Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tour of Arlor: The Sequel | Community Contest

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Default Tour of Arlor: The Sequel | Community Contest

THE TOUR OF ARLOR RETURNS

A few weeks ago, I asked the community what kind of contests they'd love to see in the forums, and there was one answer that lead the pack by far: Kalizzaa's Tour of Arlor. For those that aren't familiar, the Tour of Arlor was a player-run contest back in 2015 that stoked the spirit of community, cooperation, and helping out fellow Legends. Well--it's back! And we're looking forward to keeping the spirit of Kalizzaa's contest alive in this new edition

Update: Sun 8/2, 7:29pm CST | WEEK 2 ON HOLD

Hey everyone! Can I just say--WOW. The reception for this has been incredible. I've received over 2,200 entries this first week which is INSANE. And so cool.

That being said, as you've probably noticed, reviewing entries takes quite a bit of time and well--there are a lot of posts to review. So--Week 2 of the event will be delayed while I catch up on reviewing entries, and will begin on Monday, August 10, 2020 at 12:00am. The current plan is to stagger weeks like this going forward, which gives all of us a chance to catch our breath between runs.

I'll also be updating some of the post requirements to make it faster to review in the future. Thank you all for your patience while you wait to see your scores.

Note: I've received a few messages noting errors in the spreadsheet. I understand that without seeing your reviewed posts in the sheet right away it's difficult to know if you've met the requirements for the points. Just remember to read them closely and you'll be fine. Common reasons for missed points are:

+ LOOT must be in the chatbox (not just on the ground), -or- BOSS must be visible on the ground. One or the other. Or both.
    + PLAYERS and GUILD NAMES must be visible on screen to be counted (written in the post doesn't count).
    + SECRET PHRASE must be visible in chat or on screen. Only one person needs to say it.

If you'd like me to review and error that I made, I'm happy to! I make mistakes too. Just send me a PM and let me know your IGN, , the error, and either the forum post # or line of the spreadsheet that has the error. I'll fix it!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to accept corrections to your own posts after the post has been locked. It just wouldn't be fair. So please post carefully!

Update: Thurs 7/30, 4:32pm CST

Hey all! Thanks to everyone for feedback on this contest as we go. Here are some changes based on feedback and results so far:

+ Weekly Top Player rewards will be granted on a PER CLASS basis. (So, Top 3 Rogues, Top 3 Sorcs, Top 3 Warriors)

+ You may only win 1 Top Player prize per account. So, if you entered with multiple characters, you can only win a weekly prize once. You can win for multiple weeks.

+ The Blue Jester vanity has been replaced with a Blue Elite Journeyman vanity.

Update: Tues 7/28, 1:49pm CST

Points spreadsheet is UP! Please remember, there is a delay in recording points, so please be patient. Last update and post reviewed are at the top, so you can see where I'm at.

Link:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Updates: Sunday 7/26, 10:44pm CST

Prizes updated to Heroic, Arcane and Mythic eggs as prizes for top players.

Updates: Sunday 7/26, 10:17pm CST

Hey everyone! A few notes here before the first post goes up.

1) To win the vanity, all you need to do is complete and be in a screenshot for every map each week (all 6 weeks). As long as you've completed all of the maps in the 6 weeks, you will get the vanity.
    2) The example at the end of this thread is the perfect post! Each run screenshotted, names and guild names visible, dead boss or loot in chat, and secret phrase. All instructions will be in each weekly post, so don't worry. It'll be clear!
    3) You DO need to be in a guild to participate, but you don't have to run with guild mates. You also do not have to stick with the same party. For each completed run you will receive 1 point for yourself and your guild. So it counts for both no matter how who you run with.
    4) You can run as many times as you like during the week. Create a post for each completed round of runs.

The other thing I will say is that I hear you on the vanity. As the contest begins tonight, please run knowing that the Jester vanity is the intended prize for the contest, but I MAY be able to talk to the devs and see what we can do about the Elite Journeyman. NO GUARANTEES, but it will be a possiblity. I'll find out more during the day on Monday and update the contest posts accordingly if anything changes. Again, no sad faces if I can't make it happen. Just know that I hear you and will see what I can do.

