Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Market Manipulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Default Market Manipulation

Just reintroduce every possible tradeable vanity set, backpack or weapon once again in new crates for plats.
    So people can finally stop whining about inflation and market manipulation.
    Myself owning rare vanities - I'm not bothered if they gonna come back to the game.
    Just do it.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

More rare and exclusive vanities if returning (which I highly doubt as a dev said they aren’t returning) should be placed as a top 5 lb reward.

That way people can’t say players with exclusive vanities didn’t put in time and effort.
    Top 5 lb is very competitive especially if the vanities are good looking and the community desires it.

A lot of time and effort would be needed to reach top 5 for certain vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Agreed.
    Waiting for the *B-but NoOo I TthInK tHey shouLd stay rAre!!"

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

+1 on the lb idea

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

1+ for the lb suggestion, majority of the owners of the sets now weren’t the actual runners for the lb. they bought their sets, I’m talking about most. Bringing new GOOD looking lb vanities is fine but as for old, a top 5 reward for each class is appropriate as well. As those runners spend 16+ hours a day straight for 2-3 weeks obtaining their rewards, now imagine if it was a lb vanity that people desired, that would show true effort and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluez88 View Post
    More rare and exclusive vanities if returning (which I highly doubt as a dev said they aren’t returning) should be placed as a top 5 lb reward.

That way people can’t say players with exclusive vanities didn’t put in time and effort.
    Top 5 lb is very competitive especially if the vanities are good looking and the community desires it.

A lot of time and effort would be needed to reach top 5 for certain vanities.
    Thats for people that dont do nothing with their lives family person with work that are the reason that this game have stayed alive deserve better And this vanities will never be on the hands of working people . So i dont mind paying extra for vanities they should leave like it is. Dont bring them back theybhave never done it in a game will loose a lot of player old ones. New ones you need to grind like us for years

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

In my opinion a better idea would be recoloring/redesigning them and then selling them for platinum while making them *Untradable*. For 1 week only-once a year. *depending on how many times a year comes, will depend on how great it does*

Example:
    -Recolored/Redesigned 2014 Halloween vanities(Frank/Medusa/Ghost)
    Price: 8,200 platinum *each*

-Recolored/Redesigned 2014 Winter vanities(Yeti/Golem/Ice)
    Price: 10,500 platinum *each*

-Recolored/Redesigned 2016 halloween vanities(Ghost:Mummy/Medusa/Golem)
    Price: 13,000 platinum

Then for vanities that aren’t lb related but “rare”, STS should do the same process, Recolor/Redesign them and selling for platinum(cheaper price since they’re not LB reward) while making them *untradable*

This way it benefits all parties:

-STS gets their big cash profit.
    -Players have their own unique version of the old Lb vanity.
    -Since it’s nontradable, the original ones keep their rarity and own uniqueness since they are tradabale.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree with your redesign. A perfect example would be ghost ice spirit (like they’ve done to medusa), ghost yeti and the ghost ghost for mage.

However they should be lb rewards only. Yes plat makes it more available and eventually people will complain because of how common it will become (believe me many people will spend 8000 plat for certain vanities).

If they are implemented as lb rewards it gives incentive to people to farm and grind to achieve them. People will then say what about those who work who have no chance on the lb. Well simple make them tradeable so if you can’t grind then just purchase of another player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I agree with your redesign. A perfect example would be ghost ice spirit (like they’ve done to medusa), ghost yeti and the ghost ghost for mage.

However they should be lb rewards only. Yes plat makes it more available and eventually people will complain because of how common it will become (believe me many people will spend 8000 plat for certain vanities).

If they are implemented as lb rewards it gives incentive to people to farm and grind to achieve them. People will then say what about those who work who have no chance on the lb. Well simple make them tradeable so if you can’t grind then just purchase of another player.
    "purchase of another player" -> high demand and owners will raise their price, next thing you'll get manipulation threads all over again. Outstanding move

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mqp2385 View Post
    Thats for people that dont do nothing with their lives family person with work that are the reason that this game have stayed alive deserve better And this vanities will never be on the hands of working people . So i dont mind paying extra for vanities they should leave like it is. Dont bring them back theybhave never done it in a game will loose a lot of player old ones. New ones you need to grind like us for years

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
    The simple solution to this is to make the vanities tradeable that gives players who work a chance to purchase them. This way people will have to either put in lots of time and effort to earn the vanities through leaderboard or simply lots of gold to buy them off another player. Both parties get a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xsilentninjax View Post
    "purchase of another player" -> high demand and owners will raise their price, next thing you'll get manipulation threads all over again. Outstanding move
    Yes there will be high demand, if someone really wants the vanity they will pay more. Price manipulation for all we know will always exist, as currently there is a lot of inflation in the economy due to pirates booty event so the economy is taking
    An impact right now, even the devs confirmed this quoting you may experience impact within the economy.

