Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Market Manipulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedeZy View Post
    Unethical? Really ok. Let’s talk about sns it was displayed a lb reward so why did they bring it back when players spent 20+ hours a day grinding for it for 3 weeks. What about nightshade when it was a lb reward? They brought it back. Another similar situation is the green arlor vanity that caused a outrage, it was pricey and exclusive now it’s worth nothing. It’s been done in the past and it can happen again.

As for the current ones looking “bad” like I said I’m pretty sure 90% of the community thinks they are meh, I didn’t say bad or imply it. If there was a poll between let’s say a ghost medusa/ice spirit vanity set against a halloween 2019 vanity set I am so certain and positive majority of the players will pick the ice spirit/ghost medusa set, yes it may be subjective but it’s facts, most players wants the older ones for a reason not the newer ones.
    Just because it had happened doesn't make it ethical, or justify for everything else exclusive to be back just so these lazy, inconsiderate and self-centered individuals would be satisfied (like youself).

Another thing is just because many want them doesn't justify it to be back.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    I think majority of you are missing out the point.

I said bring back CURRENTLY EXISTING tradeable sets and essentials like backpacks and weapons to the game.

No recolors (stop with that wannabe hellboy set seriously), put back into the game stuff that's been here in the past leaderboard events and was tradeable.
    Make people stop complaining about how expensive those items are.

Don't forget - it's just a game.

That's all.
    For all we know bringing back whats advertised as exclusive is unethical, deceptive and false advertising.

With that in mind why not bring those criers and heraldrics back aswell, because you know.. "Its just a game"?

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 08-13-2020 at 12:31 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Your post literally makes zero sense, if you understood what I was saying you would actually understand but no. I have no time for players like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

-1 Exclusively from ... lb or only obtainable in the ... event. Thats what their description says, thats why I ran the lbs/events many years ago, thats why people are so desperate to obtain them.
    Further on I dont see how this helps against "market manipulators". They just gonna use different items or the rereleased sets again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    And why not bring back those criers heraldrics to the list, because you know, "its just a game".

Sure thing, I don't see the point of why this should not happen. Because some people started playing for example in 2016 and were never available to obtain them in early 2013 when those old armors were simply available to be looted on Brackenridge maps?
    Bring back old Arlor WinterFest vanities back into the store as well, same as increase the drop chances of arcane weapons in elite golden chests so people will have something to farm for. Not just gold loot spam primarily.
    Marvelous Villain sets? Desert Assassin sets? Put them into new crates, not even leaderboard sets but highly desired where 1 was in locks before and other one was for 50 plats a set during 2016 Lovecraft event?

Remember that Shady & Surge was an exclusive leaderboard pet as well in past (Nightshade as well) and was reintroduced some time later so playerbase could obtain it in wider range and enjoy the pet itself.

If Slain King weapons could've been reintroduced as craftable vanities using new recipes I don't see the reason why Heraldic or Crier sets (being back in loot table) cannot have the same treatment.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    -1 Exclusively from ... lb or only obtainable in the ... event. Thats what their description says, thats why I ran the lbs/events many years ago, thats why people are so desperate to obtain them.
    Further on I dont see how this helps against "market manipulators". They just gonna use different items or the rereleased sets again.
    Sure thing, going by this logic, reintroduce same 25 golem sets back into the game with fair use to anyone who could compete for them (Leaderboard, events anything).
    Not having it raise in value just because people got banned with those sets throughout the years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluez88 View Post
    “Only reason they want it is because they can’t have it” so if someone manages to get their hands on a lb vanity they don’t want it anymore simply because they have it in their possession.

