Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tour of Arlor: The Sequel | Community Contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thanks a lot for this!

As a former Elite Runners officer i was here while we were preparing our first Tour of Arlor contest when Kalizza bring his idea on.

I remember how glad we were when you announced special vanity prize for all participants. But at first place i must say it was dozens of hours of fun during playing with friends.

I know this time it will be same.

Thank you again STS!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200723_202052.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	197816

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakubson For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    THE TOUR OF ARLOR RETURNS

A few weeks ago, I asked the community what kind of contests they'd love to see in the forums, and there was one answer that lead the pack by far: Kalizzaa's Tour of Arlor. For those that aren't familiar, the Tour of Arlor was a player-run contest back in 2015 that stoked the spirit of community, cooperation, and helping out fellow Legends. Well--it's back! And we're looking forward to keeping the spirit of Kalizzaa's contest alive in this new edition.

EVENT KICKOFF

This event will begin on Monday, July 27th, 12:00am CST and will run for 6 weeks, ending on Sunday, Sept 6th at 11:59pm CST.

HOW IT WORKS

The Tour of Arlor is all about helping your guild members gather any missing APs, running with friends, making new friends, having fun, and perhaps earning some loot and prize money along the way.

Every week will focus on completing 2 seasons of Elite Maps, with points earned for yourself and your guild for the completion of each map, and extra bonus points for completing every map for the week.

Prizes (below) will be awarded to top guilds and top players weekly, and at the end of the contest.

CONTEST TIMELINE

WEEK 1: Brackenridge and Ydra Forest
    WEEK 2:
    Dead City and Kraken Isles
    WEEK 3:
    Nordr and Shuyal
    WEEK 4:
    Tindirin and Planar Tombs
    WEEK 5: Glintstone and Underhul
    WEEK 6: Festerfang and Vardan Valley

• Each Rogue and Sorcerer will score 1 (one) point for the successful completion of a map, and Warriors will receive 2 (two) points.
    • A one-time bonus of 100 points will be awarded to each and every character that completes every map for the week. For example, players that run all the Brackenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild.

RULES & TRACKING

• A weekly contest thread will be posted on Sunday evening of each week. Entries will start being accepted at 12:00am CST on Monday and will be accepted until 11:59pm CST the following Sunday. Entries posted before or after these times will be removed and will not count toward your point total.
    • Once screenshot per run. Make sure your party agrees on who will post the screenshot before you leave the run. Duplicated entries will be discarded, but this will also delay tracking and results, so please do your best to only post one!
    • In this contest, there is zero tolerance for cheating or any other ToS violations. Players who break the rules will be disqualified from the contest and points will be removed from personal and guild totals. So let's keep it on the up-and-up, eh?

General Guidelines
    1. To receive points, you must post a screenshot with all players on screen
    2. The boss must be dead on screen and/or loot visible on screen or chatbox. If I can't find the dead boss, nor the loot in chat or on the ground, no points will be awarded.
    3. Your guild tag must be visible. If I cannot see your guild tag, I will not award points to you since this is a guild based challenge!
    4. Each week, I will have a catch-phrase that must be spoken and visible in the chat box. No catch-phrase, no points for anyone! Only one person needs to say the catch-phrase.
    5. No duplicate posts. Only one screenshot per run, per party.

Additional rules will be posted with each weekly contest, so please review the weekly thread (found in the Announcements section).

Tracking
    Results and points totals can be tracked in a public spreadsheet (coming soon) and will be added to each weekly post as it ends (this may take a day or two as the work is rather manual).

PRIZES

TOP GUILD (Weekly): 1,000,000 gold*

TOP GUILD (Final, after 4 weeks)
    1st Guild:
    3,000,000 gold*
    2nd Guild:
    2,000,000 gold*
    3rd Guild:
    1,000,000 gold*

*Gold will be awarded to the guild leader to spend or distribute as they see fit. But, in the spirit of Kalizzaa's original contest, we encourage guild leaders to put this toward something for the whole guild, since it was a team effort.