EVENT KICKOFF

This event will begin on Monday, July 27th, 12:00am CST and will run for 6 weeks, ending on Sunday, Sept 6th at 11:59pm CST.

HOW IT WORKS

The Tour of Arlor is all about helping your guild members gather any missing APs, running with friends, making new friends, having fun, and perhaps earning some loot and prize money along the way.

Every week will focus on completing 2 seasons of Elite Maps, with points earned for yourself and your guild for the completion of each map, and extra bonus points for completing every map for the week.

Prizes (below) will be awarded to top guilds and top players weekly, and at the end of the contest.

CONTEST TIMELINE

WEEK 1: Brackenridge and Ydra Forest
    WEEK 2:
    Dead City and Kraken Isles
    WEEK 3:
    Nordr and Shuyal
    WEEK 4:
    Tindirin and Planar Tombs
    WEEK 5: Glintstone and Underhul
    WEEK 6: Festerfang and Vardan Valley

• Each Rogue and Sorcerer will score 1 (one) point for the successful completion of a map, and Warriors will receive 2 (two) points.
    • A one-time bonus of 100 points will be awarded to each and every character that completes every map for the week. For example, players that run all the Brackenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild.

RULES & TRACKING

• A weekly contest thread will be posted on Sunday evening of each week. Entries will start being accepted at 12:00am CST on Monday and will be accepted until 11:59pm CST the following Sunday. Entries posted before or after these times will be removed and will not count toward your point total.
    • Once screenshot per run. Make sure your party agrees on who will post the screenshot before you leave the run. Duplicated entries will be discarded, but this will also delay tracking and results, so please do your best to only post one!
    • In this contest, there is zero tolerance for cheating or any other ToS violations. Players who break the rules will be disqualified from the contest and points will be removed from personal and guild totals. So let's keep it on the up-and-up, eh?

General Guidelines
    1. To receive points, you must post a screenshot with all players on screen
    2. The boss must be dead on screen and/or loot visible on screen or chatbox. If I can't find the dead boss, nor the loot in chat or on the ground, no points will be awarded.
    3. Your guild tag must be visible. If I cannot see your guild tag, I will not award points to you since this is a guild based challenge!
    4. Each week, I will have a catch-phrase that must be spoken and visible in the chat box. No catch-phrase, no points for anyone! Only one person needs to say the catch-phrase.
    5. No duplicate posts. Only one screenshot per run, per party.

Additional rules will be posted with each weekly contest, so please review the weekly thread (found in the Announcements section).

Tracking
    Results and points totals can be tracked in a public spreadsheet (coming soon) and will be added to each weekly post as it ends (this may take a day or two as the work is rather manual).

PRIZES

TOP GUILD (Weekly): 1,000,000 gold*

TOP GUILD (Final, after 4 weeks)
    1st Guild:
    3,000,000 gold*
    2nd Guild:
    2,000,000 gold*
    3rd Guild:
    1,000,000 gold*

*Gold will be awarded to the guild leader to spend or distribute as they see fit. But, in the spirit of Kalizzaa's original contest, we encourage guild leaders to put this toward something for the whole guild, since it was a team effort.

TOP SCORING PLAYER PER CLASS (Weekly):
    1st: 500k gold + Heroic Egg*
    2nd: 250k gold + Arcane Egg*
    3rd: 100k gold + Mythic Egg*
    4th - 25th: 50k gold

*Players may choose any pet of the appropriate rarity that comes in egg form.

TOP SCORING PLAYERS PER CLASS (Final):
    1st: 1m gold
    2nd: 500k gold
    3rd - 25th: 100k gold

COMPLETION PRIZE (Final):
    For players that complete all maps for all 6 weeks of the contest, you'll receive this exclusive contest vanity (helm and armor). 1 (one) vanity will be granted per class with which you participated. So, if you entered with your rogue and sorcerer, you'll receive a rogue and sorcerer vanity. These can not be sold or traded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	al_tour_vanity_warrior.JPG 
Views:	5767 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	203557 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	al_tour_vanity_sorcerer.JPG 
Views:	5722 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	203558 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	al_tour_vanity_rogue.JPG 
Views:	5716 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	203559

RANDOM PLAYER PRIZES (Final):

At the conclusion of this event, we will choose 5 random players of each class (15 players total) to receive 500,000 gold.

