Thread: Got lvl 76, what should I do now?

At Elite Shuyal, trying to loot a Ker'shal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Question Got lvl 76, what should I do now?

As a Mage, theres many things to consider while building up my skills and gear, right? When Rogues are made for dealing damage (more specifically bosses), Tanks go to stop upcoming damage...mages have a full range of choices:

- May I be support?
    - May I go for boss damage and use guns?
    - Should I focus on skill damage with staff to clear mobs faster?
    - Or use higher dps and autoattack?
    - Going for mob clearing, makes me useless on Bosses?

Where we are needed more? How can I be useful to my team mates?
    I do not consider doing PvP so what should I buy in endgame? Everyone is saying that Skratch Staff does miracles but I ve seen a mage with Skratch Rifle and Ebon armor melting a hydra in a blink of an eye.

Honestly, I am confuse.
    Current doing full damage with non charge skill build but it seems theres many paths for me to choice rn. And the fact that I don't have BILLIONS to change my set all the time, I want to do a certain shot.

Any advices would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Make a rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Here is your goal: Skratch Staff (w/ skratch gun ideally as well) then ebon armor/abyssal armor then interred set and infest/valley aa

Try going for the skratch staff mainly as mages nowadays could support by clearing fast (not healing anymore sadly cause we have pots for those and tanks as well). If you don't have enough gold for staff yet you could buy the gun then farm your way to staff then keep both or sell gun first to acquire staff then save up again to re-acquire gun. Damage and clearing is your main priority as mage at 76 cap rn. Don't fall for taint/ebon weaps they are pretty much useless if you want people to farm with you etc.

You could do well against both mobs and bosses with the staff for mobs and the staff proc + gun proc to melt bosses. Pretty much that's what you want cause like rogues (who really just need arc armor and dugg daggs/dugg bow), mages have a simpler "requirement" set to be op, unlike warriors who need like 3 or more weapons to be op as well (not to mention the stress of proc switching with 4+ hotbars xd).

Also it won't hurt to strengthen hp and armor too since mages are already squishy by default so hardening them up a bit would help in maps especially like the vardan maps. Being a "heal mage" nowadays is pretty much attributed to being a noob since we have better alternatives atm so yeah focus on clear power mostly.

Hope this helps!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtremez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Here is your goal: Skratch Staff (w/ skratch gun ideally as well) then ebon armor/abyssal armor then interred set and infest/valley aa

Try going for the skratch staff mainly as mages nowadays could support by clearing fast (not healing anymore sadly cause we have pots for those and tanks as well). If you don't have enough gold for staff yet you could buy the gun then farm your way to staff then keep both or sell gun first to acquire staff then save up again to re-acquire gun. Damage and clearing is your main priority as mage at 76 cap rn. Don't fall for taint/ebon weaps they are pretty much useless if you want people to farm with you etc.

You could do well against both mobs and bosses with the staff for mobs and the staff proc + gun proc to melt bosses. Pretty much that's what you want cause like rogues (who really just need arc armor and dugg daggs/dugg bow), mages have a simpler "requirement" set to be op, unlike warriors who need like 3 or more weapons to be op as well (not to mention the stress of proc switching with 4+ hotbars xd).

Also it won't hurt to strengthen hp and armor too since mages are already squishy by default so hardening them up a bit would help in maps especially like the vardan maps. Being a "heal mage" nowadays is pretty much attributed to being a noob since we have better alternatives atm so yeah focus on clear power mostly.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much, that's exactly what I am doing: saving gold at Deep Marsh.
    But, can you explain why do I need both gun and staff? I thought only staff could deal with any bosses if combo with Ebon Armor.

It really worth buying both? It's a lot of gold and will take a huge time.

Due the high cost of Skratch Staff I might go for Gun first, as you said, unfortunately.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuties View Post
    But, can you explain why do I need both gun and staff? I thought only staff could deal with any bosses if combo with Ebon Armor.

Due the high cost of Skratch Staff I might go for Gun first, as you said, unfortunately.
    Skratch gun isn't completely necessary when you have the staff already but it would definitely make you op... It's worth it if you want to be op but the staff would do just fine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtremez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nuties View Post

Having both the skratch gun and staff is very helpful when paired with hotbar slots.

For me, I mainly use the staff, but when it procs vs a boss, I immediately switch to gun in order to get the DoT proc. This is because I will still have 3x damage from the staff proc, so my gun proc gets that effect and can essentially melts bosses in one proc. This is why people recommend getting both once you can afford it. If you can only get one though, definitely staff.
    Ign - Coolguymage

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Having both the skratch gun and staff is very helpful when paired with hotbar slots.

For me, I mainly use the staff, but when it procs vs a boss, I immediately switch to gun in order to get the DoT proc. This is because I will still have 3x damage from the staff proc, so my gun proc gets that effect and can essentially melts bosses in one proc. This is why people recommend getting both once you can afford it. If you can only get one though, definitely staff.
    Got it! I will try to control myself on journey to Staff, to not buy the gun instead.
    But I am definetly going to get both since they seems life changing for mages in game. I will increase my hotbars thou, currently have two of them.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it!

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Skratch gun isn't completely necessary when you have the staff already but it would definitely make you op... It's worth it if you want to be op but the staff would do just fine
    Appreciate it! I am definetly going for both then! Would take some time ofc but...I think I can do it!

