Thread: iPad 1 or iPad 2, will there be a difference?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default iPad 1 or iPad 2, will there be a difference?

Hello fellow adventurers,

I've been playing Pocket Legends on my iPhone for quite some time and I really enjoy it. Sadly playing on such a small screen isn't easy, hitting abilities for example can be quite difficult because they already cover up half the screen. I've been thinking about buying an iPad for several months now for multiple reasons but I would truly like to play this game as well. At the moment I'm in a bit of a weird position. I could either buy an iPad 1 right now which does almost everything I wanted to buy an iPad for, or I could save up for a little while longer and buy an iPad 2. What I'm wondering, in terms of Pokcet Legends, will there be a noticeable difference between playing on an iPad 1 or iPad 2? Will it for example run faster on an iPad 2 due to the dual core processor?

In all honesty I don't think it will impact my decision much. I'm not willing to spend 100+ euro just to be able to play this game, but I would like to know if games like these actually run smoother on an iPad 2.

Bovan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I used to play on an iPad1, but I got the new one for Christmas. the iPad1 is an AMAZING device to play pl on. Once you go tablet you can't go back. If I were you I would save for the iPad 2. Better graphics+it comes with a camera!

EDIT: yeah I forgot to mention... iPad 2 seems to run a bit smoother, but iPad1 is still VERY playable and sooooo much better then playing on your phone.

P.S. welcome to the forums!
    Last edited by Appleisaac; 03-01-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Appleisaac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    I used to play on an iPad1, but I got the new one for Christmas. the iPad1 is an AMAZING device to play pl on. Once you go tablet you can't go back. If I were you I would save for the iPad 2. Better graphics+it comes with a camera!
    Thanks for your response

I've been thinking about it for a bit but I'm still not completely sure. The main thing is, I'm not planning to use the camera and I can live without being able to hook it up on my TV. The iPad 2 has a dual core processor so it should run multiple heavy applications a bit smoother but I'm not sure if I want to pay so much extra money just for that. If games/applications like Pocket Legends run just as well on the iPad 1 then that'll do just as well.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Bilaxman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

If you wait a bit longer, the iPad 3 is suppose to come out later this year. That means the iPad 2 will become cheaper (or you could get iPad 3) I've also heard that DL might not run well on the original iPad... if you decide to play DL.

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>? Click here!
    AL Index of Guides | PL Index of Guides | SL Index of Guides

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bilaxman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That was a great tip Bilaxman, I had no idea the iPad 3 was right around the corner. After looking around it turns out there will be a press event on the 7th of March where they talk about release dates as well as specifications. I'm just going to wait till that event and then see if the release for the iPad 3 isn't too far away.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Bilaxman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That was a great tip Bilaxman, I had no idea the iPad 3 was right around the corner. After looking around it turns out there will be a press event on the 7th of March where they talk about release dates as well as specifications. I'm just going to wait till that event and then see if the release for the iPad 3 isn't too far away.
    I'm glad I was able to help!

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>? Click here!
    AL Index of Guides | PL Index of Guides | SL Index of Guides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Smoother... Probably... Better screen and better pvp... Heck yeah... But if you have small fingers you might have some problems lol... But hey my hands are big ^_^

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

If you really are looking for an ipad. Apple I rumored to release a cheaper ipad alongside the ipad 3
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Also if you are at all interested in Dark Legends, the last that I recall being posted was that the iPad 1 did not have enough "horsepower" to handle the game. So I'd say save a bit longer and go with the 2 or 3.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.