CONSOLATION PRIZES (Final):
    For players that do not win a prize in any of the other categories (including the vanity), 50 players will be selected at random to win 500 platinum.

CAVEAT: Tindirin
    Same as last time, there are no timers in Tindirin, so please keep your team and party honest. We'll be reviewing chat-log loot to ensure that you did indeed complete the elite run. If cheating is suspected, the players involved will be disqualified from the contest, and any points earned will be forfeited. This means all points, both personal and for your guild.

See you Monday!

I'm so excited to go on this adventure with you, Legends! The contest begins on Monday July 27, so feel free to ask any questions here. If you have a guild that's accepting new members, or you're a player who is looking for a guild for the contest, you can use this thread to coordinate that too!
    Last edited by Remiem; 08-02-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

OMGgggghggg First!!

I can’t breath I need !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Woot! Ty
    Avy
    12-2012

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I'm not so sure on the rules. We can run as many times as we want, and we will have to post a screenshot for each run?

Can we solo these runs?

There is a timer in Tindirin by the way.

Also, the consolation prize (500 platinum) seems to be better than all the other prizes, because currently 5 platinum is worth around 100k in game, so 500 platinum would easily be over 10,000,000 in gold.
    Retired

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

One question for the Completionist Prize do we also have to post a screenshot with our party or do we just have to run the elite maps, complete them and the game itself just records it as completed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

İ like 500plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

woooow

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

OMG

Enviado de meu SM-J810M usando o Tapatalk

Arcane Legends Since 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I wish the vanity would be similar as elite journey , not the jester one :/, we already have so many recolored jester vanity, but ty! Im excited for the contest!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ride AL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I was hoping for a forebearer vanity or even the OG jester untradeable due to the fact that almost all owners are banned/quitted

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is really exciting. It was such a fun contest to run last time regardless of the prizes. Thank you for making another contest that is all about running maps and having fun with your guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The only way they will have record of what you ran is if you submit the screen shot exactly as detailed. The game doesn't keep track of those sorts of details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Can we do these runs solo?

Can I participate with more than 1 character and class? (If so do they all need to be in the same guild?)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I was hoping for a forebearer vanity or even the OG jester untradeable due to the fact that almost all owners are banned/quitted
    Same :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    THE TOUR OF ARLOR RETURNS

A few weeks ago, I asked the community what kind of contests they'd love to see in the forums, and there was one answer that lead the pack by far: Kalizzaa's Tour of Arlor. For those that aren't familiar, the Tour of Arlor was a player-run contest back in 2015 that stoked the spirit of community, cooperation, and helping out fellow Legends. Well--it's back! And we're looking forward to keeping the spirit of Kalizzaa's contest alive in this new edition.

EVENT KICKOFF

This event will begin on Monday, July 27th, 12:00am CST and will run for 6 weeks, ending on Sunday, Sept 6th at 11:59pm CST.

HOW IT WORKS

The Tour of Arlor is all about helping your guild members gather any missing APs, running with friends, making new friends, having fun, and perhaps earning some loot and prize money along the way.

Every week will focus on completing 2 seasons of Elite Maps, with points earned for yourself and your guild for the completion of each map, and extra bonus points for completing every map for the week.

Prizes (below) will be awarded to top guilds and top players weekly, and at the end of the contest.

CONTEST TIMELINE

WEEK 1: Brackenridge and Ydra Forest
    WEEK 2:
    Dead City and Kraken Isles
    WEEK 3:
    Nordr and Shuyal
    WEEK 4:
    Tindirin and Planar Tombs
    WEEK 5: Glintstone and Underhul
    WEEK 6: Festerfang and Vardan Valley

• Each Rogue and Sorcerer will score 1 (one) point for the successful completion of a map, and Warriors will receive 2 (two) points.
    • A one-time bonus of 100 points will be awarded to each and every character that completes every map for the week. For example, players that run all the Brackenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild.