A vanity alone will NOT cause price manipulation.
    Some people just don’t like the idea of prices increasing, its part of the game so it will always exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Yes there will be high demand, if someone really wants the vanity they will pay more. Price manipulation for all we know will always exist, as currently there is a lot of inflation in the economy due to pirates booty event so the economy is taking
    An impact right now, even the devs confirmed this quoting you may experience impact within the economy.

A vanity alone will NOT cause price manipulation.
    Some people just don’t like the idea of prices increasing, its part of the game so it will always exist.
    and what kind of solution does that make? it only repeats a cycle doesn't it? I overpaid for my vanities, and certainly i'm not particularly against this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

1+ Yeah. I feel sad that I can not afford this kind of prices as time goes on.

I owned a tree set and I don’t mind bringing them back in the store for 10 plat. Hopefully this coming winter event SOON. I just want a twin brother

I hate when someone say “Richie” or “Rich” to me

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Laezeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laezeo View Post
    1+ Yeah. I feel sad that I can not afford this kind of prices as time goes on.

I owned a tree set and I don’t mind bringing them back in the store for 10 plat. Hopefully this coming winter event SOON. I just want a twin brother

I hate when someone say “Richie” or “Rich” to me
    Then wear vanity that’s not worth a dime, the closest you’ll get to being unrecognized for your riches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Nah what’s the point of them rereleasing a recolored or redesigned version of them them as a “new” lb Reward in the next events, they will be untradable and people will lose interest in them after the second day since only top 5 or 10 will get one set.

It’s better the way gold king said, if his suggestion did good that week and people are happy and sts make good profit then sts will rerelease them again, this way for the people who are not “okay whales” or buy platinum in general have a chance to save up platinum to buy one of these sets. Since this suggestion is bound to come more than 1 time a year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

B-but NoOo I TthInK tHey shouLd stay rAre!!
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Because people like exclusivity, and bringing them for plat in the store gets rid of that. For example if ice spirit, yeti or golem were to return to the store for plat it would lose its exclusivity and many players will complain.

And people don’t lose interest in lb vanities, it all depends what the vanity is. Last years Halloween top 5 lb vanity was ugly imo and did not resemble a nice looking vanity. If the vanity is nice then people don’t lose interest. And if it is tradeable then players have the chance to purchase them.

Not every player will be able to afford this, but that’s understandable because we are talking about lb vanities here and they should indeed be difficult to acquire.

For other players other vanities can be implemented through your idea of plat, however I’m am strictly speaking about lb vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Gesendet von meinem E6653 mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Meexii; 08-13-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Because people like exclusivity, and bringing them for plat in the store gets rid of that. For example if ice spirit, yeti or golem were to return to the store for plat it would lose its exclusivity and many players will complain.

And people don’t lose interest in lb vanities, it all depends what the vanity is. Last years Halloween top 5 lb vanity was ugly imo and did not resemble a nice looking vanity. If the vanity is nice then people don’t lose interest. And if it is tradeable then players have the chance to purchase them.

Not every player will be able to afford this, but that’s understandable because we are talking about lb vanities here and they should indeed be difficult to acquire.

For other players other vanities can be implemented through your idea of plat, however I’m am strictly speaking about lb vanities.
    I think you misunderstood what I meant from “Recoloring/Redesign” them...

I’m speaking about making this for platinum...

And NOT releasing this for platinum...

Like I’ve stated earlier... benefits everyone...

-STS makes their cash profit...

-Players have their own Unique nontradable version of the old lb vanity...

-The originals will keep their rarity and value since they’re original and they’re tradable...

This is what I was trying to get at... hopefully you understood.

Another example would be:

“Juiced Up Frank”

-Price: 8,400 platinum
    -Nontradable vanity *Set*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    I think you misunderstood what I meant from “Recoloring/Redesign” them...

I’m speaking about making this for platinum...

And NOT releasing this for platinum...

Like I’ve stated earlier... benefits everyone...

-STS makes their cash profit...

-Players have their own Unique nontradable version of the old lb vanity...

-The originals will keep their rarity and value since they’re original and they’re tradable...

This is what I was trying to get at... hopefully you understood.

Another example would be:

“Juiced Up Frank”

-Price: 8,400 platinum
    -Nontradable vanity *Set*

Yes I understood, I just used the original lb vanities as an example. If you were referring to recoloured lb vanities for plat I do agree with that.

I was referring to redesigns of previous lb vanities for lb rewards only. An example is medusa and the redesigned version being ghost medusa. Vanities like these should be lb only. And recoloured can be purchasable via plat therefore everyone benefits.