TOP SCORING PLAYER (Weekly):
    1st: 500k gold + Arcane Egg*
    2nd: 250k gold + Mythic Egg*
    3rd: 100k gold + Legendary Egg*
    4th - 25th: 50k gold

*Players may choose any pet of the appropriate rarity that comes in egg form.

TOP SCORING PLAYERS (Final):
    1st: 1m gold
    2nd: 500k gold
    3rd - 25th: 100k gold

COMPLETION PRIZE (Final):
    For players that complete all maps for all 6 weeks of the contest, you'll receive this exclusive contest vanity (helm and armor). 1 (one) vanity will be granted per class with which you participated. So, if you entered with your rogue and sorcerer, you'll receive a rogue and sorcerer vanity. These can not be sold or traded.

Attachment 197754

RANDOM PLAYER PRIZES (Final):

At the conclusion of this event, we will choose 5 random players of each class (15 players total) to receive 500,000 gold.

CONSOLATION PRIZES (Final):
    For players that do not win a prize in any of the other categories (including the vanity), 50 players will be selected at random to win 500 platinum.

CAVEAT: Tindirin
    Same as last time, there are no timers in Tindirin, so please keep your team and party honest. We'll be reviewing chat-log loot to ensure that you did indeed complete the elite run. If cheating is suspected, the players involved will be disqualified from the contest, and any points earned will be forfeited. This means all points, both personal and for your guild.

See you Monday!

I'm so excited to go on this adventure with you, Legends! The contest begins on Monday July 27, so feel free to ask any questions here. If you have a guild that's accepting new members, or you're a player who is looking for a guild for the contest, you can use this thread to coordinate that too!
    im in w this op event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Pls change the vanity set into blue elite journey set. Jester looks pretty ugleh imo.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yes pls change the vanity to any recolor of elite journey sets. Already there are a lot of recolors of jesters and they are not that good looking tbh. Also Pls clarify more on how can we win the vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Another set people dont like XD , if ya dont like it dont work for it,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
    Another set people dont like XD , if ya dont like it dont work for it,
    the community is open to everyone, just as you are exposing your opinion, so are we

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It still count if we solo run ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakubson View Post
    Thanks a lot for this!

As a former Elite Runners officer i was here while we were preparing our first Tour of Arlor contest when Kalizza bring his idea on.

I remember how glad we were when you announced special vanity prize for all participants. But at first place i must say it was dozens of hours of fun during playing with friends.

I know this time it will be same.

Thank you again STS!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200723_202052.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	312.9 KB 
ID:	197816
    bring this back, dont see the harm in it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I actule agree the jernyman should come back the jester is lacking a little something but o well what will be will be

Sent from my LDN-L01 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have a question, can I fly alone?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich_rogue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for bringing this back STS! Only suggestion I have is to potentially change the jester to elite runner set instead for scheme can be exactly the same, I just think it fits better than jester for this particular competition

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Confessing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

"TOP SCORING PLAYER (Weekly):
    1st: 500k gold + Arcane Egg*
    2nd: 250k gold + Mythic Egg*
    3rd: 100k gold + Legendary Egg*
    4th - 25th: 50k gold
    "

This kind of concerns me... So the top 1 person can choose literally any pet? Even Dagon? That's like 20m+ confirmed. And 3rd could choose thog... Well, I guess that'll make it more competitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Awesome! As an OG elite runners officer I can’t wait for this even tho there aren’t really many active members in the guild.
    Kinda disappointing that kalizza was banned and you are bringing this event back in his name when he can’t play but aw well.
    Thanks for the event again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Do solo runs count, as long as guild tag, loot, and code word are shown?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ummmmm View Post
    Do solo runs count, as long as guild tag, loot, and code word are shown?
    Yes, I believe. The purpose here is to encourage as many guild members and friends to complete every elite map with points earned for you and your guild. If anyone wondering if we need to grind, I believe yes, for top scoring player but for vanity NO. There are no gear, party or guild restrictions. Just simply run maps with friends, PUGs, guildies, or solo. It doesn’t matter as long as your guild tag is showing and visible on the screenshot. And also don’t forget to say the “Phrase”.

If you want to aim the exclusive vanity, just put an appropriate screenshot as detailed. Just One post of every elite map (In order) and that’s it. No need to run multiple times.

IGN: AL -> Capno (76) / DL -> Laezeo (51)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

i have read from page 1 until the last comment, and i have several questions :

1. What if in our party theres 2 different guild, or maybe all players is different guild?
    2. For the completion rewards or the vanity rewards, is it just completing all week? or is it count with points as leaderboard?

thank you, sorry for my silly questions
    Ign : Freckert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freckert View Post
    i have read from page 1 until the last comment, and i have several questions :

1. What if in our party theres 2 different guild, or maybe all players is different guild?
    2. For the completion rewards or the vanity rewards, is it just completing all week? or is it count with points as leaderboard?

thank you, sorry for my silly questions
    1. It doesn’t matter what guild you are running. This is like marathon run. You meet different players and make friends with them and have fun. If you want to run with different guild, discuss before you run. We don’t wanna get many screenshot as it will discarded. However, I suggest you to run with your guild mate since this is guild based challenge. You know what I mean - TOP GUILD(Weekly) 1st Guild something like that.

2. If you manage to get 100 points all six weeks then you are eligible with the prize (vanity). For example, players that run all the brakenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild. If you do not complete any one week, you will not be eligible to receive the prize.

Please keep in mind that screenshot has a time countdown so post appropriate.

Ps. Just a reminder that rules and regulations may not be officially yet as last Tour of Arlor was not hosted by STS. Remiem may change up the rules as said. Perhaps prizes too

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Laezeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laezeo View Post
    1. It doesn’t matter what guild you are running. This is like marathon run. You meet different players and make friends with them and have fun. If you want to run with different guild, discuss before you run. We don’t wanna get many screenshot as it will discarded. However, I suggest you to run with your guild mate since this is guild based challenge. You know what I mean - TOP GUILD(Weekly) 1st Guild something like that.

2. If you manage to get 100 points all six weeks then you are eligible with the prize (vanity). For example, players that run all the brakenridge and Ydra Forest maps in Week 1 will score an additional 100 bonus points for their guild. If you do not complete any one week, you will not be eligible to receive the prize.

Ps. Just a reminder that rules and regulations may not be officially yet as last Tour of Arlor was not hosted by STS. Remiem may change up the rules as said. Perhaps prizes too
    thank u for ur kind response, and for number 2 i just wondering hw hard remiem to evaluate all of the al players that send screenshots, i mean yeah 1 screenshots each party.
    But still its enormous number of screenshots that remiem receive. And from ur response it looks like u have run this event back then once. So how we monitor our points? or how we know that remiem is approve our screenshots? since remiem will receive a lot of screenshots from a lot of parties.
    Ign : Freckert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laezeo View Post

Can we do it solo though??? Is the real question. What I mean by solo is having your guild title out but no party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freckert View Post
    thank u for ur kind response, and for number 2 i just wondering hw hard remiem to evaluate all of the al players that send screenshots, i mean yeah 1 screenshots each party.
    But still its enormous number of screenshots that remiem receive. And from ur response it looks like u have run this event back then once. So how we monitor our points? or how we know that remiem is approve our screenshots? since remiem will receive a lot of screenshots from a lot of parties.
    Remiem has a lot of team. They can track your movements unlike last Tour of Arlor, Kalizzaa only have 10 team members, I believe, which is pretty impressive that they manage to overcome this kind of contest. It is enormous number of screenshot that Kalizzaa received in Week 1. They received almost 5k. Results and points can be tracked in a public spreadsheet where you can monitor your points or what map you need to complete. They post this every weekly so please keep an eye.

Just one person need to post screenshot. If your party post another screenshot with you, your screenshot will be discarded. This will lead STS hard to track which one is your screenshot. Therefore you will not get your points. And please DON’T POST SCREENSHOT SEPARATELY. For example, you post your screenshot in forest with the boss killed and then you make another post with the boss killed in aqueduct. Don’t make your screenshot too complicated. Just one post of every elite map (in order) and you’ll be fine.