Thread: The current state of PL- 2020

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default The current state of PL- 2020

The PvE Situation of PL is relatively simple. Endgame is now an XP kits dominated event. Players that are wealthy or who have reached 110 have mostly gotten there by more or less buying their way through the game and spending stupendous amounts (at times) of gold. You basically cannot level of you are a new player starting out which is why PL isn't growing and has been in a decline since Oktal cap.

The player skill in PvE has noticeably declined. I think that this is ultimate culmination of the trend that started with the introduction of stat pets and leveling dungeons.

I want the old PL back. Grinding for the win not p2w.Foxes are rhino are on a long due rework ever since the 2 classes came out.

People grinded to 110 the old fashion way only to get a pet which would later on be rejected by adding a pet with twice it's stats for 200 platinum on a vendor.

And the next cap is gonna be whoever has the most XP kits saved up which is actually sad to see that the game I once grinded on turned in a game for lazy people. Thought it was an MMORPG which means it has to have roleplaying which in this case has come down to xpplaying.

I've met new players that have told me that it's super hard for them to level and I understand why. You cant expect a new coming player to have the funds to afford a pet or XP kits since those are the main ways of leveling nobody does regular PVE unless it's goldfarming or events anymore.

That's why AL is easy to get into the more you progress the more the game offers for you, it's much more active since there are weekly events and the community is not as toxic. Luckily the grind is still real on AL without stat boosted pets.

I want the old PL grind back because that's how memories are made and memories are the most important part of the game for myself because I won't I remember how many kits I threw away on a cap.New expansions are a one time run now I don't see anyone hosting runs or games to get new loot which is sad.

I want the old PL back.

this are my thoughts on the game, thanks for reading.

Edit: By AL rewarding their players for progressing I mean the level packs you get for leveling that contain gear strong enough to get you to the next campaign.
    Last edited by Guanek; 07-19-2020 at 01:00 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guanek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

What do you think are the ways to make it back easily again where everything is balance if there are OP pets now��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Islamiyah24 View Post
    What do you think are the ways to make it back easily again where everything is balance if there are OP pets now��
    Nerf XP kits when cap comes out. For example if the new cap is 110 players above 110 cannot use kits in the first 5 days of cap when rewards are given out for grinders. As for pets Id take away their dmg/armor stats and nerf the low level XP range to make it suitable for new players.

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guanek View Post
    Nerf XP kits when cap comes out. For example if the new cap is 110 players above 110 cannot use kits in the first 5 days of cap when rewards are given out for grinders. As for pets Id take away their dmg/armor stats and nerf the low level XP range to make it suitable for new players.

I can tell you for me personally if xp kits don't work next cap I won't be playing anymore. They were the only reason I did events. If they don't work for a certain amount of days when the new cap starts I guess that would be alright but if they don't work at all I'm out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I can tell you for me personally if xp kits don't work next cap I won't be playing anymore. They were the only reason I did events. If they don't work for a certain amount of days when the new cap starts I guess that would be alright but if they don't work at all I'm out.
    Yea no not for the whole cap just during the first days of rewards for fast cappers. because xp kits will kill the fun and grind out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

They will probably do the same In AL, that you can only use xp packs/kits below level 71 (cap 76). PvE died even in endgame because there's no longer items worth farming anymore, mostly just runs Isle of Night for gold now. Technically the best items, weapons (arcanes) and pets (decathrax) in game are only obtainable from 'limited' timed events, making this game only worth playing during events.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Endpoints For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guanek View Post

Some people maybe disappointed when they make this but I think I agree and they should also make a new vanity farming zone in different dungeons just like the starry on bsm slayer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The game is indeed a joke to play now. That being said, I’m still surprised there are enough players spending to fund server costs and such(unless low costs). Probably due to a few whales blowing off their cash. Even then, I fail to see how investing is actually worth it. This was evident in the case of qtrs and enchantments and boosting against the people who lacked these became common. As a result, a huge part of twinking unfortunately died out. No games meant no people to boost off and hence the advantages payed for where for nothing. A waste of money for them although some would say that it was well deserved for ruining pvp and being pathetic. Even now, getting the best items in the game like mythics has little value since pvp and pve is dead.
    In all honesty, it can be argued that there are more incentives for whales spending in other more popular games.
    I doubt the people who still play enjoy the game. They want to imagine they are so all their effort put in the game wasn’t for nought.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I agree, pl is not enjoyable anymore. I quited a bit after l110 expansion, cus theres pretty much nothing to do aside from afk. I'm not gonna go back to pl, but maybe I'll visit if it becomes good.

And Im an al player now, but I used to play pl before. Gotta disagree on the part where al is easier to get into, a new player gon take a year or more just to get a good gear in al unless they spend like $100/week. Just for your info for full gear in al, depending on awakes, 1 weapon in al can cost like 60-100m+ and most of the time u need more than 1 weapon to switch on situations and thats just weapon not to mention armor 20-80m, helm 10-60m, Artifact 40m-100m+, ring and amulet, gold loot set that can go up to 400m+ for op gold loot, jewels, boss damage gears 100m+, speedset 10-20m+, pets and a lot more. And if ur a newbie u won't even be able to afford gold loot gears, without gl gears, u proly make 100k-200k/day. Just count it, its nearly impossible for newbie to get into the game.

Fyi $100 - 1700 plats it can get u up to 50m gold by selling elite awakes. Just count hm money u needa spend if ur a new player that wanna be op right away.

And maybe u don't know, al community is the most toxic community. Toxic in pl is nth compared to al, ik cus I used to play pl for quite some time.

Pl ign - avaunt
    Al ign - avaunts

Sent from my CPH2083 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I for one will be tremendously P'O-ed if XP kids dont work next cap. I have 2 levels worth of xp kits right now and plenty of gold to buy more.
    I am only 3 years in pl and worked myself up from nothing. It can be done.

That being said. I try to log in daily and help one person through one map. In my opinion some more content in game would help. But is it more than a bandaid for cancer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

They make money off this style of gameplay. Cant blame them though for wanting to make a profit...but on the other hand i do agree its pretty toxic type of game that is only blood sucking their small community. Talk to gamers, these types of games are widely looked down upon for this reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

What's the point of a new cap where existing XP kits can be used to cap instantly? again events aren't here to make sure you cap instantly when it goes live as someone said he would rage if that doesn't happen.

Not just for 5 days, XP kits shouldn't work at L110+ for FEW MONTHS AT LEAST.
    Pets should have very limited use.
    Focus on old ways of farming rather than totally based on locked crates. Make them rare and ways to get that easier way with plats.
    Remove the enchantment feature from upcoming arcane items, bring enchantment of vanities for different glows or color effects to richness and show off in town, I'm sure many will do that.

its pretty toxic type of game that is only blood sucking their small community. Talk to gamers, these types of games are widely looked down upon for this reason.
    That's kinda rude 1) Players aren't forced, majority of mobile games have worse monetization with bigger player base 2) If we playing and still like the game, we should be happy it's running.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-26-2020 at 12:03 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Here is a tip for everyone, stop trying to reach the devs with any posts and stop crying how pl have become, just dont support them anymore and play other games, its your own fault if u still hang on a game wich glory days are already over long time ago

(sry for my bad english)

Hope yall have a nice day anyways, peace out

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    What's the point of a new cap where existing XP kits can be used to cap instantly? again events aren't here to make sure you cap instantly when it goes live as someone said he would rage if that doesn't happen.

Not just for 5 days, XP kits shouldn't work at L110+ for FEW MONTHS AT LEAST.
    Pets should have very limited use.
    Focus on old ways of farming rather than totally based on locked crates. Make them rare and ways to get that easier way with plats.
    Remove the enchantment feature from upcoming arcane items, bring enchantment of vanities for different glows or color effects to richness and show off in town, I'm sure many will do that.

That's kinda rude 1) Players aren't forced, majority of mobile games have worse monetization with bigger player base 2) If we playing and still like the game, we should be happy it's running.
    Don’t take this personally but I’m going to have to disagree with some of the things you said. First off, there really isn’t anything to like about this game anymore. The community? Long gone. We only have a ghost town with a few AFK bots here and there. Pvp? Very few games nowadays so nothing to offer the more competitive players. Fun PVE? Yeah right. There’s no loot worth farming anymore and who actually wants to gold farm 247? Sounds dead boring. Even the multiplayer aspect that an mmo is based upon, has degraded with many maps being ‘solo’able. Now you tell me what is left to enjoy. Also people don’t really play this game. Maybe for 1-2 mins checking stuff out hopping off. This is the impression I get from empty towns, no pvp games.

Also regarding 2). The fact that it’s still running is irrelevant. Why should someone continue to play a sub-standard game when clearly, there are better options out there? Why should we have to lower our standards to a point where just keeping it running is enough for us? When a game fails, people are just doing to ditch it, simple.

Maybe 1) is true but do you really believe that this game is friendly towards new players? The only way they can make gold and become well established is through events. So even if their monetisation isn’t as bad ( let’s assume this is true for now) as other games, new players are being turned away. The more popular games obviously don’t make this mistake and is why they’re more successful despite a worse monetisation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starriding View Post
    Here is a tip for everyone, stop trying to reach the devs with any posts and stop crying how pl have become, just dont support them anymore and play other games, its your own fault if u still hang on a game wich glory days are already over long time ago

(sry for my bad english)

Hope yall have a nice day anyways, peace out

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk
    I agree 100% . It’s astonishing to see how people still play this game seeing as it is in a very pitiful state. I don’t get what’s so hard about letting go of a game that isn’t fun anymore even if you’ve invested a lot. Even if some things are done well here, it’s done way better elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

The only plausible explanation for such low communication and community support is they are working on a new game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Default The current state of PL- 2020

What NEEDS done to revive the game is very simple.

A massive expansion with an equally massive ad campaign. As simple as that.

Play as yt video ads
    Pay content creators to show the trailer and say a simple sentence “Pocket legends is an award winning revolutionary mmorpg for mobile and pc that’s been going strong since 2010, they are having the biggest expansion in the games lifespan right now! check it out at the link below for 100 free platinum”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post

Also regarding 2). The fact that it’s still running is irrelevant. Why should someone continue to play a sub-standard game when clearly, there are better options out there? Why should we have to lower our standards to a point where just keeping it running is enough for us? When a game fails, people are just doing to ditch it, simple.
    That's not even a point becasue there's no argument provided to make someone keep playing who lost interest in game, not at all. No one is asking someone not to ditch the game neither I'm trying to justify that why someone should keep playing. I just countered some rude comments and remind that some ppl still want the game keep running at least and even for each popular game there's always some ppl who doesn't like it but some does like it just the ratio varies, so one player can decide to ditch or not but can't decide the fate of a game.

And when I said "WE" I meant the persons who still likes PL not those who totally lost interest in this so for "US" we happy that it's running and it will keep doing so that I believe. , so if you don't like it then you don't fall under "US" so I haven't spoken behalf of you XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I don't know what's the point of this thread when the devs do not listen to any feedback. Pointless. There ARE better options out there until the devs finally decide to fix this game.