Thread: Racing Problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Racing Problems

I'd like to start off by saying this is one of my favorite events ever! I wish they would add this to the game permanently. I still own and play the original mario kart games.

That being said I'd like to mention the major problems and their fixes. They are big enough that if you are on mobile or bad net you cant keep up, or in some cases even run event. Many of my guildies are not even playing due to this.

First off people on computer have a major advantage. They can hold the buttons at the start allowing them to take off faster and get to the prime boosts first. They can also hold the gas while spamming boost allowing them to catch me from behind when i have started perfect and made no mistake. If they are even decent at it they can get first almost everytime and consistently have 4 or 5 seconds better times in races. .

The best fix would be making the buttons up and active at the start on mobile. They also should have a bigger area to touch as if u miss by a tiny amount u basically lose the race. Large square pads as many app games have, work best with virtual gamepads. The turning buttons should also be movable, as on my tablet they are twords the middle and it makes it extremely difficult and uncomfortable to drive.

On to scoring and ranking issues. All other events you get more points and tokens as event goes on. In this event If you are bad at racing or dealing with device or connection issues you will NOT hit platinum. The best fix for this would be to balance the scoring. It should be 50, 40, 30, 20, or at least 50, 30, 20, 10. Ten times the difference between first and last is too much. Most people are lucky to get 50 points in three runs which makes it a bit much that just being on computer gives you that each run.

Lastly all other events give an energy essence at the end of each run. Which helps out a lot and would make a difference especially with how broken this event already is. If you finish the race you should get an energy essence.

I do good in the event and usually finish first or second. So I'm not saying this because it can't be done. But this is the most broken event with the most amazing potential Ive played. If there is someone on pc in my race I'm pretty much guaranteed to not get first. If multiple its gonna be a third or fourth. Even though i do pretty good and farm energy I will quite possibly not get platinum tier.

I rarely say anything about event problems in the forum as I feel STS does a great job with events. But seeing my guild list and very few in event bothers me. Obviously if these major problems were fixed it would be a better and fairer event for all!

I do hope everyone has a great event and as much fun as I have been having!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

+1 But just saying People gonna be toxic here aswell. They would say Stop crying and stuff. Facts Especially PC Users

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ
    Last edited by Prabsimar Chhabra; 08-06-2020 at 03:54 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Prabsimar Chhabra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Also with these problems and on a new glitchy event I have heard many say and I agree that 19k points is a bit high to get plat. Should be more like 12...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prabsimar Chhabra View Post
    +1 But just saying People gonna be toxic here aswell. They would say Stop crying and stuff. Facts Especially PC Users

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ
    Ya I know man thx for the warning. I been playing games since before many were born, so any words of criticism would just be wasted on me. I dont care what they think. Just mine and many other opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Oh also I can get on computer and prove this. But I perfer to play on tablet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

+1 it should stay as well as getting more maps to race and maybe even it could have some elements from other racing games like attacking other players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Mike View Post
    +1 it should stay as well as getting more maps to race and maybe even it could have some elements from other racing games like attacking other players
    Totally would be rad with more maps and the ability to collide lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Do you guys still race? I quit that event 2 days after release cant win any

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Most quit i didnt bother wasting a 2nd day for only furniture cars lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Ikr, I have 120 points, bought the carts from cs and am prowling the forums til the next thing. However I still applaud the “something new” even if it wasn’t my cup of tea. I wouldn’t gripe if it’s repeated next year but 1 week would surely suffice.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sadly I agree. I can Literally tell who is on PC by their scores. Also the LAG thing is killing me. Every race it looks like I get the boost then someone literally a few meters behind me (on my screen) gets the boost. thats life.... I am on mobile, I have three chars at gold tier with four days to go its not looking like I will get platinum. my experience has been literally the same as mentioned on this thread. I asked someone if they were on pc (they got 57 seconds!) and they abused me... lolz

Must admit as frustrating as the glitches, lag losses, pc boost spamming and guessing where my start buttons are - this has been a very fun event for me! loving it!!
    Last edited by Chrissole; 08-08-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissole View Post
    Sadly I agree. I can Literally tell who is on PC by their scores. Also the LAG thing is killing me. Every race it looks like I get the boost then someone literally a few meters behind me (on my screen) gets the boost. thats life.... I am on mobile, I have three chars at gold tier with four days to go its not looking like I will get platinum. my experience has been literally the same as mentioned on this thread. I asked someone if they were on pc (they got 57 seconds!) and they abused me... lolz

Must admit as frustrating as the glitches, lag losses, pc boost spamming and guessing where my start buttons are - this has been a very fun event for me! loving it!!
    Yes thats exactly what im talking. Since we cannot do anything about lag. It would be nice if they evened the playing field by fixing some of these other problems. I can out race my son consistently every race. But if he gets on computer he gets similar times as me and even beats some of the fasties on top of leaderboard. It should be fixed...