

Which cheap artifact costs 40k? The only “cheap” ones I can find are very low level and only give 3-5 dex, strength or int and to be honest I’m not going to waste gold on a low level artifact at level 76. I shouldn’t have to for an event anyway, and neither should anybody else. The only artifact I’m considering buying is the Mire Arti for rogue since the prices are pretty cheap right now (1.5-2 million). (Which, by the way, all the gold I have been making is from all the items I’ve farmed from elite maps and deep marsh gold, NOT this event. I’ve made about 800k profit from event so far and used some of my jewel elixirs to farm up jewels from the event map, which is the only great thing about it, in my opinion)

My whole point in my reply was to explain how the event is not fairly scaled for ALL levels, and as you said, and I quote :

“I have tried event on a level 46 rogue and warrior and it is unreasonably difficult, which is why I recommended avoiding event at mid-level“

I have not tried any characters under level 30, which I see a lot of players in game between levels 30-68, which are the levels where it seems impossible to finish the map. Also, people shouldn’t have to create another character just to farm this event, especially for people like me who have a gold loot set for farming. This is EXTREMELY UNFAIR to the community. I’m not looking for an easy, no work/no trying, mindless event to farm, nor am I complaining because I want to have an event that will give me billions of gold fast. I’m thinking about all players and the community as a whole, and I’m just asking that the event map would be scaled better for ALL levels and the mobs have a little less damage and health.

In fact, my idea would be to have a “regular” version scaled for all levels to be able to finish with the original drop rate of gold. Then, have an “elite” version where it is harder and drops double the gold of the regular for level 76, OP players with OP gear. Maybe even have a very, very, very extremely low chance for an arcane egg to drop in the elite version. This way, everybody can experience completing the map and have a chance to make some gold to help them advance in game, and the OP players are also satisfied because they have a challenging map for event.

For the most part, 95% of the time, I really enjoy playing AL. It’s very relaxing to sit in bed and play the game after long hours at work or running errands/doing housework all day. I also like to play the game for most of the day on my day off as it is very enjoyable and as I said relaxing. Im not trying to bash or trash talk the game or devs, I just want my and other voices and opinions in the community, that aren’t as experienced or OP at this game, to be heard and for events and gameplay to be fair for all. As I gain more experience in game, and read more past forum posts and more recent ones, it seems like this game listens to seasoned, OP players more often than new, inexperienced, average and players with lower quality gear and weapons. Again, I’m glad you and other OP players are satisfied, but that doesn’t mean the majority is, nor does it mean that the event is fair.
    Hi. Nice post.
    I tried it on low level mage using Breeze and advancement gear and after level 10 found it easy enough.
    I used fb, ice, gale and lightning..not the best skills some may say but found them ok.
    It all went wrong at level 29, for some reason. Got a lot harder.
    So, event is ok for low levels but yes, between mage and rogue, mage is best.
    Haven't tried warrior although someone I know has and said it's ok at level 15.