Thread: Corvis the Lich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Corvis the Lich

I have been doing some mausoleum raids lately and I noticed that most players I run with (mostly new players, sometimes even old folks) do not know how to deal with Corvis so I just wanna share some tip.

FOR THE SHIELDS AND THE HUGE DAMAGE DEBUFF THAT COMES WITH IT

First thing that you should do is to have the Auto-use HP/MANA potion in settings turned on. This choice is optional, if you think you can spam your hp and mana potions really quick, then you do not need this at all.

Purple Shield

~If Corvis has the purple shield on, your damage is reduced drastically and your only way to counter it is by attacking from a distance while standing in a Yellow Pool . The yellow pool totally nullifies the damage debuff but it drains your HP (this is where the auto potions come into play).

~Another thing is, if you are at EXALTED RANK and have taken the path of being a LUMINOUS TEMPLAR then you are completely immune to the damage debuff. You do not need to go to the yellow pool at all.

Yellow Shield

~ Same as the purple shield, your damage is reduced drastically aswell and your only way to counter this debuff is again, attacking from a distance while standing on a Purple Pool . The purple pool does the exact same thing as the yellow pool which is why I recommend to make use of the "auto-use potion" in settings.

~ If you are at EXALTED RANK, and have taken the path of being a DARK APOSTLE then you are completely immune to the damage debuff. You do not need to go the purple pool at all.

*Note* Both of the pools will always keep your HP down to 30-33%.

at Exalted Rank:

If you step on a wrong pool, it keeps your HP down only to 50% but the damage debuff is not removed (yes, just a waste of potions). If you are on the right pool, it will keep your HP down to 30-33%.

FOR THE TIMER

~This one is easy to spot as it just looks like the timer when you pop one of those "Birthday cakes". When the timer ends, a certain portion of your HP is being taken away and you are unable to move for a certain amount of time. This is one of the main causes of death in Corvis encounters because there are instances where he use this attack while you needed to stand on pools. When you are attacking from a pool and this timer shows up, step away from the pool immediately to prevent the risk of dying. .

FOR THE UNDEAD CONSTRUCT

~Undead Construct usually appears when Corvis is at 50% of his HP along with either of the two shields. Get rid of Undead Construct as soon as possible using the pools because his red zones are sometimes hard to see especially when it is launched to the pool. This red zone can possibly one hit you if you are not overly geared.

I guess that's it, also, if I have forgotten something or if you have anything to add/suggest, please feel free to write it down. Happy Farming and see you in Mausoleum!

Special thanks to @reyals for the clarification.
    Last edited by Enraged; 08-04-2020 at 10:15 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enraged For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
    I have been doing some mausoleum raids lately and I noticed that most players I run with (mostly new players, sometimes even old folks) do not how to deal with Corvis so I just wanna share some tip.

First thing that you should do is to have the Auto-use HP/MANA potion in settings turned on. This choice is optional, if you think you can spam your hp and mana potions really quick, then you do not need this at all.

Purple Shield

~If Corvis has the purple shield on, your damage is reduced drastically and your only way to counter it is by attacking from a distance while standing in a Yellow Pool . The yellow pool totally nullifies the damage debuff but it drains both of your HP and mana (this is where the auto potions come into play).

~Another thing is, if you are at EXALTED RANK and have taken the path of being a LUMINOUS TEMPLAR then you are completely immune to the damage debuff. You do not need to go to the yellow pool at all.

Yellow Shield

~Same as the purple shield, your damage is reduced drastically aswell and your only way to counter this debuff is again, attacking from a distance while standing on a Purple Pool . The purple pool does the exact same thing as the yellow pool which is why I recommend to make use of the "auto-use potion" in settings.

~ If you are at EXALTED RANK, and have taken the path of being a DARK APOSTLE then you are completely immune to the damage debuff. You do not need to go the purple pool at all.

FOR THE TIMER

~This one is easy to spot as it just looks like the timer when you pop one of those "Birthday cakes". When the timer ends, a certain portion of your HP is being taken away and you are unable to move for a certain amount of time. This is one of the main causes of death in Corvis encounters because there are instances where he use this attack while you needed to stand on pools. When you are attacking from a pool and this timer shows up, step away from the pool immediately to prevent the risk of dying. .

FOR THE UNDEAD CONSTRUCT

~Undead Construct usually appears when Corvis is at 50% of his HP along with either of the two shields. Get rid of Undead Construct as soon as possible using the pools because his red zones are sometimes hard to see especially when it is launched to the pool. This red zone can possibly one hit you if you are not overly geared.

I guess that's it, also, if I have forgotten something or if you have anything to add/suggest, please feel free to write it down. Happy Farming and see you in Mausoleum!
    tip: use dark apostle bombs to keep him stunned this will avoid him from using shields at all

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to picklewickles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by picklewickles View Post
    tip: use dark apostle bombs to keep him stunned this will avoid him from using shields at all

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    ^yes and only those who are dark apostles can use them.
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I would just.... ATTACC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    I would just.... ATTACC
    Most players do which is why they are taking longer to kill the boss than it should be. Hope this helped though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I have been doing some mausoleum raids lately and I noticed that most players I run with (mostly new players, sometimes even old folks) do not know how to deal with Corvis so I just wanna share some tip.

Purple Shield

~If Corvis has the purple shield on, your damage is reduced drastically and your only way to counter it is by attacking from a distance while standing in a Yellow Pool . The yellow pool totally nullifies the damage debuff but it drains your HP (this is where the auto potions come into play).

Yellow Shield

~ Same as the purple shield, your damage is reduced drastically aswell and your only way to counter this debuff is again, attacking from a distance while standing on a Purple Pool . The purple pool does the exact same thing as the yellow pool which is why I recommend to make use of the "auto-use potion" in settings.

at Exalted Rank:

If you step on a wrong pool, it keeps your HP down only to 50% but the damage debuff is not removed (yes, just a waste of potions). If you are on the right pool, it will keep your HP down to 30-33%.

FOR THE TIMER

FOR THE UNDEAD CONSTRUCT

Extremely helpful post! Never knew how it works until now lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Another tip is to save all ulti until the undead construct has been spawned. Many players die when the undead construct spawns, so its good to use your ulti at that time so that you can kill it asap ^-^

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Purple Shield

Yellow Shield

at Exalted Rank:

FOR THE TIMER

FOR THE UNDEAD CONSTRUCT

Thanks for this post! I always wondered what to do to remove the shield and People said its random... But thanks for the clarification!

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Thank you for this post! This tips will be helpful from now on.