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I use skrach staff for 8 hours (with my skrach gun) and then I sell it back. For me skrach gun is better and very cheaper.
    Something going on with it and nobody speak about it .
    With scratch staff you do less auto attack from gun, if you to close sometimes you die, if you not all ready 7-8k damage, you see little hit numbers 3k 4k And only wait to proc.
    The staff is good maybe if you want to play solo runs. But the game is multiplayer.
    Best ebon armor + skrach gun+ valley set for vardan valley, mireguard items +ebon armor for festerfang.
    Buy multiple mir items for any need and switch them.
    Let the other super op kill all mobs in map , and you focus in boss killing.
    This days I see all strong (specially warriors) go front and kill all mobs.(let them kill all) The best mob weapon and always free.
    About the 2 arcane weapon proc: the time you spend to proc the staff, you wasting to wait proc the gun .
    Is like bad joke: after spending so much to buy the staff, you go to boss and see ,you don’t do so much damage if not proc.
    Then you ask a friend about it, and he tells you: ooooh you need the gun too
    If you have 50m don’t spend to 1 staff weapon, spend in ebon armor + other items.
    If you super rich you can be anything , but if you not rich put priorities.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsooos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

I do agree with Mitsooos that it's probably best not to drop your first 50m on the staff. It's a huge difference, but if you're surrounded by good players it can almost be overkill to be that powerful because you'll make gold anyways.

That being said I've enjoyed having both because I like to run randoms and it's nice being able to clear maps and bosses quite fast even when your teammates don't have arcane gear.

I'd say a good purchase order would be Skratch Gun, followed by Interred Set / Ebon (or abyssal) armor, THEN skratch staff. (But the most important thing is a speed set, because if you find a good party you don't need to do much except keep up).
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsooos View Post
    I use skrach staff for 8 hours (with my skrach gun) and then I sell it back. For me skrach gun is better and very cheaper.
    Something going on with it and nobody speak about it .
    With scratch staff you do less auto attack from gun, if you to close sometimes you die, if you not all ready 7-8k damage, you see little hit numbers 3k 4k And only wait to proc.
    The staff is good maybe if you want to play solo runs. But the game is multiplayer.
    Best ebon armor + skrach gun+ valley set for vardan valley, mireguard items +ebon armor for festerfang.
    Buy multiple mir items for any need and switch them.
    Let the other super op kill all mobs in map , and you focus in boss killing.
    This days I see all strong (specially warriors) go front and kill all mobs.(let them kill all) The best mob weapon and always free.
    About the 2 arcane weapon proc: the time you spend to proc the staff, you wasting to wait proc the gun .
    Is like bad joke: after spending so much to buy the staff, you go to boss and see ,you don’t do so much damage if not proc.
    Then you ask a friend about it, and he tells you: ooooh you need the gun too
    If you have 50m don’t spend to 1 staff weapon, spend in ebon armor + other items.
    If you super rich you can be anything , but if you not rich put priorities.
    Lol that's really against the current, its have opened my mind!
    It makes total sense.

Instead going for skratch staff before anything else I may get Ebon Armor and Skratch Gun, as you said. Since I ain't a rich player.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    I do agree with Mitsooos that it's probably best not to drop your first 50m on the staff. It's a huge difference, but if you're surrounded by good players it can almost be overkill to be that powerful because you'll make gold anyways.

That being said I've enjoyed having both because I like to run randoms and it's nice being able to clear maps and bosses quite fast even when your teammates don't have arcane gear.

I'd say a good purchase order would be Skratch Gun, followed by Interred Set / Ebon (or abyssal) armor, THEN skratch staff. (But the most important thing is a speed set, because if you find a good party you don't need to do much except keep up).
    Got it! Honestly I was planning to get the skratch staff to be invited for dm runs by my op friends/guildmates.
    But since they are all good at cleaning mobs(they have skratch staff and warriors with their toys)...I can focus on making myself more useful on bosses, which will make a big difference for them, when think on calling someone to play along.

I have venom set and mire 3/6 already(helm, armor and arctifact)

It seems way more interesting going for the gun now because I can even buy a Elite version with BD and it will still cheaper than Skratch Staff.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

The mobs always die easily if they gother together from warriors mythic or arcane claymore or any spirit weapon or some pet arcane ability.
    The big damage staff players never pull them, make them always hard to die.
    If in your party always someone pull them and you drop 1 clock. You will see the mobs die with any weapon.
    I don’t know if you have ebon armor. In case you don’t have buy it! Your game play will be changed much.
    If you need to buy the mythic 76 set, don’t buy all items interred type, try the 2/3 to be buried (warriors type) to boost your health. The 2X your damage you get from it is like +to intel, so you don’t need to have extra intel from set .
    With the ebon armor you get 3X damage and 3X armor, again is like +to intel (for the damage) +armor, so don’t buy equipment with big awakening of armor. And try to keep your gl in balance.
    After having the ebon armor ,you do big damage with any weapon, the skrach gun is good choice for the lvl of it and for reselling . If your gold is low you can try ebon gun too . You can try it and after (if you don’t like it) you can farm more gold sell it and buy the next arcane.(they have about 5-7m difference in price)
    If you can buy 1 ignot and chung egg and slot his happiness bonus in your favorite pet.
    And NEVER buy items with elite damage awakening!