Thread: How to have a lot of stims!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Default How to have a lot of stims!

Not a big surprise: level to 5, stash, and delete... but here's the best way, in my opinion. I've been doing it all weekend, and on the bus. It's kind of like farming.

THIS IS FOR NEW PLAYERS WHO ARE STRAPPED FOR CASH

You do not need an available character slot if you have access to two devices. In which case, instead of stashing, meet yourself and do a trade.

Method I (earns more credits)

1. I use an engineer because s/he can use leech and empathy. Commando was definitely too slow and op, though fast, had to pause and wait for health to restore at a rate of 1/s. I just let the turntable pick the gender and name and face and hair.

2. I skip tutorial. The tutorial takes 3:10 but you can get to the same XP number in 2:05 just grinding.

3. I take the first quest. It's another 15 cr, so why not? I complete the level to complete the quest. No side rooms. Yes, open weapons lockers.

4. I LOCK level 2 and take the second question, and clear. It's 15 more cr, plus it breaks up the monotony. Yes, open weapons lockers. No side rooms but the one required room. Strategy on turrets is Run in, run back out and around a corner, slay the ones who chase you, then go back for the turret.

PAUSE for healing - Take the Blackstar Tour (50 cr). After level 2 I am down on health (but still have 25 of each stim). The Blackstar Tour gives XP, credits, and has no risk. Now is also a good time to liquidate all that 1 cr loot.

5. I grind on the free daily elixir. I do not open doors or weapons lockers. I kill 13, remake, kill 13 more, etc. 6 times.

Then when I hit level 5, and still have elixir, I run around opening weapons lockers. No need for more XP as you are about to delete, but the loot is better when you reach level 5.

Now, go to Stash and prepare to delete. DO NOT liquidate anything Class I or Mark I. All L5 gear that is not surplus is worth 150 to 200 cr. Once I got 5 items to sell which, after listing costs, netted me 650 cr. Transfer sellable items, credits, and all stims to stash.

Rinse and Repeat. Elapsed time: about 20 minutes. Total haul: about 225 cr, 25 of each stim, and 300-500 worth of sellable items. Value of 25 of each stim pack = 1300 cr.

Total gain after 3 runs (one hour) = 75 of each stim, enough to buy another 25, and items worth enough to buy another 100 stims.

Method II (faster and simpler, thanks to Drew)

1. Use a commando for area of effect to kill faster. Let turntable assign goofy name, gender, hair and skin color.

2. Skip tutorial

3. Take first quest, grind on the free daily elixir. I do not open doors or weapons lockers. I kill 13, remake, kill 13 more, etc.

PAUSE for healing - same as above. Do the Blackstar Tour whenever you are healing up for extra credits.

4. If free daily runs out (first time mine ran out with 17 xp remaining till 5), just keep grinding. You get half xp at this point so 17, for instance, takes about 3 more runs.

Elapsed time about 8 minutes. Total haul about 150 credits, 25 of each stim, and one or two sellable items.

Method III (just die and get it over with...)

This is the same as II but you do not take the quest, you do not heal, you never pop a chest, you never go to B* until you reach L5. And if you die, don't respawn and run back, create a new instance.

Total haul = about 100 cr and 25 of each stim
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 03-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great method. I'll have to use it some time, thnx! ^_^

Ign~ Eiko
    (>'.')> Lil Pwnies <('.'<)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Great now the stash is only going to be available at level 37. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:584946
    Great now the stash is only going to be available at level 37. :P
    Yes! Im 38!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stompartist View Post
    great now the stash is only going to be available at level 37.
    lololol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

They arent that expensive Lol. Earn some cold hard cash for once! -shakes fist-
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

hahahaha true but a level 5 to 10 player does not have such cash. this is to help them over the hump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Loot a vanity. You'll have 9999 of each stim.

Nice method by the way.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I added another method, although I still prefer the way I do it (variety is the spice of life), the way Drew does it is faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I find that begging on the concourse gets you enough credits. :P

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

When I do my rush to L5 on a comm, I try to focus on doing a few things to keep the runs as fast as possible:

I watch the "auto". There are times when you press auto, and it doesn't stick. If you don't notice, you waste precious seconds on your daily enhancer!

I try to stand as far away as possible from my target. The closer I am to the next set of mobs, the faster I can start shooting them. This is especially important when shooting and walking away from the last guy at the barrel (enemy #6) and when triggering the reinforcements while shooting enemies #7-9.

Use skills wisely. Get a feel for the cooldowns so that you get as much usage as possible without running out of mana. However, you'll want to be just about out of mana by the time your next level comes around. If you mistimed your cooldowns or mana remaining when you get to enemies #10-13, you're not being efficient. Those are the guys on which you want to definitely put your AoE to good use!

By the time your daily enhancer is exhausted you can be about 6-10xp away from L5 if you were doing efficient runs. On that run, finishing the rest of the map should get you to L5.

Optional: Before accepting the daily enhancer, find unstarted runs with a L5+ present (or use a second account on a second device) to get a higher threat level and slightly higher xp per kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to drewcapu For This Useful Post: