Thread: EVG tips for Rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default EVG tips for Rogues

This is a mini-guide for rogues on how to deal as much damage as possible in EVG, this might also be helpful for mages. When i used to run Pug/randoms, I see rogues that are either too afraid to use pierce or they use pierce and end up dying. The quote “pierce=death in evg” was used quite a bit when I first started running evg, which is bad because pierce does so much dmg. It’s very important that a rogue gets close to boss so that the Razor shield can dmg the boss and increase your chances to proc, and if u have a duggar dagger proc the blades does quite a bit of dmg which is great. With this guide u can hopefully avoid death and confidently use pierce to increase ur dmg output.

The skills that I use are: Pierce, Aim, Nox, Razor Shield

Before I start I want to make it clear that as a rogue you should try to be behind boss at all times, it’s easier to avoid the red zones that way.

It’s actually quite easy to tell when it is safe to use pierce and get close to the boss. The boss has 3 different kinds of attack and he only switches when he is at a certain hp. Until he reaches a certain hp, he will keep on using the same attack with roughly a 4-5s of cool down between each attack. However if he just finished a certain attack and you dmg the boss enough, he will immediately use a different kind of attack.

At 100%-60% hp, his attack is a small v red zone that pushes you back, it is safe for all classes unless u get to higher waves. Personally, i still attack from behind to avoid it because the pushback/stun is annoying and wastes time. At this hp range u can spam ur pierce confidently without the fear of death (assuming the spiders are out of the picture)

At 60%-30%hp the boss’s attack is a big V red zone. I see the boss start to use this attack when the health reaches the letter “u” or “g” in “Duggar”. The boss throws a grenade that lands anywhere on the Red zone. The can grenade land far and can take awhile to explode. Its important that you keep track of where the grenade lands and don’t get close to it. As soon as you see the grenade leave the boss’s hand u can start using ur pierce, but ONLY when u see the grenade fly past and you are not in front of it or in its way. Some ppl don’t even know what the grenades look like and mistake their death for a fireball so here are pictures.

Here is the grenade in the air

and on the ground

The last attack pattern is the infamous Fireball. The boss starts using this when u see the Hp reach the “D” in “Dred”. A lot of ppl just keep their distance the whole time, but if u have a tank in your party the fireball will hit the tank like 90% of the time (100% if u are behind a warrior when this happens). If u look closely u can see the moment the fireball hits the tank which is right after they get stunned. As soon as that happens u can safely use ur pierce and spam ur skills. The redzone lasts for awhile so don’t worry if u pierce and it is still there. As long as the boss already used his fireball u are fine. But don’t stay too long since, u only have 4-5s (which should be enough to use pierce 2x) before u need to get out and keep ur distance.

P.S i don’t recommend using pierce on spiders because the spiders have this weird Aoe/Dot attack they do that can last a few seconds and can stun u. The spiders damage everyone around them so there is no safe way to hide from this attack except to keep your distance, it’s also hard to tell when they do it because you don’t see a red zone. On the early waves this attack doesn’t do much dmg and u can survive by spamming pots, but on wave 80, just one tick was able to one shot me (7.5k armor, 15khp, 25% dmg reduction). This is deadly because the range is pretty long. I pierce and try to run away ( i had 2 speed lix and 30% speed awakes) but no matter how far i got i still got hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deathlyreaper; 07-20-2020 at 01:14 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Tips for solo lb also plss

Sent from my FLA-LX2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Wave 10+ rogues and mages behind walls until 44 seconds. The warrior will be at the top clearing small enemies and controlling aggro from bosses so that they are piled up. 44 seconds is when every thing should be killed other than the 3 bosses.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

use flame dags on solo for dam reduction and auto proc , you dont need dmg than and you can use glow aa , on multi use arc ring, belt, arti , when warr kill mobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for the mini guide issult! Very well stated.

Note: don't forget to spam your aimed rogues, you should always have a crit buff to get the most out of your SP

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eelectriccure For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post

P.S i don’t recommend using pierce on spiders because the spiders have this weird Aoe/Dot attack they do that can last a few seconds and can stun u. The spiders damage everyone around them so there is no safe way to hide from this attack except to keep your distance, it’s also hard to tell when they do it because you don’t see a red zone. On the early waves this attack doesn’t do much dmg and u can survive by spamming pots, but on wave 80, just one tick was able to one shot me (7.5k armor, 15khp, 25% dmg reduction). This is deadly because the range is pretty long. I pierce and try to run away ( i had 2 speed lix and 30% speed awakes) but no matter how far i got i still got hit.
    I use glow, dash then dugger proc and easily get to wave 70 staying close to spiders as long as i dodge red zones, meaning if i stay behind them. I haven't got to wave 80 so idk, have you tried, will it work?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danley For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

44 kinda late, i leave 47 with no problem. Also i find it better if war at the center at boss spot, more space for rogues and mages to move around and ulti wont charge if at the top for those hiding behind wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

spam spam pew pew and don't die

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thx for the tips ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    I use glow, dash then dugger proc and easily get to wave 70 staying close to spiders as long as i dodge red zones, meaning if i stay behind them. I haven't got to wave 80 so idk, have you tried, will it work?
    If u have glow aa on u can probably stay close to spiders, but once the aa is gone and the spiders use their weird aoe/dot attack it’s gg because attacks hits u even if u are behind them.I used to do this back when wave 70+ was the normal for Lb. But once the points started going crazy I stopped doing this because I didn’t want to risk it. Wave 80 was the when I got one shot by this attack. Sometimes tho waves go by when they never even use this type of attack. If someone can figure out what makes spiders use this attack and how to stop them from
    using this type of attack then evg will be a lot easier for us rogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Wave 10+ rogues and mages behind walls until 44 seconds. The warrior will be at the top clearing small enemies and controlling aggro from bosses so that they are piled up. 44 seconds is when every thing should be killed other than the 3 bosses.
    Piling them up, at least for wars, is a good idea although rogues and mages seem to not like the idea too much since their ulti's don't get recharged since the wall is far from the top of the map. And in higher waves, by piling them it also becomes somehow difficult for the war to dodge spider attacks since they are all focused on attacking you on a single cramped spot so that strategy could become situational... So sometimes I use the piling technique sometimes I don't just depends really...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Piling them up, at least for wars, is a good idea although rogues and mages seem to not like the idea too much since their ulti's don't get recharged since the wall is far from the top of the map. And in higher waves, by piling them it also becomes somehow difficult for the war to dodge spider attacks since they are all focused on attacking you on a single cramped spot so that strategy could become situational... So sometimes I use the piling technique sometimes I don't just depends really...
    Its easy to dodge spider attacks and boss attacks as long as you can see the map red zones and control aggro of bosses. Rogs and mages could possibly come up at 51 seconds which is when all enemies are going to the warrior but rog and mage don't attack until the bosses are left. Them going up half way at 51s not aggroing any enemy allows their ultis to recharge as war kills enemies. I ran a lb pt got wave 96 and thats the trick I did, as marroos was killing I would go up past wall enough to recharge my ulti and not pull any enemies.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wanted to ask personally, is boss damage on warrior worth it despite of the stat drop? If so how much % would be good for it?

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L11 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by souchi View Post
    I wanted to ask personally, is boss damage on warrior worth it despite of the stat drop? If so how much % would be good for it?

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L11 using Tapatalk
    no, u don't need bd

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can i have some tips and tricks on how to climb to LB run solo elite gate ? please give guide