Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparkling Pwnies - Dead for now? For good? Only time will tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Arrow Sparkling Pwnies - Dead for now? For good? Only time will tell.

Hello friends, enemies, and randoms!

Due to some unfortunate events and a massive chain reaction that stemmed from a few bad apples, the Pwnies are facing their biggest injury yet. As it stands, the guild is dead. I have taken over the reigns as guild master and have ceased all recruitment for the guild. Currently, we simply do not have the active member base for me to justify welcoming a new person into the guild. I would feel wrong about inviting someone into a guild where they would be alone and bored.

A huge part of me is wanting to just retire the guild for good, and call it a good run. However, I have seen too many good times, and made too many friends under the pwny name to just let it die. Being one of the few beta guilds still standing, I feel I would be doing it a injustice by just giving up. Instead, I am just working on a long term plan to rebuild. For all intents and purposes, the guild and presence as you know it, will probably be gone. I doubt you will see many of us running around at all even. However, since day 1 of the guild we have always went through a similar cycle. Our guild has thrived on one key fact. We have about the best core group of players anyone could ask for. Our core group is dedicated, knowledgeable, hilarious, and about the best I could ask for. This core group is still in the guild, as they always will be. Many of them, like myself, could not even fathom leaving the guild because of bad times. We are a family, and even though our core group are split between a few different games already (each flying the Sparkling Pwny banner), we remain strong on our forums, on team speak, and in spirit.

Normally, what happens is: Our core group gets bored of content and begins to dwindle away to different projects or games while waiting for the next update. The guild slightly suffers, but is held together by our die hard SL members until we return. Then, when a new update comes around, all of our core members come flooding back, and through our massive teamwork to dominate endgame content, we experience a recruiting craze. This has been the cycle since the guild was formed. The problem we are facing now is different. While our core group was away, an atom bomb of drama tore our guild to pieces. And as the activity in the guild dwindled because of this, people slowly began to drift away. My plan to revive the guild is simple:

- Clean up the ranks. Meaning, I will cut the fat of any diehard or wishywashy member. Only true Pwnies will remain.
    - Get rid of recruiter status. The Pwnies have no need for recruiters at the moment... if ever.
    - Maintain a presence in SL as guild master, and try to bring back a few of my core group to help me maintain this presence.
    - Keep an eye out for anyone who would be excited about helping reform the guild to it's past glory and possibly joining the ranks of our core group as a family.
    - Once DL releases, we of course will make an appearance there to test the waters. maybe use that burst in activity to feed SL's activity.
    - Once SL has another update, wait for all of the old players to come flooding back. Once that happens, I will open up recruitment once more and use that momentum and activity to rebuild the guild.
    - Once I have an active member base again, I will strive to continually maintain it, even if I have to do it myself. Hopefully, after spending the extra time to find quality recruits, and well placing officers, this will not be an issue.
    - The main thing I will stress is quality recruitment. No longer will Pwnies be a simple place to join as long as you meet level cap. Recruitment will be stricter, expectations will be higher. We set out to be an elite endgame guild that dominated every aspect of the game, and we succeeded for a long time. I am not going to sacrifice these values just to try and get a bunch of members. If it takes months, fine. If it takes a year, fine.

I am writing this because I feel it is needed. I feel that, like us or hate us, the Pwnies have been sewn into the fabric of Star Legends, and it should not simply die off without a word.

If I fail at rebuilding this guild from scratch, then I want to thank each and every one of you for the fun times, debates, flames, any experience at all that we had related to our guild. The guild started as a joke, and ended up succeeding and surpassing all of my expectations of it. I am proud of it and will remain a Pwny for the rest of my days. Whether it be in SL, DL, WoM, Aika, SWToR, Rift, wherever I may be, you are sure to find this guild.

To the future!

Let's make it SPARKLE!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Can I be a random friendly ennemy????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Can I be a random friendly ennemy????
    Granted! I hate you buddy, whoever you are!

Let's make it SPARKLE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Get well soon Pwnies!
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Momo me and Shreeya Always wid you buddy (forever Pwnies)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rittik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

If there is any way I can help I will gladfully help you.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Makes me sad to see so many good members go. Even the person who invited me has left
    But when new content comes i believe lots of people will join/come back to have amazing, fun times with this guild.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taipan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I thought something was wrong when i saw the leaderboards last night...
    My guild Is now number 1 for engineers. Which to me struck me as cool at first, then I realized something must of happend to the Bigger guilds.

Now I know why!
    And Morfic, I am deeply sorry to hear the bad news. I think it's great how your going to rebuild the guild back to its former glory, and I wish you all the best of luck. Remember, right now its quality in your guild not quantity. So build the foundations up with that and you will have a prosperous and healthy family again
    Looking forward to hearing about your progress. All the Best- Mitchturbo.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Good words Mitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Speaking as someone who likes what your guild stands for and has had fun times with your hilarious guildies, I really want your guild to survive and thrive again. Good luck Morfic it's amazing that you've kept Sparkling Pwnies alive - I'd have been sad to see you go.
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheChairmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Ouch! The pwnie members actually new how to use there dang skills... It wasn't a NOOB run or a lame EVERYONE SURGE FORWARD run when I did with them... Then they kicked me XD said they needed spot another guildy sad to see people actually knowledgeable about the game go bye bye =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Ouch! The pwnie members actually new how to use there dang skills... It wasn't a NOOB run or a lame EVERYONE SURGE FORWARD run when I did with them... Then they kicked me XD said they needed spot another guildy sad to see people actually knowledgeable about the game go bye bye =(
    Yeah, I've run with a few pwnies, and they were - to use a slang cliche - "leet". It's sad to see people like this driven off SL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Thats sad to hear i really gotta get on our private forum more.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

No worries friends the pwnies will still live. i have no plans to go anywhere else and look forward to finding those players who share the same pwnie beliefs. We still have quite a few players that have not capped so we will still climb the leaderboards. Also with the resergence of "Lil Pwnies" our starter guild i am hard at work helping new players learn the and the pwnie way. Those that have the drive to succeed in the game with a fun and great helping attitude will make great pwnies. Already have a couple that worked hard and were very excited about making it to Sparkling Pwnies. No friend we are not dead we are just simply rebuilding with great players who love to have fun and help others. I will always be a Pwnie even if I am that last one standing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    No worries friends the pwnies will still live. i have no plans to go anywhere else and look forward to finding those players who share the same pwnie beliefs. We still have quite a few players that have not capped so we will still climb the leaderboards. Also with the resergence of "Lil Pwnies" our starter guild i am hard at work helping new players learn the and the pwnie way. Those that have the drive to succeed in the game with a fun and great helping attitude will make great pwnies. Already have a couple that worked hard and were very excited about making it to Sparkling Pwnies. No friend we are not dead we are just simply rebuilding with great players who love to have fun and help others. I will always be a Pwnie even if I am that last one standing.
    Good news good luck rebuilding!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

We are back in business, no worries everyone!
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    We are back in business, no worries everyone!
    That's so good to hear! :-) *Free bag of home baked cookies* That's for you to share around your guild!
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Good news! Hope all goes well for you in future!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

That is great guys. I have a question what happen to lilmiss she was a good friend of mine have not seen her in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

She took a break for personal reasons. But then during that break she informed us that she would not be coming back.

Who knows, maybe she will one day, but for now she is retired.

Let's make it SPARKLE!