Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So let me get this straight..

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Default So let me get this straight..

If we have an opinion we cant post it without it getting deleted or thread being closed now? Just its what ive ohserved and noticed overtime. Kinda weird to me.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Hehe devs forums, devs rules. Everywhere in life there's always someone who has that power over you, and u just gotta live with it xP
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

STS tos is clear and in a nushell says: "my house my rules". And before someone brings it up its a private community therefore the constitution does not apply.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Their house their rules. So if i go by those rules dont like some changes they made(not saying they did) and i post something saying that rule is stupid and rediculous it can offend someone and they can he like arrggg rawrr bam and you're gone forever?

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Their house their rules. So if i go by those rules dont like some changes they made(not saying they did) and i post something saying that rule is stupid and rediculous it can offend someone and they can he like arrggg rawrr bam and you're gone forever?

Pretty much. Some sites are way stricter and some are a lot more permissive. Try complaining about anything on a bioware community forum and you'll see what strict really means. I am not saying I agree with everything they do but it all boils down to what STS feels is good for business. Which, honestly, in their shoes I'd be doing the same... and also potentially catching athletes foot.
    Last edited by StompArtist; 02-22-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Pretty much. Some sites are way stricter and some are a lot more permissive. Try complaining about anything on a bioware community forum and you'll see what strict really means. I am not saying I agree with everything they do but it all boils down to what STS feels is good for business. Which, honestly, in their shoes I'd be doing the same... and also potentially catching athletes foot.
    I like your analogy about the shoe and the athletes feet that makes sense. But some threads that i see as a good discussion is like i post in it then 30sec later it gets locked or deleted im like wtf? Is it just a me thing lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I think a lot of it has to do with the newer mods (no offence to them, just an observation). Ever since they've been around ive noticed the forums have been policed more, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it wasn't exactly completely necessary as the odd mishap would only occur once in a very great while while the devs were perusing the forums.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

This thread title right next to the saool coming out thread just made me LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    This thread title right next to the saool coming out thread just made me LOL.
    Roflmao

Engelhard lvl 85 Engelbird lvl 85 Engelbear lvl 85 Engelrhino lvl 85 Engelfox lvl 85 Drahlegne lvl 10 Engeltwink lvl 10 Kitco lvl 10 Engelone lvl 1. And 12 mystery toons <(^_^)>v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

As per mods. Every forum ive been apart of have had mods that were part of te community.

Regular people that became mods by being active and extremely helpful.

Im not sure why STS didnt go that way with mods. The GOAs and SGs could be forum mods since most show those qualities.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with the newer mods (no offence to them, just an observation). Ever since they've been around ive noticed the forums have been policed more, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it wasn't exactly completely necessary as the odd mishap would only occur once in a very great while while the devs were perusing the forums.
    True i noticed that too.
    @stomp lol :P
    @ardon you got a good point there buddy how about you suggest it in suggestion part?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

*Cough Delphina *Cough* sorry what were we saying... Hope I don't get banned for that... Well sometimes I think del is a bit hard on the almighty I CAN EDIT AND LOCK YOUR post thing but gets the job done I guess...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

While expressing yourself is a very important part of life as a human being, we must all be careful in the manner in which we do it. If someone is being openly critical of STS in such a fashion that it may harm or otherwise damage business, then they have every right to police that. No one is saying you have to like it, but you will abide by it. There's really no other way.

STS is good enough to make mods and devs fairly easily reachable via PM (I've never PMed one and NOT gotten a timely response). If you must vent about the state of STS, vent to the ones that can actually impact it and do so in a calm, polite and private matter. Otherwise, you run the risk of looking like you're trying to stir the hornets' nest. STS would have no other course of action but to calm things down.

Look at it like this - your mother (the generic insult target, right?) may be smelly and hairy and largely unattractive, but you'll be damned if someone's gonna call her out for it. STS is no different. You may have gripes about the game or the forums, but would you actually expect them to allow someone to openly berate their efforts and jeopardize their livelihood?

And of course, you're always free to leave. The forums are free and the game is free. There is no pay-for-play or subscription service for either. If you're unhappy in either arena, please don't drag others into it. Do the mature thing and leave gracefully and with some class.