Your comment makes no sense. People want them for their exclusivity and looks. Yes I agree frank set isn’t that nice imo. But for rogues, many players like the ice spirit set since it is unique looking and extremely rare. That is why people want it, atleast for that certain set. People have their subjective preferences. There is obviously going to be individuals that don’t like the lb vanities, that’s just part of life not everyone will like the same thing. But I think I can say for most rogues that ice spirit is a nice looking set.
    “Only reason they want it is because they can’t have it”

-Sometimes it can feel like you're always chasing something you can't have.
    It can feel like the more something pulls away, the more you end up wanting it.
    This is partly due to our vanity and self-esteem, and partly due to our warped sense of their value.

this is part of most of us, and subject to psychological studies, so please don't say my comment make no sense

as for the look of those old van, i agree some look very nice but as someone point out it would be unethical to reintroduce them, and if they start bringing back everything that was tradable, what is the point to collect them?

What is ask here is same thing as if ill start asking to have a Chevrolet Impala 1956 "Because i wasn't born and i want one!!"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Sure thing, I don't see the point of why this should not happen. Because some people started playing for example in 2016 and were never available to obtain them in early 2013 when those old armors were simply available to be looted on Brackenridge maps?
    Bring back old Arlor WinterFest vanities back into the store as well, same as increase the drop chances of arcane weapons in elite golden chests so people will have something to farm for. Not just gold loot spam primarily.
    Marvelous Villain sets? Desert Assassin sets? Put them into new crates, not even leaderboard sets but highly desired where 1 was in locks before and other one was for 50 plats a set during 2016 Lovecraft event?

Remember that Shady & Surge was an exclusive leaderboard pet as well in past (Nightshade as well) and was reintroduced some time later so playerbase could obtain it in wider range and enjoy the pet itself.

If Slain King weapons could've been reintroduced as craftable vanities using new recipes I don't see the reason why Heraldic or Crier sets (being back in loot table) cannot have the same treatment.
    And this is your "clever" solution to solve inflation, manipulation?

Besides those who whine, who would benefit?

You can't put exclusive and player base together, it makes it contradictory.

And with that logic, I don't see why Speed demon banners and such shouldn't be back aswell . Since both lb vanities and banners were adressed as "exclusive for this event in this year" so..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

And this is your "clever" solution to solve inflation, manipulation?

Besides those who whine, who would benefit?

You can't put exclusive and player base together, it makes it contradictory.

And with that logic, I don't see why Speed demon banners and such shouldn't be back aswell . Since both lb vanities and banners were adressed as "exclusive for this event in this year" so..

I see that part of "tradeable and obtainable vanities and essentials" triggers you for some reason.
    Speed Demon banner was a community contest btw. So I don't know what's your point about it in general.
    About the rest the "clever" idea is in general something that has been on the table throughout the community threads and talks for quite long time now.
    If you're after a "No" then just say so and don't go over someone elses "contradicting" with use of words exclusive, ethical and player base.
    You clearly don't see the fair use in "Exclusive" that's been working in this game for years time now. It's a flexible word, quite adaptive and sometimes overhyped so people tend to stick whatever is so called "exclusive".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I see that part of "tradeable and obtainable vanities and essentials" triggers you for some reason.
    Speed Demon banner was a community contest btw. So I don't know what's your point about it in general.
    About the rest the "clever" idea is in general something that has been on the table throughout the community threads and talks for quite long time now.
    If you're after a "No" then just say so and don't go over someone elses "contradicting" with use of words exclusive, ethical and player base.
    You clearly don't see the fair use in "Exclusive" that's been working in this game for years time now. It's a flexible word, quite adaptive and sometimes overhyped so people tend to stick whatever is so called "exclusive".
    Everything aside,

Im going by your logic. Why are you now opposed if Speed demon banners were to be back?

From where it was obtained doesn't change the fact that both lb vanities, and banners are addressed as exclusive in the context of in the possession of the minority.