RULES & TRACKING

• A weekly contest thread will be posted on Sunday evening of each week. Entries will start being accepted at 12:00am CST on Monday and will be accepted until 11:59pm CST the following Sunday. Entries posted before or after these times will be removed and will not count toward your point total.
    • Once screenshot per run. Make sure your party agrees on who will post the screenshot before you leave the run. Duplicated entries will be discarded, but this will also delay tracking and results, so please do your best to only post one!
    • In this contest, there is zero tolerance for cheating or any other ToS violations. Players who break the rules will be disqualified from the contest and points will be removed from personal and guild totals. So let's keep it on the up-and-up, eh?

General Guidelines
    1. To receive points, you must post a screenshot with all players on screen
    2. The boss must be dead on screen and/or loot visible on screen or chatbox. If I can't find the dead boss, nor the loot in chat or on the ground, no points will be awarded.
    3. Your guild tag must be visible. If I cannot see your guild tag, I will not award points to you since this is a guild based challenge!
    4. Each week, I will have a catch-phrase that must be spoken and visible in the chat box. No catch-phrase, no points for anyone! Only one person needs to say the catch-phrase.
    5. No duplicate posts. Only one screenshot per run, per party.

Additional rules will be posted with each weekly contest, so please review the weekly thread (found in the Announcements section).

Tracking
    Results and points totals can be tracked in a public spreadsheet (coming soon) and will be added to each weekly post as it ends (this may take a day or two as the work is rather manual).

PRIZES

TOP GUILD (Weekly): 1,000,000 gold*

TOP GUILD (Final, after 4 weeks)
    1st Guild:
    3,000,000 gold*
    2nd Guild:
    2,000,000 gold*
    3rd Guild:
    1,000,000 gold*

*Gold will be awarded to the guild leader to spend or distribute as they see fit. But, in the spirit of Kalizzaa's original contest, we encourage guild leaders to put this toward something for the whole guild, since it was a team effort.

TOP SCORING PLAYER (Weekly):
    1st: 500k gold + Arcane Egg*
    2nd: 250k gold + Mythic Egg*
    3rd: 100k gold + Legendary Egg*
    4th - 25th: 50k gold

*Players may choose any pet of the appropriate rarity that comes in egg form.

TOP SCORING PLAYERS (Final):
    1st: 1m gold
    2nd: 500k gold
    3rd - 25th: 100k gold

COMPLETION PRIZE (Final):
    For players that complete all maps for all 6 weeks of the contest, you'll receive this exclusive contest vanity (helm and armor). 1 (one) vanity will be granted per class with which you participated. So, if you entered with your rogue and sorcerer, you'll receive a rogue and sorcerer vanity. These can not be sold or traded.

Attachment 197754

RANDOM PLAYER PRIZES (Final):

At the conclusion of this event, we will choose 5 random players of each class (15 players total) to receive 500,000 gold.

CONSOLATION PRIZES (Final):
    For players that do not win a prize in any of the other categories (including the vanity), 50 players will be selected at random to win 500 platinum.

CAVEAT: Tindirin
    Same as last time, there are no timers in Tindirin, so please keep your team and party honest. We'll be reviewing chat-log loot to ensure that you did indeed complete the elite run. If cheating is suspected, the players involved will be disqualified from the contest, and any points earned will be forfeited. This means all points, both personal and for your guild.

See you Monday!

I'm so excited to go on this adventure with you, Legends! The contest begins on Monday July 27, so feel free to ask any questions here. If you have a guild that's accepting new members, or you're a player who is looking for a guild for the contest, you can use this thread to coordinate that too!
    amazing!! love it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Do you have to be in a guild to participate if youre only aiming for the vanity set? And do the screenshots have to consist of the same team every entry?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think the rewards should be reviewed , just looks imbalanced , like 500 plat looks like its actually better than the other rewards ^^)

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
    Pessimism Leads To Nowhere .. But Optimism Leads To The Top !! So Stay Positive !!

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I may make adjustments between now and Monday, so keep an eye on the thread.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Dam its so exiting, and it's so funny that event will start on the 5th Letal sharks guild bday! What a nice start to celebrate it )

The only problem are the rewards:
    -I was hoping for a version of elite journey, not jester...
    -The prizes with eggs should scale starting with heroic and ending with mythic, not legendary

At Elite Shuyal, trying to loot a Ker'shal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ooooouch, I thought it was Elite Journey Heraldic Vanity...

But thanks for the contest anyway!!! Will be fun

Endgame PvE Sorcerer