PROUD OFFICER FOR AEO - 2B1ASK1
    PL Toons - Flenami | Raebami | Dribami | Remrafami | Onihrami | Xofami

14. The Following User Says Thank You to maiohwmai For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai View Post
    While expressing yourself is a very important part of life as a human being, we must all be careful in the manner in which we do it. If someone is being openly critical of STS in such a fashion that it may harm or otherwise damage business, then they have every right to police that. No one is saying you have to like it, but you will abide by it. There's really no other way.

STS is good enough to make mods and devs fairly easily reachable via PM (I've never PMed one and NOT gotten a timely response). If you must vent about the state of STS, vent to the ones that can actually impact it and do so in a calm, polite and private matter. Otherwise, you run the risk of looking like you're trying to stir the hornets' nest. STS would have no other course of action but to calm things down.

Look at it like this - your mother (the generic insult target, right?) may be smelly and hairy and largely unattractive, but you'll be damned if someone's gonna call her out for it. STS is no different. You may have gripes about the game or the forums, but would you actually expect them to allow someone to openly berate their efforts and jeopardize their livelihood?

And of course, you're always free to leave. The forums are free and the game is free. There is no pay-for-play or subscription service for either. If you're unhappy in either arena, please don't drag others into it. Do the mature thing and leave gracefully and with some class.
    I believe you wernt around when the vame was p2p were you? Umm nope i dont think so just cause its free in the market doesnt mean its a free game back in the day you could only level to 18 for free thats when i bought all campaigns just because its free now doesnt mean it was always free.. and also i kinda took that post personaly i gotta admit i dont like being told to leave if i dont like something im not gonna go and have them keep doidng something others may not like also id say what i have to say then leave and with that said im not leaving so good day to you too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

free to play does not mean everything in the game is free to play.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    I believe you wernt around when the vame was p2p were you? Umm nope i dont think so just cause its free in the market doesnt mean its a free game back in the day you could only level to 18 for free thats when i bought all campaigns just because its free now doesnt mean it was always free.. and also i kinda took that post personaly i gotta admit i dont like being told to leave if i dont like something im not gonna go and have them keep doidng something others may not like also id say what i have to say then leave and with that said im not leaving so good day to you too

Actually you're way wrong. I have the SoG. I bought every plat map. I can meet you in-game and show it to you if that's necessary. Or we can compare screenshots of our join dates...or whatever it takes so you'll stop assuming you know how long someone's been playing.

So yeah, the game is free to play. It always has been. Just because you chose to spend money on plat doesn't mean you had to. It's unfortunate that you spent money on something you're unhappy with. You can ask STS for a refund, but when that doesn't work you're still at square one, aren't you?

I think it's great you're not leaving. I think the game relies on its players. My whole point was that if you or anyone else is unhappy, voice your concerns the proper way. Calling out STS isn't going to work. Threatening to leave isn't going to work. Inform the proper parties in the proper manner. That's all there is to it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    free to play does not mean everything in the game is free to play.
    Can you DL the game for free? Can you play for free? You can. Or, you can choose to spend money for maps or items or whatever. But in the end, you can DL and play without spending a dime.

Sounds free to me. Plat is optional, not required.

And sorry for the double post. I'm not sure how to edit my post via Tapatalk.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai View Post
    Actually you're way wrong. I have the SoG. I bought every plat map. I can meet you in-game and show it to you if that's necessary. Or we can compare screenshots of our join dates...or whatever it takes so you'll stop assuming you know how long someone's been playing.

So yeah, the game is free to play. It always has been. Just because you chose to spend money on plat doesn't mean you had to. It's unfortunate that you spent money on something you're unhappy with. You can ask STS for a refund, but when that doesn't work you're still at square one, aren't you?

I think it's great you're not leaving. I think the game relies on its players. My whole point was that if you or anyone else is unhappy, voice your concerns the proper way. Calling out STS isn't going to work. Threatening to leave isn't going to work. Inform the proper parties in the proper manner. That's all there is to it.

Also it seems like as you progress it becomes pay to have fun and keep you interested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

People, by nature, are of a mob mentality. While I don't agree with locking or deleting threads that say negative things about the games...I understand why it is done. It could easily snowball is a mob of people raising Cain, and then they would have a PR nightmare.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

The devs/mods don't really let us share our opinion very much. They are slowly making the forums more stricter...Its like putting a frog in a pot of regular water then slowly turning up the heat till its boiling and the frog stays in there till he dies because the heat was turned so slowly that he just adjusted to the heat till he died.
    Last edited by Cascade; 02-23-2012 at 01:06 PM.