Thread: Thoughts on Grand Prix Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Thoughts on Grand Prix Event

After having the event for 2 weeks, I think the event has a whole lot of room for improvement. There were a few times that I have enjoyed the event, but there were also a lot of infuriating times that I have had with the event because of its issues.

The first, and probably most glaring issue, is the controls. The controls are what probably turned a lot of people off on the event because they just crashed into walls too much. I got used to the controls, but I still don't feel safe with the controls. I always feel like I'm about to crash into a wall. Pair this with a track that has many tight corners and you have drunk driving simulator. You can adjust the controls in the game options if you're on mobile, but I wish there was also an option on pc. I also didn't like how we had to spam the boost button to go faster. It got pretty distracting and it just boiled down to who can spam boost better instead of who can drive better. I would prefer boosts to just be tap and forget about them, or turn the power-ups into boost pads.

The track had a starting line that was way too close to a turn and should be placed back a bit to let players react to the turn better. I think there should be a novice, intermediate, advanced, and expert track to allow players to master the controls. When you start off the event, you race on the novice track. The novice track is very easy to drive on and lets players get a feel for the controls. At bronze tier, you unlock the intermediate track, which gives more points and tokens. At silver, you unlock the advanced track, which gives even more points and tokens. At gold, you unlock the expert track which is the most difficult track, but is the most rewarding.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 08-13-2020 at 10:08 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    After having the event for 2 weeks, I think the event has a whole lot of room for improvement. There were a few times that I have enjoyed the event, but there were also a lot of infuriating times that I have had with the event because of its issues.

The first, and probably most glaring issue, is the controls. Pair this with a track that has many tight corners and you have drunk driving simulator. You can adjust the controls in the game options if you're on mobile, but I wish there was also an option on pc. I also didn't like how we had to spam the boost button to go faster. It got pretty distracting and it just boiled down to who can spam boost better instead of who can drive better. I would prefer boosts to just be tap and forget about them, or turn the power-ups into boost pads.

The track had a starting line that was way too close to a turn and should be placed back a bit to let players react to the turn better. I think there should be a novice, intermediate, advanced, and expert track to allow players to master the controls. When you start off the event, you race on the novice track. The novice track is very easy to drive on and lets players get a feel for the controls. At bronze tier, you unlock the intermediate track, which gives more points and tokens. At silver, you unlock the advanced track, which gives even more points and tokens. At gold, you unlock the expert track which is the most difficult track, but is the most rewarding.
    +1i like the tracks idea

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
    ~Abdu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

+1

What would be also nice is if the gas was automatic , and brakes are the bottom of the screen , cause its also about who boosts first and makes it to the boost first wins ^^)

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
    Pessimism Leads To Nowhere .. But Optimism Leads To The Top !! So Stay Positive !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

IMO its pretty good but its not fair for mobile players to match up with pc players, my solution to this is only pc players can match up with pc players and mobile players can only match up with mobile players so it will be fair for everyone and the scoring system is terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The event was good tbh. Although I rarely came first but I improved and mostly came second.. But there were many bugs and glitches in the event which was one drawback.. plus the pc players had a fair advantage against the mobile players.. I played it to get that white racing vanity(rog) since it's untradable and will be rare in future. I know a lot of players didnt play it cos they found it hard to control.. But according to me it was a big surprise for all for us.. Never thought we would be riding cars in Al so I liked it despite the event having some drawbacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post

The first, and probably most glaring issue, is the controls. The controls are what probably turned a lot of people off on the event because they just crashed into walls too much. I got used to the controls, but I still don't feel safe with the controls. I always feel like I'm about to crash into a wall. Pair this with a track that has many tight corners and you have drunk driving simulator. You can adjust the controls in the game options if you're on mobile, but I wish there was also an option on pc. I also didn't like how we had to spam the boost button to go faster. It got pretty distracting and it just boiled down to who can spam boost better instead of who can drive better. I would prefer boosts to just be tap and forget about them, or turn the power-ups into boost pads.

To be honest for me.... Too hard to control..... I like the effort but, I could actually control Mario Cart (loved that game)....... So, yeah..........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Some more maps would definately combat the insane wave of boredom that hits you after a few days of running the event.
    Controls are subjective, for me it was a piece of cake but i saw some people swerve on the course looking like they were 9 glasses deep, maybe a customizable control scheme would help solve some of these problems, take PUBG mobile as an example, with the entire interface totally customizable.
    I cant speak for pc experiences because i only play the game on mobile, but the whole spam boost thing should be changed, it’s not very fair overall.

And 1 week is long enough for this humdinger of an event

Cheers.