Thread: Guild age requirement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Guild age requirement

I have one problem these days getting into a endgame guild I've tried almost all and they all say the same thing 15+ or 17+ or somthin or another *the thing is with the age restriction you are missing out on many good players *even if they are not all I want you ppl I think of is at least give us kids a chance if it doesn't work out then boot them by all means
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadbite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Yes, nice thread

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Agreed however! Most kids lie about there age on here... It's private info to however idc... I'm 14 play own and proud of it so those guilds who don't accept me or you it's there lost!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sryyoulose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Hey im 13 and i definately agree that age has nothing to do with how you act. i have seen 10 year olds with more self control than some 20 year olds. Its all about what kind of person you are.

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

^ I agree ^ somebody with amazing patience and skill Cosmicghost! Both the voodoo and the main XD admire the wAy you carry yourself bro <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zappaxe:579948
    Hey im 13 and i definately agree that age has nothing to do with how you act. i have seen 10 year olds with more self control than some 20 year olds. Its all about what kind of person you are.
    Age definatly has sometHing to do with how you act. Mature teenagers like yourself are exceptions, not the rule.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Sometimes its just an excuse that they dont want you in :/
    Im 13 too and i had a few chars in endgame and they never asked me anything.
    But i rly hate the age requirement too! Why does it care? 18+ talk isnt allowed so...
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mageprodigy View Post
    Sometimes its just an excuse that they dont want you in :/
    Im 13 too and i had a few chars in endgame and they never asked me anything.
    But i rly hate the age requirement too! Why does it care? 18+ talk isnt allowed so...
    Haha 18+ talk lol! Yeah Agreed I do say that older player spend more platinum... Maybe that's why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree too! Good thing my guild doesn't have that! If they did, i wouldn't have a guild

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I never believed in age guild restriction because there's no way to verify it, it's still the internet, anyone can lie. But I'd like to share my opinion on a related topic which is maturity (in general). Let's just say my age is beyond the maximum number of calendar days in a month. I agree, 13 is not far from 18, both are still kids from my view. Maturity has got nothing to do with age, that's a psychological fact although there are many who do not agree. Generally, older people are more mature, but maturity is not determined by age. For every mature 50 year old, I am certain that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of immature 50 year olds, or, for every immature 20 year old, I am also certain that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of mature 20 year olds. The point is, age is not a determining factor. However, it is also a fact, the any (legal) jurisprudence in the world today considers age as a determining factor for someone's maturity on "SOME" aspects such as: Driving, Drinking, Legal Contracts, even consent to sex, making legal decisions, even juvenile detention recognized the age factor of criminals, etc. So in totality it may look like I just contradicted myself, but it's simply a case of what a maturity is and what it is not, or in other words, "it depends". One thing is certain though, the definition of maturity, which is the manner of a person's reaction to external forces like people, news, politics, religion, work, taxes, etc. The more "learned" and "logical" you reaction is rather than instinctive, is the barometer of someone maturity, but whether to say age has got something to do with how each person responds to said things is false (again, although many would disagree, but I'd rather hold on to my psychology 101 manual). What you want to use in this issue is the term "wisdom" not maturity. Older people are wiser than young ones because of the simple fact that they have seen, felt, learned, experienced things that youngsters haven't. To relate everything I've said in PL, no I don't believe age restriction is a good way to filter "mature members" but it is a good way to filter "wise" members. For you to know for sure if a player is mature, you will have to engage him/her whether direct or indirect (spy alt) just like what you do in real life when you want to get to know someone. You do not say, I don't want to associate with this person because he/she is younger than me by this much, that's being immature (see what I did there?).

P.S.: Wisdom is a person's insight or perception on things which is improved by experience and acquired through time, while maturity is a person's awareness and grasp of realities more like self-awareness. You can be mature, but not wise. As acquiring experience require some time, even the human brain has its limit to absorb. You can be wise, but not mature. As you may have experienced a lot in life which means you have first hand knowledge of various things in life, but, it's possible that you have not yet reached a high level of maturity such as being a racist. Both are independent of the other, but wisdom comes in time, maturity doesn't. To advance your filter and finish my point, you may also want to determine a player's age in PL, as far as PL, a guy who's over a year playing is wiser than a guy who's playing 2 months because of the simple fact that the guy who's played over a year has seen (items,price,etc), played (PVE), and beat (PVP) more , however, it doesn't mean the guy who's playing over a year is more mature. That's my 2 cents. Thank you.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 03-10-2012 at 01:26 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

i agree with you all thank you for all your imput i found a guuld were i am at home now so im happy MOM (masters of mayhem)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugotsnipedddd View Post
    i agree with you all thank you for all your imput i found a guuld were i am at home now so im happy MOM (masters of mayhem)
    OMG! Lol? I'm in it too and im only 12 Thank god they made an exception for me!

Pew Pew Pew --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) --) KASPLAT! (D34D)
    IGN: Thedexfalcon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

aparently its 13+ plus now but idk things change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Guild age requirement

Wow I didnt know there were such things as guild age requirements. That's so... Idk. Dumb. Why would anyone do that?! XD that makes no sense lol. Hahhahahahaha
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>