If having these banners back upsets you, then don't turn a blind eye stating that old lb vanities should too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Sure thing, going by this logic, reintroduce same 25 golem sets back into the game with fair use to anyone who could compete for them (Leaderboard, events anything).
    Not having it raise in value just because people got banned with those sets throughout the years.
    Here is no logic. Its a statement from the items description and my opinion on that. I believe 2020 lb players dont deserve a free 2014 set. If you have another opinion its alright and Im fine with that. I dont want to see those sets coming again. Thats as clear as I can make it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Everything aside,

Im going by your logic. Why are you now opposed if Speed demon banners were to be back?

From where it was obtained doesn't change the fact that both lb vanities, and banners are addressed as exclusive in the context of in the possession of the minority.

If having these banners back upsets you, then don't turn a blind eye stating that old lb vanities should too.

What?
    Where did I say Im opposed for those banners to be back?
    What are you even on about mate? I'm on about vanities not forum contest banners? xD
    It's like you saying people who obtained first Tour of Arlor Elite Journeyman vanities should be now upset that there's a sequel happening with another set of vanities.
    Btw, bring back Speed Demon banners with new forum contest - Nothing against it. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

What?
    Where did I say Im opposed for those banners to be back?
    What are you even on about mate? I'm on about vanities not forum contest banners? xD
    It's like you saying people who obtained first Tour of Arlor Elite Journeyman vanities should be now upset that there's a sequel happening with another set of vanities.
    Btw, bring back Speed Demon banners with new forum contest - Nothing against it. lol
    Long story short. Lb vanities shouldn't be back. That basically degrades the initial holders who still retain them. As I said, its unethical and falls under deception and false advertising.

Theres a reason lb rewards are now untradable, to stop the drama between manipulation/inflation. Maybe its time ya'll move on, and contemplate to why from those thousands of similar threads, no Dev ever bothered.

About the journeyman sequal, it is nothing alike with what you suggest, which is to re-introduce exact same vanities.

Tc !

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 08-13-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

This thread has gotten so much attention in 3 hours! We might be onto something good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    B-but NoOo I TthInK tHey shouLd stay rAre!!
    Lmaoo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Excellent idea oh my my !! What a genius you are ! But instead of them available in crates, they should be made to drop from event bosses unlimitedly or include them in any event token vendor for 1k or 2k tokens, so that every lazy greedy player can finally have one without doing any hard work or spending 0 gold and finally stop crying.. Putting them in a crate is a bad idea bcos there is a chance that they might again go rare after 1 or 2 years and again those lazy whiners will cry about the price rise and "manipulation".. I did a lot of hardwork and spent rl money on plats to own some of the old rare vanities since collecting those vanities motivates me to play Al but its ok cos right now it's more important to satisfy the needs of our crybabies who wants to own expensive vanities without spending much gold.. And no need to do anything about the insane gold loot system which is actually causing inflation but just let's bring back old rare vanities.. And why only the tradable should come back ? The good looking untradeable vanities should also come back.. Why only should the owners of tradable vanities suffer ? There are many people who can't run lb cos of rl issues so they buy expensive old vanities. It will be unfair towards them if only tradable ones come back.. When you are about to destroy the rarity and exclusivity of a game, destroy it completely from every point and angle. There is no reason why the untradable ones shouldn't come back. Let's contribute in killing the game completely .
    Last edited by Pinklips; 08-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Just reintroduce every possible tradeable vanity set, backpack or weapon once again in new crates for plats.
    So people can finally stop whining about inflation and market manipulation.
    Myself owning rare vanities - I'm not bothered if they gonna come back to the game.
    Just do it.

What are you talking about????

Rare loot vanities????

NO!

Rare loot vanities should remain as that.... No Re-Looting........

No more Frank, No more ghost, no more villain...... The focus needs to be more new rare vanities...........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

First come first serve?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Maybe not all vanities but 4-6 vanities of each class. As far as LB vanities i disagree. Crates are to easy to obtain. IF! anything they would have to be on shop limited 5 quantity and 10k plat. Just to keep the value of them reasonable and rarity reasonable. But we definitely need vanities...thats not a question. Most of the vanity in auction are the same and 2016+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk