Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can AL be hacked?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Default Can AL be hacked?!

So apparently my friend's account got hacked by someone who knew her and me. I had my gears and pets on that account. So my friend told me that her account got hacked and she can login anymore. At first yeah I thought maybe she scammed me, but had a lot of talks and turns out I can't make a decision. Today that " hacker " guy pms my friend on fb and says he wants revenge from me because I trash talked him, he said he won't return anything now.
    Tbh I never would think AL can be hacked like that. I contacted support but I don't think I'll get my stuff back. Don't know what to do now ffs......
    P.S: not a phising site problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

AL wasn't hacked, your account was.
    Last edited by Faotblack; 08-13-2020 at 01:59 PM.
    "Control is an illusion."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Faotblack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

To answer the question in your title: Yeah it probably can. I believe hackers can use SQL Injections or something like that to obtain hashed passwords and de-hash them.

But for your friends case, it likely wasn't a real "hacking" situation. There are are database websites out there that people can pay to use to search for leaked passwords that match with certain usernames/emails. This is how they get into accounts. They cross reference usernames of people ingame with leaked emails, and then with passwords or any other information they can obtain.

The safest way to avoid this is to have an username or an email that you use ONLY for AL.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Very sorry to hear that you got scammed by this person... but don't hold your gears and pets on another players' account. It's an incredibly bad idea. If you do this you will get scammed at some point.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Very sorry to hear that you got scammed by this person... but don't hold your gears and pets on another players' account. It's an incredibly bad idea. If you do this you will get scammed at some point.
    I had a talk with that guy who apparently holds my friends account on Instagram

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Btw is it possible to get into someone's account without knowing the pw and email?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    So apparently my friend's account got hacked by someone who knew her and me. I had my gears and pets on that account. So my friend told me that her account got hacked and she can login anymore. At first yeah I thought maybe she scammed me, but had a lot of talks and turns out I can't make a decision. Today that " hacker " guy pms my friend on fb and says he wants revenge from me because I trash talked him, he said he won't return anything now.
    Tbh I never would think AL can be hacked like that. I contacted support but I don't think I'll get my stuff back. Don't know what to do now ffs......
    Do stupid things and U get hacked......

1 + 1 = 2...... Simple math..............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Btw is it possible to get into someone's account without knowing the pw and email?
    Nope.

Sorry to keep pushing this point but: you're going to get hacked if you have other people 'hold' your stuff for you.
    If anyone has anyone else holding their stuff for them, they're half-way scammed already.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Nope.

Sorry to keep pushing this point but: you're going to get hacked if you have other people 'hold' your stuff for you.
    If anyone has anyone else holding their stuff for them, they're half-way scammed already.
    Hmm I guess so nothing can be done now. Will I get my stuff back anyhow? Or maybe you can track those items if I tell you the exact awake and names?

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Hmm I guess so nothing can be done now. Will I get my stuff back anyhow? Or maybe you can track those items if I tell you the exact awake and names?
    You need to contact the customer service team. Provide detailed information.
    | | | |

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

If it can be hacked on our end, send us the details - there are no known hacks.

Most 'hacked' or 'stolen' accounts are due to one of a few things:
    * giving your credentials to someone else (which is not allowed, besides being a bad idea)
    * using the same email / password combo for the game as you use somewhere else - doing this means if the other place leaks your info, they can likely also get into your game account
    * letting someone else use your device, or using someone else's device, with it set to save your password, so they can just launch it and be in.

Closing thread.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Trash talking, "had my gears on that account", now you're not sure if you got scammed or hacked?

I thought you were pretty good at detecting viruses and hacks and stuff?
    Retired

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post: