Thread: So many unsettling threads and posts lately.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default So many unsettling threads and posts lately.

Would like to remind players making these threads that everyone you mention/talk about is a real person, including Devs- which get so much criticism for especially for events and they get it constantly.

Honestly if I was a dev and if this happened to me I would quit it. For me it would be mentally tiring, and monotonous to see dozens of people throwing negativity at you...

Other players and dear staff are people like you and me, they don't deserve the negativity some players throw at them. Treat them the same way you want to be treated. Kind words don't cost nothing.

Personally, I would love to thank the staff for all the continued support and the work they have out in the community and the games. The wonderful work they have done is a good addition to so many people's days, everyday

Would like to leave this thread link here as a reminder if anyone needs to read it

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jausa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Yeah, they’ve done a pretty good job.

If we could rate the years.
    2013- 7/10
    2014-9/10
    2015-10/10
    2016- 6/10
    2017- 5/10
    2018-4/10
    2019-6.5/10
    2020-7.8/10(from January-july)

Just my overall opinion. They done a lot better this year. Hopefully next year will be even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post

2013- 7/10
    2014-9/10
    2015-10/10
    2016- 6/10
    2017- 5/10
    2018-4/10
    2019-6.5/10

Just my overall opinion. They done a lot better this year. Hopefully next year will be even better!

I think I agree with these ratings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Bro positivity and no complaints, this game has given us great memories. shout out to everyone that plays and even the staff and support behind the screens. Lindsay this goes to you too support member +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

2013- 7/10
    2014-9/10
    2015-10/10
    2016- 6/10
    2017- 5/10
    2018-4/10
    2019-6.5/10

It bugs me so much when people say that 2014 (41 cap) was more than 5/10 at best.

Most people had 2 choices, you either were buying plat to open locks in hopes of shard or farming lockeds all day everyday in order to make some gold which was never enough to get the best gears and pets. And the years when the game became as f2p as it has ever been are rated 5 to 7 by you, lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    It bugs me so much when people say that 2014 (41 cap) was more than 5/10 at best.

Most people had 2 choices, you either were buying plat to open locks in hopes of shard or farming lockeds all day everyday in order to make some gold which was never enough to get the best gears and pets. And the years when the game became as f2p as it has ever been are rated 5 to 7 by you, lol
    Just my opinion.... no need for drama. I’m sure you have your own opinion on the years as well. Those 1-10 ratings are from my own personal experience playing AL.

It’s fine if you don’t agree. We all have different view points. Again sorry if I offended you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

2013- 7/10
    2014-9/10
    2015-10/10
    2016- 6/10
    2017- 5/10
    2018-4/10
    2019-6.5/10

Lv 41 - My first time in AL so can't rate.
    Lv 46 - 6/10
    Lv 56 - 6/10
    Lv 61 - 9/10
    Lv 66 - 1/10
    Lv 71 - 6/10
    Lv 76 - 7.5/10

If it's possible to ignore 66 as an expansion and just consider the Nightmare Set and TB as part of the Twilight expansion, then it'd be a 10/10.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just my opinion.... no need for drama. I’m sure you have your own opinion on the years as well. Those 1-10 ratings are from my own personal experience playing AL.

It’s fine if you don’t agree. We all have different view points. Again sorry if I offended you.

It's all good man, not trying to start any drama Just stated my opinion on 41 cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Well, if somethings wrong with an event are we not free to express our opinion?
    Its a forum after all, the entire point of a forum is to discuss and express your opinion about the corresponding game.
    I havent seen anyone in a while complain to an actually annoying level, people make the same thread and as dev you are free to ignore it, if you get worked up over that id suggest you choose another profession.
    Its part of being a game dev -or any other developer-
    Personally i think the dev team has been handling everything great, and i havent been shy to tell them that either.
    And to be honest i dont really see what you mean with people treating the staff bad.
    Or is simply disagreeing and making a counter point also offensive nowadays?

Just my 2 cents,

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Would like to remind players making these threads that everyone you mention/talk about is a real person, including Devs- which get so much criticism for especially for events and they get it constantly.

Honestly if I was a dev and if this happened to me I would quit it. For me it would be mentally tiring, and monotonous to see dozens of people throwing negativity at you...
    The forums is the way for developers to recieve feedback even if it is negative since they need both good and bad criticism , never forget that this is their buisness and are here for the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Well, if somethings wrong with an event are we not free to express our opinion?
    Its a forum after all, the entire point of a forum is to discuss and express your opinion about the corresponding game.
    I havent seen anyone in a while complain to an actually annoying level, people make the same thread and as dev you are free to ignore it, if you get worked up over that id suggest you choose another profession.
    Its part of being a game dev -or any other developer-
    Personally i think the dev team has been handling everything great, and i havent been shy to tell them that either.
    And to be honest i dont really see what you mean with people treating the staff bad.
    Or is simply disagreeing and making a counter point also offensive nowadays?

Just my 2 cents,

Cheers
    Constructive criticism and hateful criticism are two totally different things, I do agree with you that he might have extended to include both types of criticism being mentally taxing and inhuman to a dev.

I believe what this thread is being targeted at are mostly people with no constructive suggestions but often rant and cycle around negative feelings towards the dev in the forum.

He went on to bring it to a larger extent, suggesting that there's no harm for people to speak with appropriate language, or empathic intention even when one's providing a counter point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Devs wont actually look for ideas on the forum, they will only receive some highly filtered change requests and not every pointless poop

At Elite Shuyal, trying to loot a Ker'shal
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Indeed, I am enjoying their work in this game. I don't agree with every decision, ofc... But honestly, I like not being in the control.

It's cool not having everything I want, being suprised...do I sound weird?
    Here is the speech that makes me think about wishing things exactly the way I want:

“Let's suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream that you wanted to dream. And you would, naturally as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fulfill all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could conceive. And after several nights you would say "Well, that was pretty great." But now let's have a surprise. Let's have a dream which isn't under control. Where something is gonna happen to me that I don't know what it's going to be. And then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream. And finally, you would dream ... where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today."
    Last edited by Nuties; 07-23-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Endgame PvE Sorcerer