Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to protect your account from being hacked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Default How to protect your account from being hacked.

I have noticed lately many people have been getting hacked in AL but they haven't shared their acc info with anyone. I know how they are being hacked I won't say how and I will not mess with people's accounts but what I can do is make your Arcane Legends account 100% protected and unhackable.
    1- Most Important- Use a different password for everything. This is more secure than a 2 face identification set up. If you use the same pass words for everything then hackers will try your account and pass on anything they can. Its very easy to obtain.
    2 Use a different email for things. Have an email for gaming, an email for social media, an email for irl stuff.
    3 Do not even give people your email address and password common sense, it is stupid how we use emails to send stuff and receive stuff. Once you have someone's email it is pretty easy to hijack the pass to it if they don't have much protection and use the same login for everything.
    4 Your in game name, that alone can get you hacked as well. If you use the same username on multiple websites and games and your info is leaked then all someone has to do is find your username and your email + password is shown right next to it. This only will get you hacked if you use the same email and pass for everything.
    5 Do not click on links you don't know about. All you have to do is click the wrong link or connect to a "free wifi" internet connection out in public and someone has every inch of information on your phone. Use a vpn when you can while in public or when visiting odd sites. What a vpn does it blocks trackers so you and your data can not be traced.
    I used a vpn on my fake link ip tracer. As you can see the ip address location is in the middle of some lake.
    Name:  lala.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  18.8 KBName:  bbb.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  70.8 KB
    Last edited by Encryptions; 08-11-2020 at 05:06 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Im affraid ot changing my pass because of ban. Afraid also using vpn same reason. Sometimes because of lag even using vpn i accidentally click the ads T_T and now i carefully not click any of link.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Im affraid ot changing my pass because of ban. Afraid also using vpn same reason. Sometimes because of lag even using vpn i accidentally click the ads T_T and now i carefully not click any of link.
    They won't ban you for changing your own password. It would be stupid if they did considering they have that as an option in game.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

Frankly, if you've ever used the email/pw combo that you use for the game anywhere else, change your password.

That's the most common way you get 'hacked' other than having given your credentials directly to someone. If someone knows the email you use for the game, it's trivial to crossreference it with password leaks from other places.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Frankly, if you've ever used the email/pw combo that you use for the game anywhere else, change your password.

That's the most common way you get 'hacked' other than having given your credentials directly to someone. If someone knows the email you use for the game, it's trivial to crossreference it with password leaks from other places.
    Very true..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    They won't ban you for changing your own password. It would be stupid if they did considering they have that as an option in game.
    Yeah its already stupid, *got banned because plat offer considering they have that as an optin in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darrh View Post
    Yeah its already stupid, *got banned because plat offer considering they have that as an optin in game.
    It says only do each offer once. I do hate the fact that when I buy a new phone which is often. I'll go look at offers on my own acc and see some of the ones I already completed there again which confuses me and makes me scared to do offers since I could accidentally do the same one twice without realizing it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Yeah, the only real way to prevent this is make sure your AL password is different from all other passwords. As Cinco mentioned, the way that they "hack" accounts is just by using database websites and crossreferencing leaked passwords to usernames/emails and trying them on AL. That's how they did it to Harlequin, and that's how they can do it to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    It is scary when people say they got hacked and don't know how but you can change your password safely by going to 'modify account'.🙂
    I'm glad this has been brought up because I've been wanting clarity about the subject of hacking and ways to prevent it.
    I take the obvious precautions i.e. not letting anyone know my password, is there any other precautions we should take?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    It is scary when people say they got hacked and don't know how but you can change your password safely by going to 'modify account'.��
    I'm glad this has been brought up because I've been wanting clarity about the subject of hacking and ways to prevent it.
    I take the obvious precautions i.e. not letting anyone know my password, is there any other precautions we should take?
    Maybe use a custom gmail address just for AL or a password that you only use for AL, great ways of staying secured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

In addition to this, many email services include confirmation of login by phone number, they send you a code so you can log in, very secure and very useful to avoid being hacked

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conat View Post
    In addition to this, many email services include confirmation of login by phone number, they send you a code so you can log in, very secure and very useful to avoid being hacked

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9S mediante Tapatalk
    Thats 2 step verification. Al doesn't have it so if someone gets your email and pass then you are screwed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Thats 2 step verification. Al doesn't have it so if someone gets your email and pass then you are screwed.

Well, then this is something that AL should provide if possible.
    Or at least send out an email/warning when the account has been used from an unusual device or when there was an attempt to log-in that failed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakatudi View Post
    Well, then this is something that AL should provide if possible.
    Or at least send out an email/warning when the account has been used from an unusual device or when there was an attempt to log-in that failed.
    Just use different passwords for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I agree with encryp, even changing password or just having a different password for each site doesnt help as much. I always use a different password for everything but I happen to use the same email for AL and a social media site. And few days ago my account got banned as someone tried to hack into it. Thankfully tho the support team sorted it out and got it unbanned in no time for which I'm really grateful for.

Ps. Shoutout the the STS support for being awesome in times like these
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Subscribe to my youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO0...z6RyxEmULMg13Q
    Anyways now that that's out the way, another thing you should do is check on websites like haveibeenpwned to see if there were any leaks with your info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Hope sts make a pin lock to stash and to all items that important like arcane so if some one hack an account they cannot transfer all, but what if the hacker do someone like illegal thing on my account then the account got ban?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    I agree with encryp, even changing password or just having a different password for each site doesnt help as much. I always use a different password for everything but I happen to use the same email for AL and a social media site. And few days ago my account got banned as someone tried to hack into it. Thankfully tho the support team sorted it out and got it unbanned in no time for which I'm really grateful for.

Ps. Shoutout the the STS support for being awesome in times like these
    Lucky you used a different password for al than the one you used for the website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Share this thread with your friends. Be careful.